PDA

View Full Version : I put on the wrong playlist when I went running this morning.

Sir C
07-27-2016, 10:47 AM
It was the playlist featured in that Jason Isaacs jock detective series; modern country and western. Now I can be a sucker for a bit of c&w on occasion, but for running? Nah. Oddly, it worked remarkably well. Who would have imagined that doleful tales of marital infidelity and farm bankruptcy could be such a useful spur to athletic activity?

wd modern c&w artists.

What music do you enjoy when you exercise?

Pat Vegas
07-27-2016, 10:48 AM
It was the playlist featured in that Jason Isaacs jock detective series; modern country and western. Now I can be a sucker for a bit of c&w on occasion, but for running? Nah. Oddly, it worked remarkably well. Who would have imagined that doleful tales of marital infidelity and farm bankruptcy could be such a useful spur to athletic activity?

wd modern c&w artists.

I am not a fan of the sort of generic dance music they play in the gym. Though I suppose you can time your running to it.
I usually like heavier stuff. or stuff that I call hype music. Kashmir is a good Hype song.

IUFG
07-27-2016, 10:55 AM
Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Midfield General, Public Enemy, Cypress Hill, Beastie Boys, that sort of thing.

Not really the occasion for a bit of Orb ambience is it?

Pat Vegas
07-27-2016, 10:57 AM
Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Midfield General, Public Enemy, Cypress Hill, Beastie Boys, that sort of thing.

I am going to record a track with crazy allan fellas shouting and the sound of gunshots. It will make me run faster.

Sir C
07-27-2016, 11:01 AM

I'm going to try Kenny Rogers tomorrow. 'Oh Ruuuuuuuuubeeeee!' :music:

Pokster
07-27-2016, 11:48 AM

wd modern c&w artists.

I thought you just ran on a treadmill? Why not just stop and put the right music on??? I have a running playlist with lots of upbeat songs (mostly 80's)

Pat Vegas
07-27-2016, 11:57 AM
I thought you just ran on a treadmill? Why not just stop and put the right music on??? I have a running playlist with lots of upbeat songs (mostly 80's)

Any particulars?

Any that haven't been used in Just Eat adverts?

Ash
07-27-2016, 11:58 AM

The natural rhythms of the city.

So traffic, mainly. I ****ing hate mp3s and earbuds, and big headphones are cumbersome. And tbh I like to hear the cyclists sneaking up on me on the pavement from behind.

SWv2
07-27-2016, 12:30 PM

Love a bit of The Orb mind you.

Sir C
07-27-2016, 12:43 PM

Just stop? Stop? Are you quite sane? I stop for no man and no thing.

SWv2
07-27-2016, 12:48 PM

wd modern c&w artists.

You appear mad for this running craic all of the same. I tried it the once, got injured and decided it was wrong for me.

Pat Vegas
07-27-2016, 12:54 PM
You appear mad for this running craic all of the same. I tried it the once, got injured and decided it was wrong for me.

I've been told it is rather addictive.

When does that bit kick in. At the moment it feels like running towards the grim reaper.

Pokster
07-27-2016, 12:59 PM
Any particulars?

Any that haven't been used in Just Eat adverts?

OMD, Depeche Mode, ... that sort of thing

Sir C
07-27-2016, 01:01 PM

It's good.

PSRB
07-27-2016, 01:08 PM
It's good.

Terrible thing, exercise. People have heart attacks doing that sort of thing

I really hate running, dullest form of exercise going.......I need a ball to chase

Sir C
07-27-2016, 01:09 PM
Terrible thing, exercise. People have heart attacks doing that sort of thing

I really hate running, dullest form of exercise going.......I need a ball to chase

You can't chase a ball without earning the right to chase the ball.

Burney
07-27-2016, 01:15 PM
You can't chase a ball without earning the right to chase the ball.

Have you gone Zen?

Sir C
07-27-2016, 01:23 PM
Have you gone Zen?

I'm feeling quite fatalistic.

Apparently the Frog Highways department have issued a plea for holidaymakers to stay off the roads on Staurday because it's going to be a 100% nightmare, so I'm going to drive straight down overnight on Friday. Which is all fine, but means we will arrive at about 5 a.m. on Saturday, and get the keys to our villa at 4 p.m.

Que sera, as they say, sera.

SWv2
07-27-2016, 01:24 PM

Apparently the Frog Highways department have issued a plea for holidaymakers to stay off the roads on Staurday because it's going to be a 100% nightmare, so I'm going to drive straight down overnight on Friday. Which is all fine, but means we will arrive at about 5 a.m. on Saturday, and get the keys to our villa at 4 p.m.

Why don’t you fly. Charlie Victor Bravo etc.

Burney
07-27-2016, 01:25 PM

Hmmm. Are you going to artificially stimulate yourself to stay awake? You probably ought to.

Sir C
07-27-2016, 01:28 PM
Why don’t you fly. Charlie Victor Bravo etc.

I used to do that back in the day when I had my sooper-dooper fast aeroplane. Now I share one and the other blokes might be offended if I take it away for 3 weeks in the middle of summer. And the poor thing only does 140 mph. It would take ****ing ages.

Sir C
07-27-2016, 01:30 PM
Hmmm. Are you going to artificially stimulate yourself to stay awake? You probably ought to.

Nah. I've done more overnight drives than I've had diners chaud. And it's not even a long one, really. 1,000 km, I reckon.

Knock it out before breakfast imo. Then sit in a dazed condition for 12 hours.

Burney
07-27-2016, 01:38 PM
Nah. I've done more overnight drives than I've had diners chaud. And it's not even a long one, really. 1,000 km, I reckon.

Knock it out before breakfast imo. Then sit in a dazed condition for 12 hours.

Yes, but...how can I put this? You're no longer in the first flush of youth, old chum. The ability to stay awake all night is something one has as a young shaver, but as we get older our need for shut-eye becomes rather more acute.

Sir C
07-27-2016, 01:45 PM
Yes, but...how can I put this? You're no longer in the first flush of youth, old chum. The ability to stay awake all night is something one has as a young shaver, but as we get older our need for shut-eye becomes rather more acute.

Driving, innit. It's a natural function to me, like breathing. I'm like James Taylor in Two Lane Blacktop, me.

Burney
07-27-2016, 01:49 PM
Driving, innit. It's a natural function to me, like breathing. I'm like James Taylor in Two Lane Blacktop, me.

Yes, but sleeping is also a natural function...oh, bugger it. I'm not going to convince you to do the sensible thing and load yourself full of drugs before undertaking such a long journey no matter what I say, am I?

Talking of which, I watched Vanishing Point for the first time the other day. Now that's a ****ing odd movie.

Sir C
07-27-2016, 02:05 PM
Yes, but sleeping is also a natural function...oh, bugger it. I'm not going to convince you to do the sensible thing and load yourself full of drugs before undertaking such a long journey no matter what I say, am I?

Talking of which, I watched Vanishing Point for the first time the other day. Now that's a ****ing odd movie.

I haven't seen that for years. I remember it being less good than it promised.

Burney
07-27-2016, 02:09 PM
I haven't seen that for years. I remember it being less good than it promised.

Oh, yes. It wasn't good, but it was sort of fascinating. Very much of its time. Speed freak tries to drive across much of the United States after a bet with his dealer and encounters various hippies and rednecks. Weirdly nihilistic and had Petrocelli and the Sheriff out of Blazing Saddles as a blind DJ. **** knows what the point of it was.