PDA

View Full Version : And furthermore, are we forgetting the exceptional youth crop

Sir C
07-28-2016, 01:01 PM
we have coming through?

Zelalem, Reine-Adelaide, Iwobi and Crowley look the absolute teats.

How much did Frguson pay for Beckham, Scholes, Giggs and Neville (G)? I seem to remember them being more than a match for Vieira, Bergkamp, Henry and Pires.

SWv2
07-28-2016, 01:17 PM
we have coming through?

How much did Frguson pay for Beckham, Scholes, Giggs and Neville (G)? I seem to remember them being more than a match for Vieira, Bergkamp, Henry and Pires.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Brentwood
07-28-2016, 01:23 PM
we have coming through?

Iwobi :cloud9:

7sisters
07-28-2016, 01:25 PM
we have coming through?

Read somewhere earlier that AW feels Zelalem is a bit too puny and needs to start bulking up if he's ever going to make it here. Likely loaner again next season. Not really a solution to our squad depth.

Sir C
07-28-2016, 01:30 PM
Read somewhere earlier that AW feels Zelalem is a bit too puny and needs to start bulking up if he's ever going to make it here. Likely loaner again next season. Not really a solution to our squad depth.

Reine-Adelaide's been promotoed to the first team squad today. So that's one addition.

Xhaka, Bolton, thon Jap, Reine-Adelaide. A great summer for squad enhancements.

Burney
07-28-2016, 01:33 PM
Reine-Adelaide's been promotoed to the first team squad today. So that's one addition.

I still want to know how he ended up being called Queen Adelaide.

7sisters
07-28-2016, 01:49 PM

Iwobi looked fantastic last season. It would be a pity to see his development put back.
I'm more concerned with the defence. We really need to bring in a top drawer CB.
I'd be fairly confident that he'll add a forward but he's clearly having a drastic re-think following Vardy's antics. I think it was inconceivable to him that the pikey wouldn't sign.

redgunamo
07-28-2016, 01:51 PM
Iwobi looked fantastic last season. It would be a pity to see his development put back.
I'm more concerned with the defence. We really need to bring in a top drawer CB.
I'd be fairly confident that he'll add a forward but he's clearly having a drastic re-think following Vardy's antics. I think it was inconceivable to him that the pikey wouldn't sign.

I'm not sure, He *must* have had His doubts on that one. The same ones many of you had, in fact (I was all for it).

I reckon the whole saga could've been Wenger's way of winding "young" Theo up.

7sisters
07-28-2016, 01:58 PM
I'm not sure, He *must* have had His doubts on that one. The same ones many of you had, in fact (I was all for it).

I reckon the whole saga could've been Wenger's way of winding "young" Theo up.

Nah.. Wenger and lateral thinking ? I think he set out to land his targets early and had a set back. The question is whether or not he has the cojones to go into the new season with just the one major signing.
I'd have a sneaking admiration for him but would also be one of the many waiting to kick him the balls if our form took a slide through injuries.
I must admit, nominating Per as captain was a stroke of unrivaled stupidity.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-28-2016, 02:00 PM
You've all forgotten Willock.

redgunamo
07-28-2016, 02:00 PM
Nah.. Wenger and lateral thinking ? I think he set out to land his targets early and had a set back. The question is whether or not he has the cojones to go into the new season with just the one major signing.
I'd have a sneaking admiration for him but would also be one of the many waiting to kick him the balls if our form took a slide through injuries.
I must admit, nominating Per as captain was a stroke of unrivaled stupidity.

He certainly has His moments :shrug:

7sisters
07-28-2016, 02:05 PM

The man is consistent, at least. I think our lego haired Spaniard managed at least 3 starts in the arm band..

SWv2
07-28-2016, 02:06 PM

I think he never ever expected Vardy to do what he did, and let’s be honest few did given how far the deal appeared to go.

All his work done and dusted before the Euros.

Then it ****ed up and I am not sure there is an alternative plan.

redgunamo
07-28-2016, 02:08 PM
You've all forgotten Willock.

Easily done, imo. Midfielders grow on trees.

Ash
07-28-2016, 02:24 PM
I think he never ever expected Vardy to do what he did, and let’s be honest few did given how far the deal appeared to go.

All his work done and dusted before the Euros.

Then it ****ed up and I am not sure there is an alternative plan.

Twenty million of our humble sterlings for a proven PL goalscorer would have been an astonishing coup in hindsight. Though, he's spent four years failling to get his man up front so he really should be used to missing out by now. I refuse to believe that there was/is no plan B, C etc.

btw, in case you didn't see my response to your earlier contribution: http://www.awimb.com/showthread.php?595149-once-again-our-transfer-activity-underwhelms&p=4122144&viewfull=1#post4122144

Ash
07-28-2016, 02:24 PM
Easily dome, imo. Midfielders grow on trees.

:hehe: textbook reg :clap:

redgunamo
07-28-2016, 02:25 PM
The man is consistent, at least. I think our lego haired Spaniard managed at least 3 starts in the arm band..

His sort are simply not interested in the armband as we are. This is surely not news to anyone.

Burney
07-28-2016, 02:29 PM
His sort are simply not interested in the armband as we are. This is surely not news to anyone.

When did we start caring who was captain anyway? Football captains don't do nuffink imo

Luis Anaconda
07-28-2016, 02:50 PM
When did we start caring who was captain anyway? Football captains don't do nuffink imo

On the pitch not really that relevant, I think there is more to the job off it than immediately meets the eye and thus how anyone dismissing having the intelligent, experienced multi-capped German as club captain as unrivalled stupidity is beyond me. That and the fact that he hasn't actually named Per captain does tend to point the finger of stupidity in a rather different direction tbf

Pat Vegas
07-28-2016, 02:55 PM
we have coming through?

I am eagerly awaiting the debut of Beef Wellington Silva

oh :-(

Actually though I do like Sanogo. I believe his unconventional ways cause chaos in the box.