PDA

View Full Version : Dave's last PMQs review.

Sir C
07-13-2016, 11:51 AM
Aww, that was lovely. Everyone* was nice to Dave and he enjoyed some truly epic bantz with Comrade Jeremy, who was remarkably good-humoured.

I had a little cry, if I'm honest.

Why can't politics aways be so nice :-(

*Except some harridan from the SNP, natch.

7sisters
07-13-2016, 12:09 PM
Aww, that was lovely. Everyone* was nice to Dave and he enjoyed some truly epic bantz with Comrade Jeremy, who was remarkably good-humoured.

I had a little cry, if I'm honest.

Why can't politics aways be so nice :-(

*Except some harridan from the SNP, natch.

It's only after he's gone that many will realise perhaps how good humoured and statesmanlike like he could be at times.

Fairly typical that a handful of dour jocks couldn't remain dignified for the occasion. :-\

Sir C
07-13-2016, 12:10 PM
It's only after he's gone that many will realise perhaps how good humoured and statesmanlike like he could be at times.

Fairly typical that a handful of dour jocks couldn't remain dignified for the occasion. :-\

One expects nothing better from the jockanese, for they are savages, but it seems a bit of a shame that the Labour benches didn't stand to applaud him. (Apparently Skinner encoiuraged them to do so!)

7sisters
07-13-2016, 12:20 PM
One expects nothing better from the jockanese, for they are savages, but it seems a bit of a shame that the Labour benches didn't stand to applaud him. (Apparently Skinner encoiuraged them to do so!)

I wasn't sure whether or not that was a protocol default for the opposition. If not, their reluctance to show respect for a departing PM is incredibly mean spirited. Their failure to understand the irony of needing to garner a popular appeal with the electorate is completely lost on them.

Ash
07-13-2016, 12:23 PM
I wasn't sure whether or not that was a protocol default for the opposition. If not, their reluctance to show respect for a departing PM is incredibly mean spirited. Their failure to understand the irony of needing to garner a popular appeal with the electorate is completely lost on them.

:hehe: As if the electorate gives a **** about that when they come to vote in the 2020 GE.

7sisters
07-13-2016, 12:33 PM
:hehe: As if the electorate gives a **** about that when they come to vote in the 2020 GE.

Actually, I think they do.. No one wants to vote for a dullard, as Kinnock, Brown, Hague, and inevitably, Corbyn, have found out over the years.
Centre ground floating voters decide elections. The very people who are fairly A political but are quite unforgiving in what they see as presenting the wrong type of public persona.

Ash
07-13-2016, 12:38 PM
Actually, I think they do.. No one wants to vote for a dullard, as Kinnock, Brown, Hague, and inevitably, Corbyn, have found out over the years.
Centre ground floating voters decide elections. The very people who are fairly A political but are quite unforgiving in what they see as presenting the wrong type of public persona.

One afternoon four years previously which they probably weren't even watching or paying much attention to?

7sisters
07-13-2016, 12:53 PM
Why of course .. The joke about the bloke who spends his entire life bedding hundreds of women, who then mysteriously felates a bloke in a carpark in the small hours, following a particularly drunken binge. A one off event but we all know how people referred to him thereafter ...