PDA

View Full Version : There is simply so much about modern life I don't understand.

Sir C
07-20-2016, 10:43 AM
A 'flash mob' style gathering (?) had a water fight, chanted 'Black Lives Matter' and then stabbed a policeman and looted a McDonalds.

This was in London, by the way, not some ridiculous lala land like 'Merika.

If there was but one piece of the story I could grasp, I could use that as a frame upon which to hang the other elements, and thereby arrive at some understanding; unortunately, the whole thing smacks of insanity, so I'm lost.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-20-2016, 10:44 AM
I think bringing back the death penalty would be very helpful.

Ash
07-20-2016, 10:46 AM
A 'flash mob' style gathering (?) had a water fight, chanted 'Black Lives Matter' and then stabbed a policeman and looted a McDonalds.

If there was but one piece of the story I could grasp, I could use that as a frame upon which to hang the other elements, and thereby arrive at some understanding; unortunately, the whole thing smacks of insanity, so I'm lost.

Hot weather sometimes brings out the worst in people.

Burney
07-20-2016, 10:46 AM

It probably had something to do with Pokemon Go. Most things do at the moment, it seems.

This made me laugh.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/07/20/pokemon-go-players-in-bosnia-face-landmine-danger/

Ash
07-20-2016, 10:47 AM
I think bringing back the death penalty would be very helpful.

Erdogan likes this. Possibly for the 21,000 teachers he has just sacked for not supporting him.

Sir C
07-20-2016, 10:48 AM
It probably had something to do with Pokemon Go. Most things do at the moment, it seems.

This made me laugh.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/07/20/pokemon-go-players-in-bosnia-face-landmine-danger/

We can only hope...

Mo Britain less Europe
07-20-2016, 10:50 AM
Erdogan likes this. Possibly for the 21,000 teachers he has just sacked for not supporting him.

Black Lives Matter. Yours doesn't.

Sir C
07-20-2016, 10:52 AM

Still and all. Stabbing coppers and stealing cheeseburgers. Beyond the pale, I'm afraid.

Burney
07-20-2016, 10:53 AM

Yes. He's really working hard to reassure the international community that he's not about to plunge one of the few muslim democracies into a dark age of religious repression, isn't he?

Pat Vegas
07-20-2016, 10:54 AM

Poor lady collapsed like a sack when I got off the train last night. It was weird like slow motion.

However I was actually quite happy to see the reaction of other Londoners to help her. The old if you were dying in the street in London nobody would help myth is not true.

Burney
07-20-2016, 10:54 AM
Still and all. Stabbing coppers and stealing cheeseburgers. Beyond the pale, I'm afraid.

Hamburglar does not like this. :-(

Mo Britain less Europe
07-20-2016, 10:55 AM
Yes. He's really working hard to reassure the international community that he's not about to plunge one of the few muslim democracies into a dark age of religious repression, isn't he?

He has stymied the federalists plan to bring Turkey into the fold quickly. When they need an Ataturk they end up with a secular Ayatollah.

Burney
07-20-2016, 10:56 AM
Poor lady collapsed like a sack when I got off the train last night. It was weird like slow motion.

However I was actually quite happy to see the reaction of other Londoners to help her. The old if you were dying in the street in London nobody would help myth is not true.

Sleep is a bit of a **** at the moment. I went to bed with a fan on my bedside table blowing air over a block of ice I'd created (in addition to my ceiling fan). It was OK getting to sleep, but I woke up at 4 and the ice had melted and it was like breathing hot soup. :-(

Burney
07-20-2016, 10:57 AM
He has stymied the federalists plan to bring Turkey into the fold quickly. When they need an Ataturk they end up with a secular Ayatollah.

Yes. Merkel's dodgy refugee deal is looking a bit iffy as well, isn't it? :hehe: