PDA

View Full Version : Did you have a nice weekend?

Pat Vegas
07-18-2016, 09:42 AM
10characters

IUFG
07-18-2016, 09:44 AM
it was fine, thank you.

How was yours?

Pat Vegas
07-18-2016, 09:46 AM
Good thanks. I decided to give the cruise control a try.

I don't like it. Apart from that what a wonderful time we live in when it comes to comforts in new cars.
I have my phone connected by bluetooth giving me directions. Whilst simultaiously having my ipad connected and charging playing all my vast vault of music, AC on full and a spare bottle of water chilling in my glove box fridge :cloud9:

apart from the traffic it was quite lovely.

Burney
07-18-2016, 09:49 AM
10characters

Most of it was spent travelling, sadly. I woke up on Saturday in Cefalu, on Sunday in Croydon and this morning in Hertfordshire.

Got my cat back from the cattery, though, which was nice.

Sir C
07-18-2016, 09:54 AM
10characters

I became accidentally very, very drunk on Friday evening, leading to a degree of groaning on Saturday.

However, I did manage a rather splendid Moroccan leg of lamb on the barbie. Most pleasing, it was.

Burney
07-18-2016, 09:56 AM
I became accidentally very, very drunk on Friday evening, leading to a degree of groaning on Saturday.

However, I did manage a rather splendid Moroccan leg of lamb on the barbie. Most pleasing, it was.

I got home and made fish, chips and peas to reacclimatise me and to counteract a week of foreign muck. Did the trick marvellously.

Pat Vegas
07-18-2016, 09:59 AM

Went to see some friends yesterday. Had a rather nice Thai dish.

Pat Vegas
07-18-2016, 10:06 AM

Sir C which Amp(s) do you have?

Sir C
07-18-2016, 10:16 AM
Sir C which Amp(s) do you have?

Standard Marshall transistor job and a Fender Super Champ valve type, which is rather nice.

PSRB
07-18-2016, 10:32 AM

I did the drinking thing yesterday, feel utter rubbish today

Burney
07-18-2016, 10:41 AM
I did the drinking thing yesterday, feel utter rubbish today

Been hammering it all week. Seriously considering knocking it on the head for a bit. :-\

Pat Vegas
07-18-2016, 10:48 AM
Standard Marshall transistor job and a Fender Super Champ valve type, which is rather nice.

Fantastic.
I am currently amp less. I sold my Vox VT40 as I didn't like it and where I live it made it very difficult to use it was far to loud even on a low setting. I have a small Orange amp I had for years but don't use it either.

Once I have my plans finalised for moving I will one day buy a Vox AC30 and perhaps a Marshall. I need somewhere I can actually play. So currently I am playing through my macbook which is convenient but I really want to play through an amp.

I have also downsized my collection. I now only have my new Les Paul and my Kramer 84. I have a cheap telecaster but I stuck that in my parents loft for now. I really want to buy a vintage guitar next. I want something that has been through the wars but not a modern 'relic' job. I've seen some old SG's that would be affordable. But I'll wait to see. I might buy an old Gibson acoustic at some point too.

Sir C
07-18-2016, 11:04 AM
Fantastic.
I am currently amp less. I sold my Vox VT40 as I didn't like it and where I live it made it very difficult to use it was far to loud even on a low setting. I have a small Orange amp I had for years but don't use it either.

Once I have my plans finalised for moving I will one day buy a Vox AC30 and perhaps a Marshall. I need somewhere I can actually play. So currently I am playing through my macbook which is convenient but I really want to play through an amp.

I have also downsized my collection. I now only have my new Les Paul and my Kramer 84. I have a cheap telecaster but I stuck that in my parents loft for now. I really want to buy a vintage guitar next. I want something that has been through the wars but not a modern 'relic' job. I've seen some old SG's that would be affordable. But I'll wait to see. I might buy an old Gibson acoustic at some point too.

Bruce's Fender Esquire. That's a guitar that's seen some action. Or Clapton's Blackie.

They might be a bit expensive though.

Pat Vegas
07-18-2016, 11:10 AM
Bruce's Fender Esquire. That's a guitar that's seen some action. Or Clapton's Blackie.

They might be a bit expensive though.

I'll get both. Though if can put my pennies aside I would love one of these

https://new.andertons.co.uk/p/LPR84M2M-BM-VLF/solid-body-electric-guitars/gibson-custom-58-blues-master-les-paul-in-vos-vintage-lemon-fade

a bit much to spend but one day i will.

Ash
07-18-2016, 12:16 PM
I want something that has been through the wars but not a modern 'relic' job.

What you need to do is buy a guitar with your savings from your first job as a teenager, then play it and gig it for about thirty years.

It's what I did with my '78 Fender Precision.

Pat Vegas
07-18-2016, 12:21 PM
What you need to do is buy a guitar with your savings from your first job as a teenager, then play it and gig it for about thirty years.

It's what I did with my '78 Fender Precision.

I did have a Fender Jaguar I bought when I was 17/18 from the Pawnbrokers on the corner of St John's street.
I walked in there and said I want this guitar and want to put a deposit. He said how much? I said £10 being a naive teenager. He laughed. I said I will come back with the rest of the cash in a weeks time. He then said go on then I'll take your £10. put the reserved sign on it. I was clearly influenced by Kurt at the time, A fender Jaguar without modding it up isn't wasn't really going to work for what I wanted to do.

I then proceeded to work as many shifts as I could to get the cash. came back in there and strolled out with the guitar.
Shame I had no idea what I was doing at that time I didn't get the most out of it as I had no idea about setting things up or tones. So I sold it a few years later wish I had kept it. as I only play at home my guitars never seem to get any wear.

marrcena
07-20-2016, 09:01 AM
I had to teach my nephew maths...what a tough deal that was!

Ash
07-20-2016, 09:03 AM
I had to teach my nephew maths...what a tough deal that was!

Welcome to the forum, Marrcena. Would you like a new kitchen and some Islamic mp3s to go with your exercise bike?