PDA

View Full Version : Holding had a solid debut imo

Tony C
07-29-2016, 10:25 AM
He's going to do very well this season

As far as debuts go that was pretty good.

Bielik is a monster...so much athletic ability and skills for days.

I know the opposition is questionable but some of those guys still got the talent to hurt especially considering their in the middle of their season.

Glad we're playing the and not Singapore and Vietnam again ffs.

If we sign this Mustafi guy then my thinking is the formation will be under threat with do many centre halves he might as well go for a 3-5-2 or 3-6-1.

I mean you'll end up with Kos, Mustafi, Holding, Chambers, Bielek, Gabriel and Per in reserve...plus Jenkinson, Debuchy and Monreal who can all cover in a back 3.

Would anyone be upset if we started vs Liverpool with a back 3 of Chambers, Holding and Monreal? Probably not....pretty solid unit IMO.

Thought Theo had a good first 30 minutes but faded afterwards...he looked super electric but not sure he was playing against the best defence...

Looked amazingly isolated at times.

2nd was messy with all the changes being made and I wasn't happy with our lack of organisation....looked far too disjointed.

Need to sort that out especially with Jose, Pep and my fav of the lot Conte being master technicians.

Don't think our current system will hold much hope vs one of them Conte back 3s.

redgunamo
07-29-2016, 01:09 PM
He's going to do very well this season

As far as debuts go that was pretty good.

Bielik is a monster...so much athletic ability and skills for days.

I know the opposition is questionable but some of those guys still got the talent to hurt especially considering their in the middle of their season.

Glad we're playing the and not Singapore and Vietnam again ffs.

If we sign this Mustafi guy then my thinking is the formation will be under threat with do many centre halves he might as well go for a 3-5-2 or 3-6-1.

I mean you'll end up with Kos, Mustafi, Holding, Chambers, Bielek, Gabriel and Per in reserve...plus Jenkinson, Debuchy and Monreal who can all cover in a back 3.

Would anyone be upset if we started vs Liverpool with a back 3 of Chambers, Holding and Monreal? Probably not....pretty solid unit IMO.

Thought Theo had a good first 30 minutes but faded afterwards...he looked super electric but not sure he was playing against the best defence...

Looked amazingly isolated at times.

2nd was messy with all the changes being made and I wasn't happy with our lack of organisation....looked far too disjointed.

Need to sort that out especially with Jose, Pep and my fav of the lot Conte being master technicians.

Don't think our current system will hold much hope vs one of them Conte back 3s.

Good post, T.

I like 3-5-2 but only if you have a naturally left-sided centre back or two about the place.