PDA

View Full Version : Ash - you following the cricket? Cook dropped a sitter at first slip off Stokes just

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
07-25-2016, 12:50 PM
before lunch. I hope this doesn't cost us.

Maybe pray for cloud cover, and for Woakes to continue his amazing run. Though we'll probably just drop the first chance he makes.

Ash
07-25-2016, 12:52 PM

Maybe pray for cloud cover, and for Woakes to continue his amazing run. Though we'll probably just drop the first chance he makes.

You might be feeling a tad over pessemistic, there. There are fives sessions to take eight wickets, and it never rains in Manchester.

Oh.

Pokster
07-25-2016, 12:52 PM

All over by lunch tomorrow

Burney
07-25-2016, 12:55 PM
All over by lunch tomorrow

Pakistan will do bloody well to take it to tomorrow imo.

07-25-2016, 01:12 PM
I hope you didn't just jinx Stokes's injury, B.

He went off straight away, mid over.

So we now just have 3 seamers and a spinner who turns it about as much as I did as a kid.

Ash
07-25-2016, 01:19 PM
I hope you didn't just jinx Stokes's injury, B.

He went off straight away, mid over.

So we now just have 3 seamers and a spinner who turns it about as much as I did as a kid.

Wel, I jinxed Cook in the first innings so it's only fair that our bowling attack gets jinxed in the second.

We're doomed. Doomed, I tell thee.

07-25-2016, 01:23 PM
a spinner who turns it about as much as I did as a kid.

I'm claiming that Moeen Ali wicket.

No need to thanks me.

Burney
07-25-2016, 01:24 PM
I'm claiming that Moeen Ali wicket.

No need to thanks me.

The one that turned square, you mean? :hehe:

07-25-2016, 01:37 PM
The one that turned square, you mean? :hehe:

Well, the commentator did say he put a lot of revs on the ball.

Admittedly it didn't seem to do anything. But he put more revs on the ball that I did as a kid, so I'm still claiming it.

We're gonna be ****ed in India this time, aren't we?

Last time, their rank turners played straight into the hands of Swann and Monty.

First time I can ever remember an England captain giving the new ball to a spinner as he did with Monty in the 2nd innings of the third test. We only had 4 overs of Anderson. No other quick. Rest of the bowling done by our spinners.

But this time we have Ali. And Rashid who hasn't been given a chance this summer and was sit in the UAE.

And Ashwin and Jadega average about 15 at home. Look what they did to the Saffers.

We're doomed, I tell ya. Doomed.

Burney
07-25-2016, 01:46 PM
Well, the commentator did say he put a lot of revs on the ball.

Admittedly it didn't seem to do anything. But he put more revs on the ball that I did as a kid, so I'm still claiming it.

We're gonna be ****ed in India this time, aren't we?

Last time, their rank turners played straight into the hands of Swann and Monty.

First time I can ever remember an England captain giving the new ball to a spinner as he did with Monty in the 2nd innings of the third test. We only had 4 overs of Anderson. No other quick. Rest of the bowling done by our spinners.

But this time we have Ali. And Rashid who hasn't been given a chance this summer and was sit in the UAE.

And Ashwin and Jadega average about 15 at home. Look what they did to the Saffers.

We're doomed, I tell ya. Doomed.

Yes, but it's only recently we've gone to India with any expectation of winning. And there is the fact that India's batsmen have all completely forgotten how to bat in test matches, of course.

07-25-2016, 02:10 PM
Yes, but it's only recently we've gone to India with any expectation of winning. And there is the fact that India's batsmen have all completely forgotten how to bat in test matches, of course.

Those Indian batsmen that have just scored 566-8? With a double ton for the Arrogant God of Sim Card Sales, a ton for Ashwin, and 83 for Dhawan?

I know we never expected to win in the past, but I quite liked us winning last time. {Esp. with my love of and travels to the country and the mates I have there.}

In fact, until they buggered the pitch for the 4th test (and gave Cook two howlers, when he'd scored a ton in the first three tests, meaning he'd got a ton in every match as captain until then} it was one of my fave ever series of cricket.

1st test Pujara 200 and 40 both not out. We get hammered after 1st innings collapse, but Cook shows in the 2nd innings that you can play on these pitches and gets a big ton.

2nd test. We bring in Monty. Pujara gets out for the first time in the series after another ton. Cook ton and KP special for us. Swann and Monty get most of the wickets.

3rd test. Add Finn to the line up in place of Broad, meaning that we have the best attack I'd ever seen England have in India. Another Cook ton and we'd gone from 1-0 down to 2-1 up {as the old fanzine used to be called.}

I loved every minute of it.

Even when they buggered the pitch for the 4th at Nagpur, we still had Root's debut 73, Kohli and MSD saving their reply, but with MSD run out on 99 and then Bell and Trott tons in the 2nd innings batting us to a series victory.

One of my fave ever.

But I fear rank turners. Ashwin and Jadega making mincemeat of our donkeys who showed in the UAE they can't bat against spin. Imagine Vince and Ballance ffs. And we'll have to drop one of our all rounders for Rashidm while I like having Stokes and Woakes in the team.

I'd drop Vince for Rashid atm and got with just 4 batsmen and 6 bowlers, hoping Bairstow, the two all-rounder quicks, and the two spinners whocan both bat a bit {averaging over 35 in FC cricket each} can make up the short fall.

I mean, Vince just slogs a couple of fours and gets out anyway. Rashid can't do much worse. I'd rather have Woakes or Stokes as a pure batsman than Vince tbf.