PDA

View Full Version : Cryptic Wenger :cloud9:

Pat Vegas
07-27-2016, 09:40 AM
“On the transfer front, I think the best is always to keep as secret as possible,” he continued.

“If we sign somebody, we will announce it.

“But I cannot tell you much more on that.”

10 mins before transfer deadline we'll still be hoping. And that weird hour or so afterwards where it still might be announced.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-27-2016, 10:02 AM
Yes, people are kept excited (and spending) till the last minute and then they realise it's Gabriel and Chambers to start against Liverpool and for the next few games.

Just Trent
07-27-2016, 10:22 AM
We'll be spending deadline day debating the merits of a loan move for Bony or Benteke. Then actually be disappointed that we didn't get either one :-(

Pat Vegas
07-27-2016, 10:29 AM
We'll be spending deadline day debating the merits of a loan move for Bony or Benteke. Then actually be disappointed that we didn't get either one :-(

If we don't sign a striker then he's gone completely mental. Especially when we know he has 'tried' to sign one this summer. Vardy and now this Lacazette.

he'll come out with the nobody available *******s.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-27-2016, 10:30 AM
Ivan says we can't compete financially with the big boys (the dream is over) but money isn't that important anyway because all the premiership teams have bags of it.

Now I don't know about you but there's something slightly contradictory there. If we can't compete with the big boys that surely means we should outgun the smaller boys?

Ash
07-27-2016, 10:33 AM
Ivan says we can't compete financially with the big boys (the dream is over) but money isn't that important anyway because all the premiership teams have bags of it.

Now I don't know about you but there's something slightly contradictory there. If we can't compete with the big boys that surely means we should outgun the smaller boys?

Perhaps it means that Stan might as well trouser most of it, and we'll make do with some cunning League Deux signings.

IUFG
07-27-2016, 10:34 AM
Is Yossi B still alive?

Ash
07-27-2016, 10:34 AM
If we don't sign a striker then he's gone completely mental. Especially when we know he has 'tried' to sign one this summer. Vardy and now this Lacazette.

he'll come out with the nobody available *******s.

He's been trying to sign one for years. Ever since he signed Giroud as an interim, in fact.

Pat Vegas
07-27-2016, 10:38 AM
He's been trying to sign one for years. Ever since he signed Giroud as an interim, in fact.

He doesn't help himself. West Ham offered more and they declined it so we come in much lower.
He must be nightmare to live with. No wonder he divorced. Can you imagine him trying to haggle over a car.

Pat Vegas
07-27-2016, 10:40 AM
Is Yossi B still alive?

He just signed for Maccabi Tel Aviv.

Whilst you are here IUFG is this legal from a HR point of view?

Pep Guardiola: Man City boss bans overweight players from training
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36901810

IUFG
07-27-2016, 10:45 AM
Being overweight is not a protected characteristic so they can have a policy that enforces this if it meets a legitimate business aim (I'd say having an overweight footballer is a measurement of fitness, though I'm not sure exactly how you measure fitness).

However, complications that affect day to day living because of obesity could be classed as a disability. Other than Thomas Brolin, Neville Southall and Maradonna, I don't recall any obese footballers...

Sir C
07-27-2016, 10:47 AM
Being overweight is not a protected characteristic so they can have a policy that enforces this if it meets a legitimate business aim (I'd say having an overweight footballer is a measurement of fitness, though I'm not sure exactly how you measure fitness).

However, complications that affect day to day living because of obesity could be classed as a disability. Other than Thomas Brolin, Neville Southall and Maradonna, I don't recall any obese footballers...

Mickey Quinn. **** me, what a fat ******* he was.

IUFG
07-27-2016, 10:50 AM
Yep. missed that one completely.

his hat trick on the opening day of the season at THo :cry: