PDA

View Full Version : People eating at their desks with headphones on can be unaware of the noise

Ash
07-20-2016, 12:50 PM
they are making with their chomping. Not nice. :-(

Also, there is an apparent majority who refuse to have the aircon on during this ****ing heatwave and I fear I am about to go a little bit postal. :-(

Sir C
07-20-2016, 12:52 PM

Also, there is an apparent majority who refuse to have the aircon on during this ****ing heatwave and I fear I am about to go a little bit postal. :-(

I had to turn the aircon off this morning, it was postively arctic in here. It's only just getting back up to a manageable temperature now :-( I've been sitting here in shorts, shivering.

PSRB
07-20-2016, 01:00 PM
I had to turn the aircon off this morning, it was postively arctic in here. It's only just getting back up to a manageable temperature now :-( I've been sitting here in shorts, shivering.

Aircon, what I'd give for aircon!! How can a leading media agency have an office with no sodding aircon!!??

Sir C
07-20-2016, 01:02 PM
Aircon, what I'd give for aircon!! How can a leading media agency have an office with no sodding aircon!!??

:hehe: Aircon in Manchester? Is it really worth it for 48 minutes a year?

Rich
07-20-2016, 01:03 PM

:-( Wearing shorts to work. I forgot to take my jacket off when I popped out to get something to eat earlier. I have a rather sweaty back now.

Pokster
07-20-2016, 01:05 PM
:-( Wearing shorts to work. I forgot to take my jacket off when I popped out to get something to eat earlier. I have a rather sweaty back now.

Why have you got a jacket if you are wearing shorts?

Sir C
07-20-2016, 01:05 PM

We have quite a strict dress code, actually.

Any member of my staff who wants to tell me I shouldn't be wearing shorts is welcome to do so. I won't fire them. Not until 5 p.m. on Christmas Eve, anyway.

Burney
07-20-2016, 01:08 PM

I control the aircon zapper and anyone who complains about it being cold is met with the response that it's 30 ****ing degrees outside.

I used to work with a deaf designer. The ****ing noises he used to make when he ate. It was revolting. :puke: He also used to smell and deafness is no excuse for that.

Burney
07-20-2016, 01:09 PM
We have quite a strict dress code, actually.

Any member of my staff who wants to tell me I shouldn't be wearing shorts is welcome to do so. I won't fire them. Not until 5 p.m. on Christmas Eve, anyway.

You've got your legs out? In front of other humans? :-(

Pokster
07-20-2016, 01:09 PM
I control the aircon zapper and anyone who complains about it being cold is met with the response that it's 30 ****ing degrees outside.

I used to work with a deaf designer. The ****ing noises he used to make when he ate. It was revolting. :puke: He also used to smell and deafness is no excuse for that.

We had a couple of women asking for the heating to go on in here last week.... complained the air con made the room smell yesterday!

Sir C
07-20-2016, 01:13 PM
You've got your legs out? In front of other humans? :-(

What is wrong with my legs, pray?

Furthermore, they most certainly are not other humans. They are staff.

Burney
07-20-2016, 01:14 PM
What is wrong with my legs, pray?

Furthermore, they most certainly are not other humans. They are staff.

They're a bit knobbly and scarred.

Sir C
07-20-2016, 01:16 PM

Battle scars, b. Badges of honour. The marks of a man.

Pokster
07-20-2016, 01:20 PM

Staff or Sir C's legs?

Rich
07-20-2016, 01:22 PM
Why have you got a jacket if you are wearing shorts?

I would never dream of wearing shorts to work.

Burney
07-20-2016, 01:23 PM
I would never dream of wearing shorts to work.

It disturbs me to say this, but I agree with you, r. Lots of people here have turned up with their legs out. I think it's disgusting.

Ash
07-20-2016, 01:30 PM
It disturbs me to say this, but I agree with you, r. Lots of people here have turned up with their legs out. I think it's disgusting.

People or men? If are disgusted by women's legs you might need a new religion. I can recommend one with Views on bared flesh, if you like.

Burney
07-20-2016, 01:31 PM
People or men? If are disgusted by women's legs you might need a new religion. I can recommend one with Views on bared flesh, if you like.

Oh, men, obvs. Although there are plenty of women who could do with covering them up on aesthetic grounds as well.