PDA

View Full Version : After careful deliberation I am not leaving the country.

Pat Vegas
07-26-2016, 03:06 PM
:-( I would very much like to.

But there is a problem that can not be solved that must mean I remain here.

But I am getting to a frustrating point where I am not sure what path to take. I am renting privately currently every year this goes up and it's quite frustrating now. Pissing this money away. then I would like to buy a house perhaps, but the prices now are so high it doesn't seem an option. And what we could afford would be so small the mortgage offered would perhaps buy a car parking space if I was lucky. But then again I don't like the idea of getting caught up to a 20-25 year commitment to a tiny little ****ty house just for the sake of owning something.

I can only see years or frustration ahead. Paying £1200+ rent a month in zone ****ing 4 is going my ****ing head in.

This is the problem with London. I am not moving to another part of the UK either.

However I will be a 'home owner' in a few months time once I finalise my deal in Italy. So at least I can say that.

What are the options awimb? I'm out of ideas.

Sir C
07-26-2016, 03:09 PM

But I am getting to a frustrating point where I am not sure what path to take. I am renting privately currently every year this goes up and it's quite frustrating now. Pissing this money away. then I would like to buy a house perhaps, but the prices now are so high it doesn't seem an option. And what we could afford would be so small the mortgage offered would perhaps buy a car parking space if I was lucky. But then again I don't like the idea of getting caught up to a 20-25 year commitment to a tiny little ****ty house just for the sake of owning something.

I can only see years or frustration ahead. Paying £1200+ rent a month in zone ****ing 4 is going my ****ing head in.

This is the problem with London. I am not moving to another part of the UK either.

However I will be a 'home owner' in a few months time once I finalise my deal in Italy. So at least I can say that.

Zone 6 :shrug:

And the thing about buying a tiny little ****ty house is that it's your tiny little ****ty house, and you can make it a tiny little lovely house or, to put it another way, your home.

Pat Vegas
07-26-2016, 03:12 PM
Zone 6 :shrug:

And the thing about buying a tiny little ****ty house is that it's your tiny little ****ty house, and you can make it a tiny little lovely house or, to put it another way, your home.

:-( I am not sure I can afford a tiny little ****ty house.

I had a very nice late drive last night on a separate note :cloud9: I love motorways in the early hours.
Or flying through Epping Forrest.

Burney
07-26-2016, 03:13 PM

You might want to get a bit less precious about living in London. Your money goes a lot further the other side of the M25.

IUFG
07-26-2016, 03:15 PM
indeed it does.

You also get the added bonus of hindsight that much of London is pretty much, a **** hole.

Pat Vegas
07-26-2016, 03:16 PM
You might want to get a bit less precious about living in London. Your money goes a lot further the other side of the M25.

I wouldn't mind but hope I can find a job within a suitable distance. I actually quite dislike London it's full of horrible people.

But I don't want to have to do excessive £400 a month train journey's either. I will find a solution.

Burney
07-26-2016, 03:27 PM
I wouldn't mind but hope I can find a job within a suitable distance. I actually quite dislike London it's full of horrible people.

But I don't want to have to do excessive £400 a month train journey's either. I will find a solution.

I strongly recommend abandoning London.

Pat Vegas
07-26-2016, 03:27 PM
I strongly recommend abandoning London.

This thread has cheered me up already.
So many bloody retirement places on these estate agent websites.

Sir C
07-26-2016, 03:32 PM
This thread has cheered me up already.
So many bloody retirement places on these estate agent websites.

London is perfect if it's an hour away by train. Visit whenever you like, enjoy all the good things about it, get the **** out.

Pat Vegas
07-26-2016, 04:04 PM
I've been looking in different areas.

I can't afford any of them, :-(

I am going to go the otherway now. just become a mess and live off benefits and I can be on Channel 4/5 shows about it.

Sir C
07-26-2016, 04:06 PM
I've been looking in different areas.

I can't afford any of them, :-(

I am going to go the otherway now. just become a mess and live off benefits and I can be on Channel 4/5 shows about it.

£1,200 a month must pay a decent mortgage at current interest rates, no?

Pat Vegas
07-26-2016, 04:07 PM
£1,200 a month must pay a decent mortgage at current interest rates, no?

The monthly payment seems ok.

But the initial part is the problem. Natwest would only give us 198k (I say only)

barrybueno
07-26-2016, 07:11 PM
Word, overrated, overpriced ****hole.