PDA

View Full Version : I actually think hospital maternity wards are more depressing than palliative care

Monty92
07-21-2016, 03:18 PM
wards.

At least dying people tend to go about their business with a quiet dignity.

Sir C
07-21-2016, 03:19 PM
wards.

Have you got your anus out, m?

Burney
07-21-2016, 03:22 PM
wards.

Well yes. I think it's a shame that women have been encouraged to make such a bloody fuss about the whole childbirth thing. I'll concede it probably stings a bit, but that's no excuse for them raising their voice or using language imo.

Monty92
07-21-2016, 03:33 PM
Well yes. I think it's a shame that women have been encouraged to make such a bloody fuss about the whole childbirth thing. I'll concede it probably stings a bit, but that's no excuse for them raising their voice or using language imo.

Actually I meant the recovery ward, not the labour ward. Bed after bed of screaming newborns and lactating mothers.

There's even a police presence for prisoners let out to have a sprog :-(

Burney
07-21-2016, 03:37 PM
Actually I meant the recovery ward, not the labour ward. Bed after bed of screaming newborns and lactating mothers.

Oh, well lactation - as I've made clear many times - is simply beyond the pale. Quite disgusting.

I take it the package was delivered successfully and is to your satisfaction?

7sisters
07-21-2016, 03:42 PM

I remember being in the waiting room of the outpatients at Kings, sitting opposite an old lag with a rozzer in attendance. There were two passageways in and out of the waiting room and when called, the prisoner stood up and made for one of the doors to see the consultant. After a minute or two, it occurred to the copper that his man had a couple of exit options at his disposal and a panic spread across his face. He then set off, rushing about the unit and calling out the old lags name.
His efforts were in vain, much to the amusement of the onlooking patients.
Lags 1 v Plod 0 :hehe: