PDA

View Full Version : This doesn't fill me with confidence.

Pat Vegas
07-13-2016, 09:53 AM
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/780/cpsprodpb/26E4/production/_90365990_afp_theresa.jpg

Sir C
07-13-2016, 09:58 AM
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/780/cpsprodpb/26E4/production/_90365990_afp_theresa.jpg

Imagine how happy Dave must be feeling right now. One more Prime Minister's Questions (at which one imagines everyone will be nice to him) and then off to Oxfordshire to spend the rest of his life at leisure. Perhaps knock out the odd book, take a couple of directorships, a bit of consulting on the side... All without the hassle of everyone in the country hating your guts.

Pat Vegas
07-13-2016, 09:59 AM
Imagine how happy Dave must be feeling right now. One more Prime Minister's Questions (at which one imagines everyone will be nice to him) and then off to Oxfordshire to spend the rest of his life at leisure. Perhaps knock out the odd book, take a couple of directorships, a bit of consulting on the side... All without the hassle of everyone in the country hating your guts.

He can always do the odd public speaking gigs too.
Not sure how many Blair will be doing for a while.

7sisters
07-13-2016, 10:07 AM

I always smile at these (old school tie directorships ).. I mean, I get that it's a coup to be able to boast an ex PM as a board member, but really, they pretty much do FA, don't they ? What can they hope to discern from any commercial business model they know nothing about :hehe:

Sir C
07-13-2016, 10:21 AM
I always smile at these (old school tie directorships ).. I mean, I get that it's a coup to be able to boast an ex PM as a board member, but really, they pretty much do FA, don't they ? What can they hope to discern from any commercial business model they know nothing about :hehe:

Well, imagine you're the sales director of Overbloater PLC and you're having a meeting with the purchasing director of Megacorp Kuwait to discuss a contract for 150,000,000 widgets, and whjen he bowls up you give him a cup of coffee and sit him down next to an ex prime minister... I think you've just given yourself quite the head start there...

Ash
07-13-2016, 12:11 PM
Well, imagine you're the sales director of Overbloater PLC and you're having a meeting with the purchasing director of Megacorp Kuwait to discuss a contract for 150,000,000 widgets, and whjen he bowls up you give him a cup of coffee and sit him down next to an ex prime minister... I think you've just given yourself quite the head start there...

Funny old game, marketing. "Blimey, these widgets must be good. Look who they've hired to sit next to me!"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/E-9A_Widget.JPG/800px-E-9A_Widget.JPG