PDA

View Full Version : Mahrez or a new decent striker?

Pat Vegas
07-29-2016, 10:54 AM
I think Wenger is leaning towards the striker option imo

If he does both I'd be rather surprised but pleased.

Brentwood
07-29-2016, 11:15 AM
I think Wenger is leaning towards the striker option imo

If he does both I'd be rather surprised but pleased.

With Mahrez and Ozil supplying passes to Alexis and Giroud, they can have a 1% conversion rate and we'll still win 3-0 every game :cloud9:

Just Trent
07-29-2016, 11:31 AM
Mahrez. With Alexis playing upfront. I really think Sanchez is a better striker than many of the names we've been linked with. Except the really expensive ones, and we were never getting one of them anyway.

Rich
07-29-2016, 12:04 PM
Mahrez. With Alexis playing upfront. I really think Sanchez is a better striker than many of the names we've been linked with. Except the really expensive ones, and we were never getting one of them anyway.

Agreed - I think that there is only really Aubameyang/Lewandowski/Reus (not really a striker)/Dybala that we would have any hope of and they would all be silly money and won't want to join.

So we might as well stick with Giroud/play Alexis or Theo there until he's back and then get another tricky midfielder.

I do not think Lacazette is worth more than £30million.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-29-2016, 01:07 PM
Mahrez because he's a very good player and none of the strikers we're being linked with seriously at the moment are an upgrade on Giroud.

If you have plenty of goals from midfield it becomes rather less important to have a top goalscorer.