PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon Awimb. Can you provide 5 reasons why one should remain living here?

Pat Vegas
07-19-2016, 02:00 PM
:-)

I am trying to take sensible suggestions before committing to my decision.

Ash
07-19-2016, 02:10 PM

1. The Arsenal.
2. The UndergrounD.
3. Pints of Camden Hells or Doom Bar.
4. Fish and Chips.
5. Denmark Street.

Monty92
07-19-2016, 02:10 PM

Literally the only thing stopping us moving abroad is my parents. They are both single and so much of their lives now revolve around seeing their (3, soon to be 4) grandchildren, I would feel terrible about taking them away.

Also, they are both 70ish and are gonna star getting ailments that might kill them. And I kinda feel I need to stick around till they're dead after all they've done for me. The only problem is, that might be 20 years away :-(

Pat Vegas
07-19-2016, 02:12 PM
1. The Arsenal.
2. The UndergrounD.
4. Fish and Chips.
5. Denmark Street.

Not much of Denmark Street left these days Ash :-(
I appreciate the Capital U and D on underground :-) though it is slowly losing a bit of it's charm with the newer trains.

Burney
07-19-2016, 02:13 PM
1. The Arsenal.
2. The UndergrounD.
4. Fish and Chips.
5. Denmark Street.

Ale is a major factor. If you have to spend too much time in foreign parts you start to lose all interest in beer because it's characterless, flavourless ****e that's not fit for consumption.

Pat Vegas
07-19-2016, 02:13 PM
Literally the only thing stopping us moving abroad is my parents. They are both single and so much of their lives now revolve around seeing their (3, soon to be 4) grandchildren, I would feel terrible about taking them away.

Also, they are both 70ish and are gonna star getting ailments that might kill them. And I kinda feel I need to stick around till they're dead after all they've done for me. The only problem is, that might be 20 years away :-(

Where would you consider to move to Monty?
I know the family thing they well and truly played the guilt trip card when I suggested the possibility last time.
I then pointed out it was a bit hypocritical as my parents did the same exact thing.

Ash
07-19-2016, 02:17 PM
Ale is a major factor. If you have to spend too much time in foreign parts you start to lose all interest in beer because it's characterless, flavourless ****e that's not fit for consumption.

Not sure that our friend Mr Anaconda, were he not presumably on holiday, would agree with this.

Burney
07-19-2016, 02:18 PM
Not sure that our friend Mr Anaconda, were he not presumably on holiday, would agree with this.

He'd drink turps if he had to, though, a. Hardly in a position to judge.

Monty92
07-19-2016, 02:18 PM
Where would you consider to move to Monty?
I know the family thing they well and truly played the guilt trip card when I suggested the possibility last time.
I then pointed out it was a bit hypocritical as my parents did the same exact thing.

Probably Europe. Barcelona the strongest candidate, unless we went proper rural.

PSRB
07-19-2016, 02:19 PM

London - once you leave it's virtually impossible to move back
Arsenal - Obvious
Beer/Pubs -
Friends & Family

I'm struggling now........

Burney
07-19-2016, 02:19 PM
Probably Europe. Barcelona the strongest candidate, unless we went proper rural.

Yay! And there, of course, they wouldn't laugh at little Anus's name!

Burney
07-19-2016, 02:24 PM
London - once you leave it's virtually impossible to move back
Arsenal - Obvious
Beer/Pubs -
Friends & Family

I'm struggling now........

I actually rather resent having to to go into central London now. It's all dirty and noisy.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-19-2016, 02:26 PM
Yay! And there, of course, they wouldn't laugh at little Anus's name!

In Spanish comedy it's still acceptable to laugh at blacks, the handicapped and mental people.

Burney
07-19-2016, 02:32 PM
In Spanish comedy it's still acceptable to laugh at blacks, the handicapped and mental people.

Hmmm. You're selling it to me, I must admit. :rubchin:

Mo Britain less Europe
07-19-2016, 02:34 PM
Hmmm. You're selling it to me, I must admit. :rubchin:

Jews too I'm afraid. And anyone who doesn't look or sound vaguely Spanish. To ignore people is still referred to as "hacerse el sueco" ie "pretend you're Swedish".

Burney
07-19-2016, 02:36 PM
Jews too I'm afraid. And anyone who doesn't look or sound vaguely Spanish. To ignore people is still referred to as "hacerse el sueco" ie "pretend you're Swedish".

Oh, well we know they're backwards. It's a peasant country, what do you expect?

Mo Britain less Europe
07-19-2016, 02:43 PM
Very little.

PSRB
07-19-2016, 02:47 PM
I actually rather resent having to to go into central London now. It's all dirty and noisy.

When I say London, I'm not including London's "swinging West End", that was a chore when I was a twenty-something

Pat Vegas
07-19-2016, 02:52 PM

I wish there was an easier way when driving to avoid the M25 when heading south.
My friend lives in Surrey and took nearly 2 hours to get there. Whilst I knew there would be traffic. I'd rather sit there trying to drive through London or even worst having to drive through south london.

Ash
07-19-2016, 03:00 PM
I wish there was an easier way when driving to avoid the M25 when heading south.
My friend lives in Surrey and took nearly 2 hours to get there. Whilst I knew there would be traffic. I'd rather sit there trying to drive through London or even worst having to drive through south london.

I prefer to drive through London rather than on the M25. A3 isn't bad for getting to Surrey. You only have to get to Wandsworth then zoooooom. A lot depends on the time of travel, of course. I try to avoid all roads in busy times when possible.

Pat Vegas
07-19-2016, 03:08 PM
I prefer to drive through London rather than on the M25. A3 isn't bad for getting to Surrey. You only have to get to Wandsworth then zoooooom. A lot depends on the time of travel, of course. I try to avoid all roads in busy times when possible.

I live quite near the North Circular so I try to avoid it as much as I can. Then if I head towards central London it's a bloody mess recently.