PDA

View Full Version : At long last I will stop smoking tomorrow.

Pat Vegas
07-29-2016, 10:04 AM
No gimmicks, no breakdowns I will just stop.

I worked out I am spending £3500 a year on cigarettes. This is probably why I don't have as much spare cash around as I would like.

FAGS OUT!

I may have said all this before but I am a man of action. I have been on my weight loss regime for 1 month now and lost 9 pounds so that will do for a start.

If I feel like going mental whilst giving up I will go out for a run.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
07-29-2016, 10:10 AM

Best way Fash - I didn't finally quit until I dropped the Nicotine substitutes, pyschobabble pamphlets and went cold turkey :nod:

One other thing I did differently the time I actually cracked it - I didn't spend days talking about it first ;-)

Pat Vegas
07-29-2016, 10:13 AM
Best way Fash - I didn't finally quit until I dropped the Nicotine substitutes, pyschobabble pamphlets and went cold turkey :nod:

One other thing I did differently the time I actually cracked it - I didn't spend days talking about it first ;-)

:Thumbup: I will do it tomorrow for sure. I can have a lie in so by the time I get up I'll already not have smoke for 12 hours.

Tried all the other crap, Patches and the like, I actually think they make you more addicted than before.

think of the guitars I could buy with the money saved. :cloud9:

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
07-29-2016, 10:26 AM
think of the guitars I could buy with the money saved. :cloud9:

Not to mention the crippling respiratory diseases, blood clots and cancers you'll avoid.

A tip Fash. The first two weeks of battling your addiction are probably the easiest because you are in a dog fight with it.

Watch out for when the addiction starts to fade and boredom sets in. Don't think you now have it under control and can stop whenever you want. This is old man Nicotine's trump card and it's beaten millions before you.

Burney
07-29-2016, 10:42 AM

I worked out I am spending £3500 a year on cigarettes. This is probably why I don't have as much spare cash around as I would like.

FAGS OUT!

I may have said all this before but I am a man of action. I have been on my weight loss regime for 1 month now and lost 9 pounds so that will do for a start.

If I feel like going mental whilst giving up I will go out for a run.

Here's the thing: if you're going to stop smoking, just stop smoking.

Don't talk about it, don't set targets, don't cut down, don't **** about with substitutes, don't count money, don't bargain with yourself, don't even try and rationalise it - just stop smoking. Smoke normally, then have your last cigarette and then never smoke again. It's actually much simpler than people like to make out. There is this habit of pretending it's an achievement like climbing Everest or some ****ing thing. It's not. It's simply not doing something you don't need to do.

Pat Vegas
07-29-2016, 10:48 AM
:nod: That's the annoying thing I know that it's stupid and it doesn't really do anything for me apart from alleviate the previous cigarette.

Plus now I feel knackered all the time. and I reckon smoking is the cause of most of my anxiety, A long distance flight is a nightmare for me because I can't smoke. I don't recall suffering from this mental anxiety when I didn't smoke.