PDA

View Full Version : Do other clubs have as many injuries as we do? And why do we seem to get them in the

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
08-08-2016, 01:40 PM
same position?

I mean, we could have handled one of our FBs of MFs getting injured like that. But no, it's our only decent CH.

I remember when we had all our FBs out a while back. All 4 of them. So a young Coq was playing as the 5th choice FB, and he pulled his hamstring going for an overlap. I can remember it, so he must have been playing RB. That meant 5 out.

How can we expect to start the season with Chambers and Holding at CH? Having a MF who can also play CH like Gilby or Song would have helped, but we've only got midgets. Can Debuchy play CH?

Ash
08-08-2016, 01:44 PM
Monreal can do a job there with Chambers imo till Kosh is back. Gibbs at LB. New fella at CH in a couple of weeks. We'll only be five or six points behind by then.

SWv2
08-08-2016, 01:52 PM
Monreal can do a job there with Chambers imo till Kosh is back. Gibbs at LB. New fella at CH in a couple of weeks. We'll only be five or six points behind by then.

Indeed.

If Chambers is not ready to come in and play a few games for us now in central defence then quite frankly he may as well **** off and seek new employment. He has been with us 2-3 seasons by now, will have been schooled in our ways and should be capable.

There is less than 12 months in age between him and Stones, a £50m player.

He should be ready.

Pat Vegas
08-08-2016, 01:58 PM
same position?

I mean, we could have handled one of our FBs of MFs getting injured like that. But no, it's our only decent CH.

I remember when we had all our FBs out a while back. All 4 of them. So a young Coq was playing as the 5th choice FB, and he pulled his hamstring going for an overlap. I can remember it, so he must have been playing RB. That meant 5 out.

How can we expect to start the season with Chambers and Holding at CH? Having a MF who can also play CH like Gilby or Song would have helped, but we've only got midgets. Can Debuchy play CH?

We are cursed. When the Emirates was built several Tottenham hotspur shirts were buried underneath the pitch.

Pokster
08-08-2016, 02:02 PM
We are cursed. When the Emirates was built several Tottenham hotspur shirts were buried underneath the pitch.

If they still had the Spurs players in them then it would have been ok

Pat Vegas
08-08-2016, 02:04 PM
If they still had the Spurs players in them then it would have been ok

I also blame Al Qaeda, No Premier league trophies since 7/7
I used to use this for trophies but it's not valid since we won the FA cup twice.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-08-2016, 02:07 PM
Difference between Chambers and Stones is that Stones has ben given a chance and Chambers hasn't. But to play him with another rookie centre-back is asking for trouble.

SWv2
08-08-2016, 02:12 PM
Difference between Chambers and Stones is that Stones has ben given a chance and Chambers hasn't. But to play him with another rookie centre-back is asking for trouble.

Perhaps so, a potential duo of him and Holding may be risky but to partner him with Monreal is less so.

Now don’t get me wrong it is far from ideal but I cannot see us doing anything before Thursday, if we really wanted to do business we have had 2 weeks more or less since Mertesacker did whatever the **** he did.

My point was simply that Chambers is no longer a raw kid, if he is deemed so then we have failed in his development or in his selection in the first place as a viable defensive signing.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-08-2016, 02:25 PM
I think we have been over-protective of him as we have of a load of other young players: Campbell, Gnabry etc. There is no point in stringing along young players for five years and not giving them a chance if they have potential.

Too many of our successful youth players have just got lucky. We were on the verge of selling Ashley Cole when he got his chance.

Pat Vegas
08-08-2016, 02:27 PM
I think we have been over-protective of him as we have of a load of other young players: Campbell, Gnabry etc. There is no point in stringing along young players for five years and not giving them a chance if they have potential.

Too many of our successful youth players have just got lucky. We were on the verge of selling Ashley Cole when he got his chance.

That reminds me. Jenkinson is still an Arsenal player!

Luis Anaconda
08-08-2016, 02:34 PM
We have three players injured and Jack is a doubt - my god how we are suffering :shrug:

SWv2
08-08-2016, 02:37 PM
We have three players injured and Jack is a doubt - my god how we are suffering :shrug:

What the **** is wrong with JW?

Pat Vegas
08-08-2016, 02:41 PM

What the **** is right with JW?

Luis Anaconda
08-08-2016, 02:47 PM

Slight knock to the knee. Probably dead

devongunner
08-08-2016, 06:41 PM
Perhaps so, a potential duo of him and Holding may be risky but to partner him with Monreal is less so.

Now don’t get me wrong it is far from ideal but I cannot see us doing anything before Thursday, if we really wanted to do business we have had 2 weeks more or less since Mertesacker did whatever the **** he did.

My point was simply that Chambers is no longer a raw kid, if he is deemed so then we have failed in his development or in his selection in the first place as a viable defensive signing.

Just as we failed with Ox, Walcott, Gibbs and all the others really. Even Wilshere has never played enough to be an exception to that.