PDA

View Full Version : Fair play to the Allan fella for such an impressive kill count

Monty92
07-15-2016, 01:10 PM
You'd have thought once the truck hit the initial pedestrians, everyone else in the vicinity would have scarpered. Seems a touch surprising that he managed to take out so many.

He be dancing in the streets of paradise, imo.

Pokster
07-15-2016, 01:13 PM
You'd have thought once the truck hit the initial pedestrians, everyone else in the vicinity would have scarpered. Seems a touch surprising that he managed to take out so many.

If he had driven in a straight line then yes, but he didn't...... I'm sure you knew that anyway

Monty92
07-15-2016, 01:15 PM
If he had driven in a straight line then yes, but he didn't...... I'm sure you knew that anyway

Even so, I still don't think he'd have anticipated such a large yield. He'll be delighted with that, Clive.

Pokster
07-15-2016, 01:17 PM
Even so, I still don't think he'd have anticipated such a large yield. He'll be delighted with that, Clive.

I know you enjoy being seen as the resident insensitive ****... but fair play to you, you have outdone yourself today

Monty92
07-15-2016, 01:19 PM
I know you enjoy being seen as the resident insensitive ****... but fair play to you, you have outdone yourself today

Sorry, perhaps you could clarify which tragic global events we are or aren't allowed to be frivolous about?

Burney
07-15-2016, 01:20 PM
Doubtless we'll have to endure candlelit vigils, hashtags (#jesuisnice?), tricoleures on Facebook and all manner of other trite **** from liberal cretins.
Anything rather than face up to the real problem. :-(

Pokster
07-15-2016, 01:22 PM
Sorry, perhaps you could clarify which tragic global events we are or aren't allowed to be frivolous about?

You carry on, fill your boots if it makes you happy

Monty92
07-15-2016, 01:24 PM
You carry on, fill your boots if it makes you happy

No I'm happy to be educated on why some events and incidents seem to be fair game and others not.

Why not explain?

Sir C
07-15-2016, 01:25 PM

I read that ISIS had issued a video suggesting the use of a vehicle to mow people down. He was reportedly travelling at 50 kph, so by the time you noticed what was happening I guess he'd pretty much be on you. Also, in such circumstances you just don't know how you'd react. Would you instictively try to get into the hedge, or would you momentarily freeze?

Where the numbers are odd is that there are significantly more dead than injured. I'd have imagined many struck glanicng blows and fewer mown down.

Pokster
07-15-2016, 01:26 PM
No I'm happy to be educated on why some events and incidents seem to be fair game and others not.

Why not explain?

Because you aren't happy to be educated, if you think this is fair game then carry on...

Sir C
07-15-2016, 01:27 PM
Doubtless we'll have to endure candlelit vigils, hashtags (#jesuisnice?), tricoleures on Facebook and all manner of other trite **** from liberal cretins.
Anything rather than face up to the real problem. :-(

I must say, I've rather missed Dave immediately standing before the press to reassure us that it's 'nothing to do with Islam'.

Someone is going to have to take over this part of his job.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
07-15-2016, 01:31 PM

Come on M - this is an opportunity for you to shine here. Some jokes, specifically about the children, shouldn't be beyond your wit.

Pat Vegas
07-15-2016, 02:04 PM
And yet his car insurance renewal will still be less than yours.

Ash
07-15-2016, 02:06 PM
Come on M - this is an opportunity for you to shine here. Some jokes, specifically about the children, shouldn't be beyond your wit.

Without any proper, Nicosia-levels of outrage he probably can't be bothered.

Pat Vegas
07-15-2016, 02:07 PM
Without any proper, Nicosia-levels of outrage he probably can't be bothered.

Nic doesn't even remember who he is.
All he recalls is a 'Jewish poster'

Burney
07-15-2016, 02:23 PM
Good point, actually. Has anyone told us it's nothing to do with Islam yet? Are they going to wait at least 24 hours before uttering their revolting apologia or - and I'm not holding my breath here - have they finally grasped that actually it is something to do with Islam?

Pat Vegas
07-15-2016, 02:24 PM
Good point, actually. Has anyone told us it's nothing to do with Islam yet? Are they going to wait at least 24 hours before uttering their revolting apologia or - and I'm not holding my breath here - have they finally grasped that actually it is something to do with Islam?

It's nothing to do with his Hisvan.

Burney
07-15-2016, 02:30 PM
Actually, I find the juxtaposition of the attacks and their location rather troubling. References to 'Nice terror attacks', the 'Nice terrorist' seem rather incongruous. Mind you, I reckon Nancy will be safe. No-one will want to go down in history as 'The Nancy terrorist' imo.

Ash
07-15-2016, 02:36 PM

Maybe it isn't. The killer wasn't on the radar, and was apparantly not very religious. Maybe it's just a US-style massacre, of the sort that loonies over there do every few weeks, but on a larger scale. Perhaps he was a loyal fan of Louis XVI

We should definitely wait for all the facts to be in before we start with your suggestions of nuking Saudi-Arabia and rounding up tens of millions of people into concentration camps imo :nod:

Sir C
07-15-2016, 02:39 PM
Maybe it isn't. The killer wasn't on the radar, and was apparantly not very religious. Maybe it's just a US-style massacre, of the sort that loonies over there do every few weeks, but on a larger scale. Perhaps he was a loyal fan of Louis XVI

We should definitely wait for all the facts to be in before we start with your suggestions of nuking Saudi-Arabia and rounding up tens of millions of people into concentration camps imo :nod:

I'm wondering if this is a sort of clue?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnaI10PVYAA17YX.jpg:large

Burney
07-15-2016, 02:44 PM
Hmmm. Occam's Razor imo. An Allan kills a bunch of people in a way suggested by ISIS in a country regularly targeted by ISIS. I'd say it's walking like a duck and talking like a duck, wouldn't you?

Burney
07-15-2016, 02:48 PM
The one on the right has been honoured with the fruit knife, I see.

Ash
07-15-2016, 02:49 PM
I'm wondering if this is a sort of clue?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnaI10PVYAA17YX.jpg:large

Oh, is that our driver? My word, what's going on there with those kids? :-(

Sir C
07-15-2016, 02:50 PM
The one on the right has been honoured with the fruit knife, I see.

Yes. Of course ol' Mohamed might just have been the sort of chap who enjoys picturing his children with guns and knives just because. We really oughtn't jump to conclusions.

Ash
07-15-2016, 02:51 PM
Hmmm. Occam's Razor imo. An Allan kills a bunch of people in a way suggested by ISIS in a country regularly targeted by ISIS. I'd say it's walking like a duck and talking like a duck, wouldn't you?

Normally there is a claim of responsibility. It may be along soon, of course.

Sir C
07-15-2016, 02:52 PM
Oh, is that our driver? My word, what's going on there with those kids? :-(

I don't know what's going on, except that it's obviously nothing to do with Islam. It's not like that sort of image is common to any specific group.

http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/hamas%20kids.jpg

eastgermanautos
07-16-2016, 11:37 AM
*I can. We cannot be frivolous or insensitive about anything concerning veganism. Everything else, fair enough, do it