PDA

View Full Version : Ice creamWIMB - In Sicily, I rediscovered the joy of the Brioche con gelato.

Burney
07-20-2016, 01:39 PM
Ice cream in a sweet brioche bun - simple and delicious. Why on earth is this not a more widespread thing? It's wonderful and pisses all over cones.

Sir C
07-20-2016, 01:41 PM
Ice cream in a sweet brioche bun - simple and delicious. Why on earth is this not a more widespread thing? It's wonderful and pisses all over cones.

Ice cream? Brioche? Cones? Are you 7 years old?

Burney
07-20-2016, 01:46 PM
Ice cream? Brioche? Cones? Are you 7 years old?

It's ****ing hot out there, man. An ice cream taken in the shade is just the thing to cool and reinvigorate a fellow. I barely touch ice cream normally, but in that context it makes perfect sense.

Sir C
07-20-2016, 01:51 PM
It's ****ing hot out there, man. An ice cream taken in the shade is just the thing to cool and reinvigorate a fellow. I barely touch ice cream normally, but in that context it makes perfect sense.

:hehe: Drink beer you puff.

Burney
07-20-2016, 01:52 PM
:hehe: Drink beer you puff.

Beer does not cool and refresh anything like as effectively. Obviously, once one has had an ice cream, then you have a beer.

This weather has done strange things to me. I've taken to putting my red wine in the fridge.

Monty92
07-20-2016, 01:54 PM

This is virtually the same post I made after returning from Sicily about two years ago

Burney
07-20-2016, 02:01 PM
This is virtually the same post I made after returning from Sicily about two years ago

It would have been the same post I'd have made after first visiting Sicily 30 years ago if the internet had been invented. So ner.

I went to Cefalu again. It's a bit smarter than last time I went there, but that's no bad thing. Palermo is a third-world ****hole that's best avoided, however.