PDA

View Full Version : I'm driving to the south of France on Friday :-(

Sir C
07-26-2016, 02:01 PM
If I ever actually get across the channel and then make it through the rampaging mobs in Calais, I'm likely to get fruitknifed :-(

I should have booked somewhere nice and quiet, like Kabul.

Pat Vegas
07-26-2016, 02:04 PM
If I ever actually get across the channel and then make it through the rampaging mobs in Calais, I'm likely to get fruitknifed :-(

I was thinking what I would do if some incident kicked off like this. What if you trick him by joining his side. Start screaming like a mental and say we are all Allans at the end of the day :hug:

when he then passes you spare weapon you double cross him.

7sisters
07-26-2016, 02:06 PM

Good luck with that.. I've opted for a short hop to a quiet bay in Ibiza. :-D

redgunamo
07-26-2016, 02:13 PM
elbow room up there at the weekend, I'd imagine.

West Texas on Monday for us, then up to Chicago, I hope. The house is jumping with small children at the moment so best to get out from under. School hols :-|

Sir C
07-26-2016, 02:49 PM
elbow room up there at the weekend, I'd imagine.

West Texas on Monday for us, then up to Chicago, I hope. The house is jumping with small children at the moment so best to get out from under. School hols :-|

Won't Texas be a little on the furnace side of warm?

Burney
07-26-2016, 02:50 PM
I take it you're chunneling it?

Sir C
07-26-2016, 02:55 PM
I take it you're chunneling it?

Sure. Still concerned about delays on Friday; could be the first weekend getaway day.

Burney
07-26-2016, 02:59 PM
Sure. Still concerned about delays on Friday; could be the first weekend getaway day.

Yes. Bummer, really. :-(

Sir C
07-26-2016, 03:05 PM
Yes. Bummer, really. :-(

Going to leave here at 4 pm and overnight at Arras.

If ISIS cause me to reach Arras too late to get un omelette tres, tres baveuse, au fromage et jambon, avec des frites, du mescal et une bouteille du vin rouge, they will rue the ****ing day.

Sir C
07-26-2016, 03:06 PM
I was thinking what I would do if some incident kicked off like this. What if you trick him by joining his side. Start screaming like a mental and say we are all Allans at the end of the day :hug:

when he then passes you spare weapon you double cross him.

You have to recite verses from the Koran, f.

Do you know any verses from the Koran?

Pat Vegas
07-26-2016, 03:08 PM
You have to recite verses from the Koran, f.

Do you know any verses from the Koran?

I wouldn't need that Sir C, It has nothing to do with Islam. Better off reading out something from the Yellow Pages.

Burney
07-26-2016, 03:11 PM

If ISIS cause me to reach Arras too late to get un omelette tres, tres baveuse, au fromage et jambon, avec des frites, du mescal et une bouteille du vin rouge, they will rue the ****ing day.

I love Arras. Have you ever been down the tunnels?

Sir C
07-26-2016, 03:14 PM
I love Arras. Have you ever been down the tunnels?

No; I meant to the last time we stopped there on the way, but we spent too much time at Vimy Ridge and had to high-tail it out. I won't get a chance this time, either. I want to be on the road by 5 on Sunday morning.

Burney
07-26-2016, 03:25 PM
No; I meant to the last time we stopped there on the way, but we spent too much time at Vimy Ridge and had to high-tail it out. I won't get a chance this time, either. I want to be on the road by 5 on Sunday morning.

The proprietor of a hotel I stayed in once got drunk with me and invited me to explore his tunnel. I took him up on the offer.

5 seems a bit toppish, I have to say, but I suppose if you're wanting to get down to Uzes in time for tea, you'll need to.

Sir C
07-26-2016, 03:30 PM
The proprietor of a hotel I stayed in once got drunk with me and invited me to explore his tunnel. I took him up on the offer.

5 seems a bit toppish, I have to say, but I suppose if you're wanting to get down to Uzes in time for tea, you'll need to.

It's the first weekend in August pour les grenouilles, so I'm expecting the worst of l'autoroute du Soleil.

About 800 km. I reckon if we can get 600km done by lunchtime, we have all afternoon to do battle with the car park known affectionately as 'the motorway through Lyon'.

Burney
07-26-2016, 03:37 PM
It's the first weekend in August pour les grenouilles, so I'm expecting the worst of l'autoroute du Soleil.

About 800 km. I reckon if we can get 600km done by lunchtime, we have all afternoon to do battle with the car park known affectionately as 'the motorway through Lyon'.

Yes, of course. Well bonne chance and all that. You there for two weeks?

Sir C
07-26-2016, 03:39 PM
Yes, of course. Well bonne chance and all that. You there for two weeks?

Just over; our niece M is getting married in Bordeaux on 12th August so we have that pleasure to look forward to as well.

Burney
07-26-2016, 03:53 PM
Just over; our niece M is getting married in Bordeaux on 12th August so we have that pleasure to look forward to as well.

Oh, lovely. Just make sure you're packing heat wherever you go, look out for chaps with beards and you'll be fine.

Ash
07-26-2016, 04:17 PM

You're slogging up to Arras with rifle and pack?