PDA

View Full Version : HRwimb. Hypothetical situation.

Pat Vegas
07-14-2016, 11:52 AM
lets assume

You receive a job offer for a certain role. one that fits your experience greatly.
You join the job.

As soon as you join the job the boss decides that you should do a completely different role (one that they told you they would have another person to do this role) But you are not very good at this role as you don't have experience. You are interested in it but you don't know what you are doing. And nobody is showing you how either.

So boss gets upset you are not doing role properly and you start to worry they might get rid of you where does one stand? obviously in the contract there is the old ask you to do different tasks from time to time, line.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-14-2016, 11:54 AM
How different is the actual job to what it states on the original advert or job description or whatever?

Pat Vegas
07-14-2016, 11:57 AM
How different is the actual job to what it states on the original advert or job description or whatever?

Very. original job is dealing with business we have.
the new tasks are sales and getting new business. there is no mention of this previously.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-14-2016, 12:01 PM
Very. original job is dealing with business we have.
the new tasks are sales and getting new business. there is no mention of this previously.

Without appropriate training or guidance the employer has really pulled a fast one here. Has the original job disappeared or is someone else doing it? If so, is it someone newly employed or someone redeployed from within firm?

Pat Vegas
07-14-2016, 12:03 PM
Without appropriate training or guidance the employer has really pulled a fast one here. Has the original job disappeared or is someone else doing it? If so, is it someone newly employed or someone redeployed from within firm?

It's a new team. there were 2 positions advertised.
One was filled and the 2nd was scrapped (the sales) but the person seems to be doing both roles.
But never officially mentioned this it just seems to have happened.

So it seems like 'don't need the sales guy let him do both'

Ash
07-14-2016, 12:19 PM
You might need to ask this again when IUFG is back from hols, if that's where he is.

Pat Vegas
07-14-2016, 12:20 PM
You might need to ask this again when IUFG is back from hols, if that's where he is.

He seems the kind of chap who would go on holiday at this time.

I don't know what that means exactly.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
07-14-2016, 12:33 PM
lets assume

You receive a job offer for a certain role. one that fits your experience greatly.
You join the job.

Fer fuxake Pat stop being such a whiny entitled little ****er at EVERY ****ing job you've ever had since joining AWIMB.

Pat Vegas
07-14-2016, 12:37 PM
Fer fuxake Pat stop being such a whiny entitled little ****er at EVERY ****ing job you've ever had since joining AWIMB.

It's more worry than complaining.
With the wife out of a job in a few months.

Snin
07-14-2016, 12:43 PM
just suck his cock the way he wants you too imo did he hire you for anal but now just wants blowies ? happens a lot

Snin
07-14-2016, 12:44 PM
that means he has children in school who've just broken up ? a family man perhaps

PSRB
07-14-2016, 12:45 PM
lets assume

You join the job.

As soon as you join the job the boss decides that you should do a completely different role (one that they told you they would have another person to do this role) But you are not very good at this role as you don't have experience. You are interested in it but you don't know what you are doing. And nobody is showing you how either.

So boss gets upset you are not doing role properly and you start to worry they might get rid of you where does one stand? obviously in the contract there is the old ask you to do different tasks from time to time, line.

I had this problem in the last job, we mutually agreed it wasn't working after 3 months and so I left but not before showing them my contract that said I was 3 months notice from either side, so got paid for another 3 months :-)

Pat Vegas
just suck his cock the way he wants you too imo did he hire you for anal but now just wants blowies ? happens a lot

It's a woman,
on the bright side she's 5000 miles away.
Nothing's happened yet anyway. sometimes i fear the worst.

Snin
just man the **** up and sell **** chap

Ash
07-14-2016, 12:48 PM
just man the **** up and sell **** chap

Yes, Snin, but selling takes a special kind of evil that not everyone posseses, tbf.

Pat Vegas
07-14-2016, 12:51 PM
Yes, Snin, but selling takes a special kind of evil that not everyone posseses, tbf.

It's hard to sell to Hollywood.

SWv2
07-14-2016, 12:55 PM

Sage advice as ever from A.

Ask somebody who knows as opposed to a person who may simply use common sense in his response e.g. chin your boss.

Pat Vegas
07-14-2016, 12:56 PM
Sage advice as ever from A.

Ask somebody who knows as opposed to a person who may simply use common sense in his response e.g. chin your boss.

Think is I am not unhappy I quite enjoy the task. However I can not provide the results they may look for. That's my concern. Everything is ok currently if they should start to mention something I will bring up that this is not my experience.

SWv2
07-14-2016, 01:01 PM
Think is I am not unhappy I quite enjoy the task. However I can not provide the results they may look for. That's my concern. Everything is ok currently if they should start to mention something I will bring up that this is not my experience.

So you are happy but worried and complaining about a hypothetical scenario that may not even happen.

There was an ex-poster on here called Fash who you remind me of. I have no idea what became of him.

IUFG
07-14-2016, 01:25 PM
chinning the Boss IS sound advice sw :thumbup:

SWv2
07-14-2016, 01:27 PM
chinning the Boss IS sound advice sw :thumbup:

I have often thought HR, or simply advice in general, was the path I should have followed.

IUFG
07-14-2016, 01:29 PM
meh! it's not all its cracked up to be.

IUFG
07-14-2016, 01:30 PM
been busy at work, A.

sad seens imo

IUFG
07-14-2016, 01:33 PM
I'd worry about that only if it actually happens, p

Pat Vegas
07-14-2016, 01:57 PM
I'd worry about that only if it actually happens, p

:thumbup: I don't normally worry about everything thesedays.
But life is a bit odd at the moment.

SWv2
07-14-2016, 02:28 PM
been busy at work, A.

sad seens imo

You have been very quiet since you were outed as a transgender.