PDA

View Full Version : How many blokes does it take to get a truck in/out of a building site?

Ash
08-01-2016, 09:38 AM
Six.

One to drive the vehicle, one to open the gate, two to hold the lolipops to stop the traffic, and two to pull out the little temporary fences over the pavement to stop the pedestrians.

On some days I have seen a seventh man. Perhaps he is a spare, or the supervisor.

Pat Vegas
08-01-2016, 09:42 AM
Six.

One to drive the vehicle, one to open the gate, two to hold the lolipops to stop the traffic, and two to pull out the little temporary fences over the pavement to stop the pedestrians.

On some days I have seen a seventh man. Perhaps he is a spare, or the supervisor.

They created all these jobs for all the bloody foreigners innit.

Ash
08-01-2016, 09:48 AM
They created all these jobs for all the bloody foreigners innit.

Thay have 'Traffic Marshall' on the back of their Hi-Vis jackets, which suggests that they are not assigned other tasks during the rest of the day when there are no deliveries or take-aways, when I assume they just loll around looking at girls' bottoms. Nice work, if you can get it, tbf.

Ash
08-03-2016, 10:52 AM
Seven. There is also a chap who drives a street-cleaning vehicle to clean up all the mud that gets dragged onto the road.

Pat Vegas
08-03-2016, 11:00 AM
Seven. There is also a chap who drives a street-cleaning vehicle to clean up all the mud that gets dragged onto the road.

You are fully entitled to run these people over by the way. they have no authority to tell you what to do on a public road.

Ash
08-03-2016, 12:43 PM
You are fully entitled to run these people over by the way. they have no authority to tell you what to do on a public road.

"Well m'lud. I understood that the Stop sign being displayed had no legal status and was only there in an advisory capacity, as I drove over him and crashed into the bulldozer."

Pat Vegas
08-03-2016, 12:47 PM
"Well m'lud. I understood that the Stop sign being displayed had no legal status and was only there in an advisory capacity, as I drove over him and crashed into the bulldozer."

In todays heightened security environment it's better only to take instructions from official law enforcement err dudes.