PDA

View Full Version : Say what you like about coppers, but this chap did a fine job of

Sir C
07-29-2016, 10:53 AM
remaining cool under provocation.

I'd have batoned the shouty ****er within seconds.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3713743/Islamic-street-preacher-confronts-police-officer-investigating-complaint-against-screams-not-terrorists-not-suicide-bombers.html

Pat Vegas
07-29-2016, 11:01 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3713743/Islamic-street-preacher-confronts-police-officer-investigating-complaint-against-screams-not-terrorists-not-suicide-bombers.html

He should have beat him up and said it has nothing to do with Policing.

Burney
07-29-2016, 11:03 AM

That's a depressing microcosm of the problem right there. :-( The reason, rule of law and tolerance of post-Enlightenment western culture meets the rabid intolerance of a Dark Ages desert cult and backs down.

Frankly, I'd have been a lot happier if the copper had just tazed the **** in the balls until he pissed and shat himself.

Pat Vegas
07-29-2016, 11:04 AM
That's a depressing microcosm of the problem right there. :-( The reason, rule of law and tolerance of post-Enlightenment western culture meets the rabid intolerance of a Dark Ages desert cult and backs down.

Frankly, I'd have been a lot happier if the copper had just tazed the **** in the balls until he pissed and shat himself.

'That's what they want him to do'

Burney
07-29-2016, 11:10 AM
'That's what they want him to do'

Maybe, but it's also the best thing all round. The whole concept of freedom of speech and assembly is all very well, but it's a bit childish and impractical at the end of the day. If people abuse that right, they should have it taken away - painfully.

Brentwood
07-29-2016, 11:12 AM

He did very well there

Although, I think the minute you hear an Alan yell the snackbar line, you should have a free licence to pile in on them on the assumption they're about to do something allany

Burney
07-29-2016, 11:16 AM
He did very well there

Although, I think the minute you hear an Alan yell the snackbar line, you should have a free licence to pile in on them on the assumption they're about to do something allany

:nod: We should introduce a new offences of Allaning in a built-up area or Allaning without due care and attention. Punishable with on-the-spot fines and punishment beatings. :nod:

Pat Vegas
07-29-2016, 11:18 AM
:nod: We should introduce a new offences of Allaning in a built-up area or Allaning without due care and attention. Punishable with on-the-spot fines and punishment beatings. :nod:

Thing is we all ignore these shouty types. Free speech and what not.

But usually they are up to no good and clearly they are a bit mental so they are dangerous. needs to be stopped.

Burney
07-29-2016, 11:21 AM
Thing is we all ignore these shouty types. Free speech and what not.

But usually they are up to no good and clearly they are a bit mental so they are dangerous. needs to be stopped.

Of course it does. And it should absolutely be targeted at that one religious group. Let's stop ****ing around pretending that laws have to be applied equally to all. Simply define the public preaching of certain tenets of Islam as 'hate speech' (which, let's face it, it is) and away we go.

Brentwood
07-29-2016, 11:24 AM

It's far worse than shouting "Fire!" in the cinema imo. If someone started shouting that on a plane or a train I'd **** myself

Burney
07-29-2016, 11:30 AM
It's far worse than shouting "Fire!" in the cinema imo. If someone started shouting that on a plane or a train I'd **** myself

It's an interesting point, actually. As things are at the moment, it would seem reasonable for anyone hearing someone shout that to assume that some bad **** is going down and react fairly drastically in response.

Brentwood
07-29-2016, 11:33 AM
It's an interesting point, actually. As things are at the moment, it would seem reasonable for anyone hearing someone shout that to assume that some bad **** is going down and react fairly drastically in response.

Apparently loads of people have an app that plays something like this as a reminder that it's time to pray :hehe: They've had to turn the sound notifications off because people were scared :clap: no ****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfHCaQ0_a4g

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
07-29-2016, 11:34 AM

He's not even a proper Allan - he's just a shouty West Indian exhibitionist. Tazering his *******s would still be an appropriate and measured response though. And toward the end of the episode some real Allany looking Allans were beginning to gather so he did teh sensible thing retreating.

Burney
07-29-2016, 11:38 AM
He's not even a proper Allan - he's just a shouty West Indian exhibitionist. Tazering his *******s would still be an appropriate and measured response though. And toward the end of the episode some real Allany looking Allans were beginning to gather so he did teh sensible thing retreating.

That's the real problem, though. To those little toerags, that looks like western weakness in the face of Islam - which is bad. On the other hand Tazering him until he shat his jim-jams and then promising a vicious beating in the back of a police van to anyone even vaguely Allany-looking still in the vicinity once he'd stopped twitching would have told them we are not to be ****ed with.

We need to stop pussy-footing around these people.

Norn Iron
07-29-2016, 11:39 AM
Your man wouldn't get on very well in Belfast acting like that.

Burney
07-29-2016, 11:47 AM

Well he'd have to compete with all the other sectarian religious bigots in Belfast, wouldn't he? ;-)

Ash
07-29-2016, 12:51 PM

Right. The IRA would have his kneecaps.

Hang on, are we talking about the preacher or the copper?

SWv2
07-29-2016, 01:05 PM
Why does he telling the police officer to throw his television in the bin?

Ash
07-29-2016, 01:15 PM
Why does he telling the police officer to throw his television in the bin?

I expect it is because the preacher sees little on television that would align people with the preacher's objectives. It must be awfully frustrating to be an aspirant Ayatollah and the bloody infidel television is full of Haram stuff.

SWv2
07-29-2016, 01:19 PM
I expect it is because the preacher sees little on television that would align people with the preacher's objectives. It must be awfully frustrating to be an aspirant Ayatollah and the bloody infidel television is full of Haram stuff.

I wonder has he tried Netflix?

Sir C
07-29-2016, 01:20 PM

I thought he was quite Paisley-esque, actually.