PDA

View Full Version : I feel I am in store for one of my mental breakdowns shortly.

Pat Vegas
07-28-2016, 02:38 PM
bit like fash style but not as much.

:furious:

As much as I progress I always feel extremely frustrated.

Burney
07-28-2016, 02:41 PM

Are you going to do a madness? :-( Before you do, could you just tell us whether Seven Sisters has ever been on the Northern Line?

Viva Prat Vegas
07-28-2016, 02:42 PM
Are you going to do a madness? :-( Before you do, could you just tell us whether Seven Sisters has ever been on the Northern Line?

It never has

redgunamo
07-28-2016, 02:43 PM

What seems to be the trouble, P?

7sisters
07-28-2016, 02:43 PM

Not the full Spiny Norman I hope ?

Burney
07-28-2016, 02:44 PM
It never has

Hang about. I've got confused. Who the **** are you?

Pat Vegas
07-28-2016, 02:44 PM

I've lost my tube knowledge a bit. Never on the northern line.

Pat Vegas
07-28-2016, 02:47 PM
Thanks, f. Now what's up? Climb up on my knee, have a Werther's Original and tell your Uncle Berni what's upsetting you.

It will be a reoccurring issue in my life I suspect. I have this new job and it's cool. I get good money and what not. Nobody is watching over me and I pretty much doing my own thing.

however I always feel unfulfilled and want to make more money. It's all about money at this point. I am making sacrifices, I put money away each month. It's not enough. I want to earn more and doing something I really enjoy. If there was a way I could do another task in my spare time to make money I would do so (bar the obvious be a rent boy stuff)

The tricky part is I don't know the solution here. I look endlessly for the answer but I can't find it. I doubt I am cut out to run my own business.
I can be very creative and hardworking when I am interested in something but I feel it goes to waste.

Pat Vegas
07-28-2016, 02:48 PM
Hang about. I've got confused. Who the **** are you?

He is a tribute poster. I highly approve.

Burney
07-28-2016, 02:49 PM
It will be a reoccurring issue in my life I suspect. I have this new job and it's cool. I get good money and what not. Nobody is watching over me and I pretty much doing my own thing.

however I always feel unfulfilled and want to make more money. It's all about money at this point. I am making sacrifices, I put money away each month. It's not enough. I want to earn more and doing something I really enjoy. If there was a way I could do another task in my spare time to make money I would do so (bar the obvious be a rent boy stuff)

The tricky part is I don't know the solution here. I look endlessly for the answer but I can't find it. I doubt I am cut out to run my own business.
I can be very creative and hardworking when I am interested in something but I feel it goes to waste.

It's a common enough problem, but it's ultimately silly. You have a good job, money in your pocket to spend on guitars, a roof over your head and a good woman. Take a little time out to be thankful for what you do have rather than resentful of what you do not.

Viva Prat Vegas
07-28-2016, 02:52 PM
Thanks, f. Now what's up? Climb up on my knee, have a Werther's Original and tell your Uncle Berni what's upsetting you.

I bought six dead tiger prawns yesterday but don't know how to cook them.
If I take the shell off and eat them raw, will I get the ****s?
Do I boil them for a minute?

The confusion is stressing me out.

Pat Vegas
07-28-2016, 02:53 PM
It's a common enough problem, but it's ultimately silly. You have a good job, money in your pocket to spend on guitars, a roof over your head and a good woman. Take a little time out to be thankful for what you do have rather than resentful of what you do not.

I suppose it moves in stages and we just want to progress.
Things are a bit uncertain at the moment due to the redundancy stuff coming up and some family issues,

This is why recently I decided to actually stop talking and take action on somethings. I was looking at the things I didn't like and wanted to change them hence the diet, I am actually going to stop smoking now too, I was all talk and no action.

Burney

Take their **** strings out and then fry them in oil with garlic and parsley.

Pat Vegas

Did you used to post on here as Frash?

Burney
07-28-2016, 02:56 PM
Things are a bit uncertain at the moment due to the redundancy stuff coming up and some family issues,

This is why recently I decided to actually stop talking and take action on somethings. I was looking at the things I didn't like and wanted to change them hence the diet, I am actually going to stop smoking now too, I was all talk and no action.

You do seem to be rather all or nothing, f. You're either happily cruising along or you're trying to change too many things at once. All that does is leave you feeling overfaced and defeated. Try just dealing with one thing at a time instead.

Sir C
07-28-2016, 02:58 PM

Look me in the eye. You're a married man. You have no right to wallow in such self-indulgent twaddle.

Care for your woman. All else is secondary.

Viva Prat Vegas
07-28-2016, 02:59 PM
Take their **** strings out and then fry them in oil with garlic and parsley.

Thank you Burney.
I know about deveining their simple digestive systems with a knife.
Are they definitely not safe to eat raw?
I want to eat them with avocado and put them in the hole where the big **** off stone goes.

Thank you for giving me a Worthers Original to suck on.

Pat Vegas
07-28-2016, 03:00 PM
Look me in the eye. You're a married man. You have no right to wallow in such self-indulgent twaddle.

It seems selfish but it's for the both of us.

Burney
07-28-2016, 03:03 PM
It seems selfish but it's for the both of us.

And do you think having you running around the place like a big stress monkey is helping her state of mind? Hmmmm?

Just Trent
Cheer up P. Look what's happening in the Algerian sports pages

http://www.lebuteur.com/article/detail?titre=mahrez-signera-dans-les-prochains-jours-a-arsenal&id=55648

Burney
Thank you Burney.
I know about deveining their simple digestive systems with a knife.
Are they definitely not safe to eat raw?
I want to eat them with avocado and put them in the hole where the big **** off stone goes.

Thank you for giving me a Worthers Original to suck on.

Ah, you'll probably be fine. You go ahead and stick them in your hole.

And you can suck on my hard candy any day of the week. ;-)

Viva Prat Vegas
07-28-2016, 03:05 PM
And do you think having you running around the place like a big stress monkey is helping her state of mind? Hmmmm?

I keep it under wraps when I am with Mrs F. and get it out to suffer in silence when I am alone

Pat Vegas
07-28-2016, 03:05 PM

It's an internal frustration. I don't want add any more problems.

Pat Vegas
07-28-2016, 03:06 PM
I keep it under wraps when I am with Mrs F. and get it out to suffer in silence when I am alone

:hehe: Pretty much.
Though this current frustration has only been around 3 days.

Burney
07-28-2016, 03:06 PM

Yes, he probably imagines he does - and that's to his credit - but long experience tells me that our womenfolk are rarely as easily fooled by our attempts at stoicism as we'd like to think, f.

Sir C
07-28-2016, 03:07 PM
Yes, you probably imagine you do - and that's to your credit - but long experience tells me that our womenfolk are rarely as easily fooled by our attempts at stoicism as we'd like to think, f.

I'm not sure that's the right one, tbh :-(

Pat Vegas
Cheer up P. Look what's happening in the Algerian sports pages

http://www.lebuteur.com/article/detail?titre=mahrez-signera-dans-les-prochains-jours-a-arsenal&id=55648

:cloud9: I am going to the Armoury with Rich immediately.

Burney
I'm not sure that's the right one, tbh :-(

I know. It's very irritating, tbh. I've edited it.

Pat Vegas
07-28-2016, 03:09 PM
Yes, he probably imagines he does - and that's to his credit - but long experience tells me that our womenfolk are rarely as easily fooled by our attempts at stoicism as we'd like to think, f.

That's pretty true. I was on a train once thinking I had forgot to pay a bill. She somehow managed to work out I was stressing about this without any words coming out of my mouth.

Burney
07-28-2016, 03:10 PM
That's pretty true. I was on a train once thinking I had forgot to pay a bill. She somehow managed to work out I was stressing about this without any words coming out of my mouth.

Yes. Well that's sort of what we keep them around for, isn't it? That and the rumpo, of course.

Pat Vegas
07-28-2016, 03:12 PM
Yes. Well that's sort of what we keep them around for, isn't it? That and the rumpo, of course.

Can I get away with being a bit of a cund for a while whilst I give up the smokes?

eastgermanautos
07-28-2016, 03:26 PM
Dude, come to LA.

Pat Vegas
07-28-2016, 03:29 PM
Dude, come to LA.

That would be nice.

Still working on that project by the way ;-)

SWv2
07-28-2016, 03:32 PM
Man up you big Canadian poof.

redgunamo
07-28-2016, 03:32 PM

Well said.

Ash
07-28-2016, 03:37 PM

If you made more money would it be enough? Perhaps you crave what you don't have, and if you get it, you start craving something else. Learn to love what you have, instead of what you don't have.

It took us about ten years to save up to buy a place, and while being kept waiting for five months on the two bed flat we were in the process of buying, as prices rocketed, we were gazzumped up the chain on the day of exchange by some utter scumbag who had been holding out for better cash offers all along. We could no longer afford a two-bed, despite being used to renting a two-bed for years, and eventually managed to buy a one-bed. The week we moved in, the housing crash happened. :shrug:

Now the flat is probably worth not too far south of half a million quid, which would be great for cashing in on and moving to the boonies (zone 6), but no use for upgrading to a two-bed round here. When we bought, the difference between one and two bed was about 30k. Now it's a difference of 150-200k. So that gazzumper has cost us about £170k and the possibility of living in a better property. And in austere, post 07/08 crash Britain now I earn little over half what I did then.

What's my point? Well, **** happens, and it can be terribly frustrating but unless you apreciate what you do have (and I do, enourmously), you're destined to be frustrated.

The other thing, of course, is that The Beer (or tipple of choice) can be a wonderful cure for the disappointments that the universe can, and does bring. As long as you are not an angry or morose drinker. Being a happy drunk is one of nature's great gifts, if one is lucky enough to be blessed with it. :thumbup: And old age is so over-rated, of course, so best not to worry about longevity, I think.

Pat Vegas
07-28-2016, 03:40 PM
If you made more money would it be enough? Perhaps you crave what you don't have, and if you get it, you start craving something else. Learn to love what you have, instead of what you don't have.

It took us about ten years to save up to buy a place, and while being kept waiting for five months on the two bed flat we were in the process of buying, as prices rocketed, we were gazzumped up the chain on the day of exchange by some utter scumbag who had been holding out for better cash offers all along. We could no longer afford a two-bed, despite being used to renting a two-bed for years, and eventually managed to buy a one-bed. The week we moved in, the housing crash happened. :shrug:

Now the flat is probably worth not too far south of half a million quid, which would be great for cashing in on and moving to the boonies (zone 6), but no use for upgrading to a two-bed round here. When we bought, the difference between one and two bed was about 30k. Now it's a difference of 150-200k. So that gazzumper has cost us about £170k and the possibility of living in a better property. And in austere, post 07/08 crash Britain now I earn little over half what I did then.

What's my point? Well, **** happens, and it can be terribly frustrating but unless you apreciate what you do have (and I do, enourmously), you're destined to be frustrated.

The other thing, of course, is that The Beer (or tipple of choice) can be a wonderful cure for the disappointments that the universe can, and does bring. As long as you are not an angry or morose drinker. Being a happy drunk is one of nature's great gifts, if one is lucky enough to be blessed with it. :thumbup: And old age is so over-rated, of course, so best not to worry about longevity, I think.

These are wise words Ash. Do not think I do not take them on board.

redgunamo
07-28-2016, 03:46 PM

Yes. You may have to lose the bird. Somehow, and rightly or wrongly, you have convinced yourself that you can't afford her.

Even though we may joke about it amongst ourselves, women are not supposed to make you feel like that, especially the ones we choose to keep

redgunamo
07-28-2016, 04:40 PM

And weren't you "with child" the other week? That can often force a chap to stop and think a bit.