PDA

View Full Version : This Brexit thing. We're absolutely winging it, right ?

7sisters
07-21-2016, 02:04 PM
No one really has the first clue how to get it rolling.
It's like telling the Mrs you want a divorce and then not being able to afford to move out. :hehe:

Pokster
07-21-2016, 02:06 PM
It's like telling the Mrs you want a divorce and then not being able to afford to move out. :hehe:

Well seeing as the people in power didn't want it then I would guess not too much planning went into it... and what is the rush, better to try to get it right than just rush in from day 1

Sir C
07-21-2016, 02:07 PM

I guess the status quo suits 'the establishment', so they'll fudge it and fudge it until it goes away :shrug:

Predictable, really.

7sisters
07-21-2016, 02:14 PM
I guess the status quo suits 'the establishment', so they'll fudge it and fudge it until it goes away :shrug:

Predictable, really.

The risk is that we're in danger of losing a fair bit of cred in finance circles by doing nothing. On the other hand, the long game may be to wait for France and Germany to descend into civil disorder, prompted by more murderous acts and carnage by the Alan's.
Their respective right wing fringes are gaining momentum and Merkel's going to be far too busy next year saving her own arse than to spend time worrying about those tiresome inselaffen.
Waiting game probably wins the day, as long as we don't haemorrhage too much commerce.

Burney
07-21-2016, 02:20 PM

Hardly surprising, really, since it's totally unprecedented :shrug:

Ash
07-21-2016, 02:28 PM
Well seeing as the people in power didn't want it then I would guess not too much planning went into it... and what is the rush, better to try to get it right than just rush in from day 1

Not sure why May is seeking council with The Sturge, who would clearly do anything to scupper the vote. There's may be a case for getting all prepped up before pressing the button, but OTOH it does look dithery, and as if they're trying to weasel out of it. We could do with being out before the Italian banks collapse though.