PDA

View Full Version : God in heaven, look at the state of Axl :cry:

Sir C
07-18-2016, 01:56 PM
Time is a cruel mistress, and no mistake.

https://consequenceofsound.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/screen-shot-2016-06-06-at-9-33-58-am.png?w=807

Pokster
07-18-2016, 02:16 PM

https://consequenceofsound.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/screen-shot-2016-06-06-at-9-33-58-am.png?w=807

He looks like the wheels have come off

Burney
07-18-2016, 02:28 PM

He looks like a very angry Ronnie van Zant

Sir C
07-18-2016, 02:51 PM
He looks like a very angry Ronnie van Zant

Ronnie had style. And a great hat.

http://societyofrock.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Ronnie-black-and-white.jpg

Pat Vegas
07-18-2016, 02:56 PM

He's worked out a bit for the current tour though.

http://www.post-gazette.com/image/2016/07/13/720x_q90_cMC_z_ca38,269,4681,3658/axl-credit-Katarina-Benzova-jpg.jpg

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
07-18-2016, 02:56 PM
Ronnie had style. And a great hat.

http://societyofrock.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Ronnie-black-and-white.jpg

I think he was a little bit racist though. They did that song that basically said "Mind your own own business Neil Young, we'll be as beastly to black folk as we please".

Sir C
07-18-2016, 03:02 PM
I think he was a little bit racist though. They did that song that basically said "Mind your own own business Neil Young, we'll be as beastly to black folk as we please".

:sigh: The whole point of Sweet Home Alabama is to remind Neil that not all southerners were racist.

Neil and Ronnie were actually pretty good friends.

I've just found the Neil Young quote about it: "My own song 'Alabama' richly deserved the shot Lynyrd Skynyrd gave me with their great record. I don't like my words when I listen to it. They are accusatory and condescending, not fully thought out, and too easy to misconstrue"

Burney
07-18-2016, 03:04 PM
:sigh: The whole point of Sweet Home Alabama is to remind Neil that not all southerners were racist.

Neil and Ronnie were actually pretty good friends.

I've just found the Neil Young quote about it: "My own song 'Alabama' richly deserved the shot Lynyrd Skynyrd gave me with their great record. I don't like my words when I listen to it. They are accusatory and condescending, not fully thought out, and too easy to misconstrue"

Also, Neil Young is a miserable Canadian monkey man.

Sir C
07-18-2016, 03:05 PM

Yes, and unlike Ronnie, has doesn't have brothers called Donnie and Johnny.

I know that you big dutch-irish oaf! I was being ironic

Sir C
He's worked out a bit for the current tour though.

http://www.post-gazette.com/image/2016/07/13/720x_q90_cMC_z_ca38,269,4681,3658/axl-credit-Katarina-Benzova-jpg.jpg

He used to strut the stage like a God in his kilt and his boots :-(

07-18-2016, 03:07 PM

And he looks positively neanderthal in profile

Sir C
07-18-2016, 03:08 PM
I know that you big dutch-irish oaf! I was being ironic

My friend and I wore black armbands to school for a week when we found out that their aeroplane had crashed. Admittedly it was 3 years after the event, but still.

07-18-2016, 03:09 PM
He used to strut the stage like a God

Only if Gods be overrated, screamy voiced little junkies

Sir C
07-18-2016, 03:11 PM
Only if Gods be overrated, screamy voiced little junkies

I simply mean that he played the rock star more than competently.

No one dashes about like that any more, do they? That chap from Coldplay just stands there like he's bored, and... I can't think of another modern popular group :-(

Pat Vegas
07-18-2016, 03:12 PM
He used to strut the stage like a God in his kilt and his boots :-(

At least they are keeping up the Rock n Roll lifestyle.
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/jul/18/guns-n-roses-detained-canadian-border-gun-possession

Burney
07-18-2016, 03:13 PM
Yes, and unlike Ronnie, has doesn't have brothers called Donnie and Johnny.

Do they still get his hat out for gigs? Always thought that was a bit weird

Sir C
07-18-2016, 03:15 PM
Do they still get his hat out for gigs? Always thought that was a bit weird

The last time I saw them on TV was when Reginald D Hunter did his musical tour of the south; he went to see them with not a little trepidation, but ended up getting big cuddles from most of the audience. Which in itself was a little odd. But anyway, I didn't notice the hat / mike stand strangeness from that short clip.

Burney
07-18-2016, 03:15 PM
At least they are keeping up the Rock n Roll lifestyle.
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/jul/18/guns-n-roses-detained-canadian-border-gun-possession

Love this quote :hehe:

"You know, it happens: You can forget you have a ****ing gun. Wasn’t my gun.”

To be honest, Axl, I think if I were crossing an international border, I don't think I'd forget I had a gun. :hehe:

Burney
07-18-2016, 03:19 PM
The last time I saw them on TV was when Reginald D Hunter did his musical tour of the south; he went to see them with not a little trepidation, but ended up getting big cuddles from most of the audience. Which in itself was a little odd. But anyway, I didn't notice the hat / mike stand strangeness from that short clip.

I saw that. I remember thinking it was odd that his trepidation about going to a white gig was considered OK, but a white presenter expressing similar qualms about going to a rap concert would be considered a bit racist.

Mind you, I'll admit there's a bit more history to it down in that neck of the woods.

07-18-2016, 03:19 PM

No one dashes about like that any more, do they? That chap from Coldplay just stands there like he's bored, and... I can't think of another modern popular group :-(

Well just be grateful you are not forced to endure the execrable cacophonies that pass for music in the mind of my thirteen year old daughter. Only very occasional does a real "toon" make it into her orbit but most of it? Undiluted faeces

Sir C
07-18-2016, 03:20 PM
Well just be grateful you are not forced to endure the execrable cacophonies that pass for music in the mind of my thirteen year old daughter. Only very occasional does a real "toon" make it into her orbit but most of it? Undiluted faeces

I know, it's bad enough having to listen to your mum's Max Bygraves records while I'm on the job :-(

Burney
07-18-2016, 03:21 PM
I know, it's bad enough having to listen to your mum's Max Bygraves records while I'm on the job :-(

'Magic Moments'? 'You Need Hands'?

Sir C
07-18-2016, 03:23 PM
I saw that. I remember thinking it was odd that his trepidation about going to a white gig was considered OK, but a white presenter expressing similar qualms about going to a rap concert would be considered a bit racist.

Mind you, I'll admit there's a bit more history to it down in that neck of the woods.

I rather like Reg, he's generally quite amusing. I laughed for a long time at his description of seeing a girl he fancied at a party. "Big ol' ass, big ol' titties, big ol' thighs, you know, she looked like she could take a pounding.'

Burney
07-18-2016, 03:23 PM

My daughter came back from Glastonbury talking about how great Coldplay had been. :-\

I mean...what the actual, motherloving ****? :-(

Burney
07-18-2016, 03:24 PM
I rather like Reg, he's generally quite amusing. I laughed for a long time at his description of seeing a girl he fancied at a party. "Big ol' ass, big ol' titties, big ol' thighs, you know, she looked like she could take a pounding.'

Oh, I like him, too. He has such a beautiful voice. :love:

Sir C
07-18-2016, 03:24 PM
My daughter came back from Glastonbury talking about how great Coldplay had been. :-\

Oh I'm sure they're excellent live. They've been doing what they do for a long time and they clearly do it well - they're probably the biggest pop act in the business, aren't they?

It's not my thing, but fair play to them, they've obviously found a formula that works.

Burney
07-18-2016, 03:26 PM
Oh I'm sure they're excellent live. They've been doing what they do for a long time and they clearly do it well - they're probably the biggest pop act in the business, aren't they?

It's not my thing, but fair play to them, they've obviously found a formula that works.

Oh, probably, but it's possibly the most insipid music I've ever heard. Wasn't music supposed to have a bit of sex and danger to it?

Pat Vegas
07-18-2016, 03:27 PM
Love this quote :hehe:

To be honest, Axl, I think if I were crossing an international border, I don't think I'd forget I had a gun. :hehe:

:hehe: The clue is in their band name.

Sir C
07-18-2016, 03:29 PM
Oh, probably, but it's possibly the most insipid music I've ever heard. Wasn't music supposed to have a bit of sex and danger to it?

Certainly it's supposed to. Precious few manage it, though. Especially these days, when audiences are prepared to accept a man shouting into a microphone while another fiddles with a computer or a record player :shrug: I just mean that I'm sure Coldplay put on a good show. Better than Kanye ****ing West, anyway.

Burney
07-18-2016, 03:33 PM
Certainly it's supposed to. Precious few manage it, though. Especially these days, when audiences are prepared to accept a man shouting into a microphone while another fiddles with a computer or a record player :shrug: I just mean that I'm sure Coldplay put on a good show. Better than Kanye ****ing West, anyway.

Yeah, but we've all got to pretend Kanye West and Jay Z weren't a load of old **** 'cos they is black, innit.

Pokster
07-19-2016, 07:18 AM

IF you ever get to see them then you might realise that live, they are actually very good

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
07-19-2016, 07:44 AM
Yeah, but we've all got to pretend Kanye West and Jay Z weren't a load of old **** 'cos they is black, innit.
I can't believe you left Kendrick Lamar out.