PDA

View Full Version : Day 3 off the fags. When will I start feeling somewhat normal again?

Pat Vegas
08-01-2016, 11:29 AM
My head feels like it's in a cloud and a bit dizzy.

I feel constantly hungry and highly volatile and very tired.

Apart from that it's great.

Would be nice if I could stay in bed for a week.

Burney
08-01-2016, 11:50 AM
My head feels like it's in a cloud and a bit dizzy.

I feel constantly hungry and highly volatile and very tired.

Apart from that it's great.

Would be nice if I could stay in bed for a week.

The worst should be passing any time now. It takes a couple of days for the nicotine addiction to go. After that, it's just the habit side of things you have to break - which I would argue is the tricky bit.

Pat Vegas
08-01-2016, 11:57 AM
The worst should be passing any time now. It takes a couple of days for the nicotine addiction to go. After that, it's just the habit side of things you have to break - which I would argue is the tricky bit.

:nod: It's automatic. I found whilst walking out of the station this morning I was reaching for my lighter (Not with me) as I always had one when I go out the station.

Today is difficult as I am at work and most of my day has a cigarette based around it.

Ash
08-01-2016, 12:03 PM
:nod: It's automatic. I found whilst walking out of the station this morning I was reaching for my lighter (Not with me) as I always had one when I go out the station.

Today is difficult as I am at work and most of my day has a cigarette based around it.

Not smoking during the day is easy, I find. No desire at all to have one at work, unless some stressful ****housery happens. Then I go home and smoke three in a row. I suspect that much of my smoking is habit rather than nicotine. When I gave up for three months I piled into jam sandwiches because of the hunger thing. Not good. Should have nibbled carrots instead really.

Pat Vegas
08-01-2016, 12:29 PM
Not smoking during the day is easy, I find. No desire at all to have one at work, unless some stressful ****housery happens. Then I go home and smoke three in a row. I suspect that much of my smoking is habit rather than nicotine. When I gave up for three months I piled into jam sandwiches because of the hunger thing. Not good. Should have nibbled carrots instead really.

I am not sure why but I would smoke additional cigarettes when it's not needed.

for example maybe I am on lunch. I'd smoke a cigarette but then I see I have 15 mins left I would have another.

Ash
08-01-2016, 12:36 PM
I am not sure why but I would smoke additional cigarettes when it's not needed.

for example maybe I am on lunch. I'd smoke a cigarette but then I see I have 15 mins left I would have another.

Yes, only smoking when it is actually enjoyable to do so could make a drastic cut-down.

Burney
08-01-2016, 01:08 PM
Yes, only smoking when it is actually enjoyable to do so could make a drastic cut-down.

Funny thing is, I would fall off the wagon now and again and ponce the odd fag when pissed and whatnot, but would be fine as long as I didn't actually have any cigarettes on me the next day.

That desire seems to have gone now. I don't even feel a pang for them anymore. Indeed, if I'm completely honest, I now find the idea of smoking one pretty disgusting. Not in that awful smug puritanical ****er way about other people smoking, but simply in the sense that I would now no more smoke a cigarette than I'd deliberately step in dog****. Basically, I think I've finally outgrown smoking completely.

Ash
08-01-2016, 01:37 PM
Funny thing is, I would fall off the wagon now and again and ponce the odd fag when pissed and whatnot, but would be fine as long as I didn't actually have any cigarettes on me the next day.

That desire seems to have gone now. I don't even feel a pang for them anymore. Indeed, if I'm completely honest, I now find the idea of smoking one pretty disgusting. Not in that awful smug puritanical ****er way about other people smoking, but simply in the sense that I would now no more smoke a cigarette than I'd deliberately step in dog****. Basically, I think I've finally outgrown smoking completely.

I must confess to viewing smoking in the morning, as people make their way to work, a bit as I'd view them tucking in to a bottle of spirits, as in "a bit early for that sort of thing, isn't it?".

Pat Vegas
08-01-2016, 01:51 PM
I must confess to viewing smoking in the morning, as people make their way to work, a bit as I'd view them tucking in to a bottle of spirits, as in "a bit early for that sort of thing, isn't it?".

Ah the morning was my favourite one :-(

Pat Vegas
08-01-2016, 02:28 PM

I am having a huge test of patience. I just spilled a hot coffee all over me :furious:

Now I have to sit around all day stinking like coffee with wet trousers :furious: :furious:

Burney
08-01-2016, 03:04 PM
I am having a huge test of patience. I just spilled a hot coffee all over me :furious:

Now I have to sit around all day stinking like coffee with wet trousers :furious: :furious:

The thing is, though, that you smoking or not smoking makes no difference to the annoyance of that. You would still have a damp, coffee-smelling crotch even if you could smoke. This is your unconscious looking for excuses to smoke. Don't let it fool you.

Burney
08-01-2016, 03:06 PM

When I was young, I used to smoke in bed first thing in the morning. :puke: I would turn off the alarm, sit up and light a fag. I now regard that as utterly repellent behaviour.