PDA

View Full Version : To be fair, only two of the three violent murderous attempts in Germany in recent

Monty92
07-25-2016, 03:12 PM
days have been officially confirmed as Islamist related.

The German-Iranian kid who shot up a McDonalds because he'd been bullied should give us all comfort and reassurance that Muslims can kill for all kinds of reasons - and not just because an ancient holy book told them to.

Edit: 3 of the 4....

Burney
07-25-2016, 03:14 PM
days have been officially confirmed as Islamist related.

The Iranian kid who shot up a McDonalds because he'd been bullied should give us all comfort and reassurance that Muslims can kill for all kinds of reasons - and not just because an ancient holy book told them to.

Although there is that muslim lady who heard him saying Allan Hugh Akhbar in McDonald's whilst reloading. :rubchin:

But no. I still think he's more likely to be of the normal nutjob type than the Islamist nutjob type. Not least because of the Iranian/Shi'ite thing, which would make him an unlikely ISISist.

Sir C
07-25-2016, 03:17 PM
Although there is that muslim lady who heard him saying Allan Hugh Akhbar in McDonald's whilst reloading. :rubchin:

But no. I still think he's more likely to be of the normal nutjob type than the Islamist nutjob type. Not least because of the Iranian/Shi'ite thing, which would make him an unlikely ISISist.

To be fair, I'm not convinced that the Muslim enthusiasm for murder and mayhem is limited to ISIS types, b.

They all, as the Prophet (pbuh) had it, pass their waters unto Allah's vessel.

Monty92
07-25-2016, 03:18 PM

On a related note, has anyone pointed out that Awimb's resident hand-wringing apologist for terrorism disappeared from the board just before a spate of attacks across Europe? :rubchin:

Burney
07-25-2016, 03:20 PM
To be fair, I'm not convinced that the Muslim enthusiasm for murder and mayhem is limited to ISIS types, b.

They all, as the Prophet (pbuh) had it, pass their waters unto Allah's vessel.

I will concede that this chap was just a bit mental, but also that the increasingly febrile atmosphere created by recent terror attacks may have acted as a trigger for his actions.

In other words, it's six of one and half a dozen of the other for me, Clive.

Monty92
07-25-2016, 03:21 PM

The point is that even if the McDonalds chap turned out to be a Christian white-supremacist, it would make precisely no difference to anything any of us have been saying for a long time about Islam.

And yet the usual suspects pounced on his apparent lack of Islamist motivations as some kind of proof that the picture we paint is wrong.

Burney
07-25-2016, 03:22 PM
On a related note, has anyone pointed out that Awimb's resident hand-wringing apologist for terrorism disappeared from the board just before a spate of attacks across Europe? :rubchin:

:hehe: I may have had some issues with j, but even I would draw the line at accusing him of masterminding a continent-wide Islamist terror campaign, m.

Sir C
07-25-2016, 03:24 PM
:hehe: I may have had some issues with j, but even I would draw the line at accusing him of masterminding a continent-wide Islamist terror campaign, m.

I kind of miss being reminded that it's all my fault, tbh.

I'll have a wee peek at the Guardian.

Monty92
07-25-2016, 03:25 PM

Me too, of course.

But at the very least, it's a pretty handy moment for him to be off the board. What could he possibly say in light of these incidents? How could he possibly still play the "it's the West's fault and nothing to do with Islam" card with a straight face?

Burney
07-25-2016, 03:26 PM
The point is that even if the McDonalds chap turned out to be a Christian white-supremacist, it would make precisely no difference to anything any of us have been saying for a long time about Islam.

And yet the usual suspects pounced on his apparent lack of Islamist motivations as some kind of proof that the picture we paint is wrong.

Oh, of course. But there's none so blind as those that will not see. For such people, the existence of violence perpetrated by non-muslims is somehow a reason not to make a fuss about violent attacks by muslims. It's weird, but there you are.

Sir C
07-25-2016, 03:26 PM
Me too, of course.

But at the very least, it's a pretty handy moment for him to be off the board. What could he possibly say in light of these incidents? How could he possibly still play the "it's the West's fault and nothing to do with Islam" card with a straight face?

:shrug: Nothing simpler, m.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/commentisfree

Burney
07-25-2016, 03:27 PM
Me too, of course.

Of course he would. :shrug: For many, it's an article of faith that, whatever is done by others to the West, it is the West's fault and we basically deserve it.

Burney
07-25-2016, 03:30 PM
:shrug: Nothing simpler, m.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/commentisfree

I did love the fact that the two articles they put up are desperate to ignore or dismiss any connection with immigration or Islam.
In fact, the second one didn't even contain the words 'immigration', 'immigrant', 'muslim', 'Islam', 'terrorist' or 'terrorism'.

Quite the achievement, I thought. :hehe:

Sir C
07-25-2016, 03:31 PM
I did love the fact that the two articles they put up are desperate to ignore or dismiss any connection with immigration or Islam.
In fact, the second one didn't even contain the words 'immigration', 'immigrant', 'muslim', 'Islam', 'terrorist' or 'terrorism'.

Quite the achievement, I thought. :hehe:

It's becoming, amusingly, more and more heated btl, as readers' rejection of this policy reaches hysterical levels :hehe:

Monty92
07-25-2016, 03:36 PM
It's becoming, amusingly, more and more heated btl, as readers' rejection of this policy reaches hysterical levels :hehe:

Did you see the BBC's headline on yesterday's music festival bombing? It said a Syrian migrant had been killed in an bomb attack but gave no indication he had been the perpetrator (even though that fact had already been confirmed).

Burney
07-25-2016, 03:37 PM

Oh, I know. Don't you worry.

Mind you, it's a pleasant change from that quite extraordinary article from some Dutch Euro-loon imploring the EU to 'punish' Britain in Brexit negotiations. Judging by a lot of the comments, his vindictive nastiness managed to convince quite a few Remainers that leaving hadn't been such a bad idea after all. :hehe:

Sir C
07-25-2016, 03:37 PM
Did you see the BBC's headline on yesterday's music festival bombing? It said a Syrian migrant had been killed in an bomb attack but gave no indication he had been the perpetrator (even though that fact had already been confirmed).

Yes, there's a clear editorial policy to avoid, well, the truth, I suppose.

Sir C
07-25-2016, 03:38 PM
Oh, I know. Don't you worry.

Mind you, it's a pleasant change from that quite extraordinary article from some Dutch Euro-loon imploring the EU to 'punish' Britain in Brexit negotiations. Judging by a lot of the comments, his vindictive nastiness managed to convince quite a few Remainers that leaving hadn't been such a bad idea after all. :hehe:

I have no idea who he is, but he's a proper mental. He's probably ****ting himself about what's going to happen in the Netherlands with ol' Geert, who is far too popular for comfort.

Burney
07-25-2016, 03:41 PM
Yes, there's a clear editorial policy to avoid, well, the truth, I suppose.

Yes and meanwhile, they're publishing this:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/25/prevent-strategy-muslims-children-school

No comments though, strangely enough :hehe:

Burney
07-25-2016, 03:43 PM
I have no idea who he is, but he's a proper mental. He's probably ****ting himself about what's going to happen in the Netherlands with ol' Geert, who is far too popular for comfort.

Geert is an odd-looking fellow, I have to say. I know we've got Boris, but even so.

Sir C
07-25-2016, 03:45 PM
Geert is an odd-looking fellow, I have to say. I know we've got Boris, but even so.

A fine head of hair on him, that's for sure.

Ash
07-25-2016, 03:58 PM
I kind of miss being reminded that it's all my fault, tbh.

I'll have a wee peek at the Guardian.

Well, France shouldn't have invaded Iraq!

Oh.

Monty92
07-25-2016, 04:05 PM
Well, France shouldn't have invaded Iraq!

Oh.

France banned the burqa - the kind of despicable Islamophobic act that has helped cultivate a breeding ground for discontentment and alienation among French muslims.

Asking for it, imo.

Sir C
07-25-2016, 04:08 PM
France banned the burqa - the kind of despicable Islamophobic act that has helped cultivate a breeding ground for discontentment and alienation among French muslims.

Asking for it, imo.

Plus, they did a war in Algeria. It was 60 years ago, mind you, but, you know. Imperialistik pigdogs, and all that.

Burney
07-25-2016, 04:09 PM
Plus, they did a war in Algeria. It was 60 years ago, mind you, but, you know. Imperialistik pigdogs, and all that.

And Sykes-Picot, of course. ISIS are obsessed with Sykes-Picot - even if that was nearly a century ago.