PDA

View Full Version : BBC - Arsenal will have to pay 80million GBP for Higuain.

Rich
07-12-2016, 07:23 PM
Someone sell us a ****ing striker or we start the season with akpomp!

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
07-12-2016, 08:35 PM
Someone sell us a ****ing striker or we start the season with akpomp!

Which will be £85M next week

Mo Britain less Europe
07-13-2016, 10:13 AM
Which will be £85M next week

The stories going round is that we are being asked for 60 million euros plus Giroud.

7sisters
07-13-2016, 10:20 AM
The stories going round is that we are being asked for 60 million euros plus Giroud.

If these silly prices keep getting banded about, the transfer market could grind to a halt. It needs a huge transfer to take place for the domino effect to kick in. £100m for Pogba could start the cascade.
So far, I don't recall any club paying a fortune for a player this window.

Pat Vegas
07-13-2016, 10:22 AM

It's Wenger's own fault to be in this situation now. We could have bought a striker (rather than say there is nobody available) for a reasonable amount of money. Now we are forced to pay over the odds.

Higuain is a player we could have got before. Whilst expensive at the time now we would have to pay a lot more.

Then on the flip side you have Juventus taking the piss with small offers for Alexis.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-13-2016, 10:33 AM
It's our singularly ineffective transfer policy at work again.

Just Trent
07-13-2016, 10:49 AM
Somebody call Kim Kallstrom!!!!!!!

Rich
07-13-2016, 10:51 AM
It's Wenger's own fault to be in this situation now. We could have bought a striker (rather than say there is nobody available) for a reasonable amount of money. Now we are forced to pay over the odds.

Higuain is a player we could have got before. Whilst expensive at the time now we would have to pay a lot more.

Then on the flip side you have Juventus taking the piss with small offers for Alexis.

Saw us linked to Michu yesterday :-( Having said that, I'd take it because otherwise Akpom is the only fit striker at the club for the Liverpool game.

Ash
07-13-2016, 10:54 AM
https://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/08/1-dont-panic.jpg

Just Trent
07-13-2016, 11:01 AM
:nod: it'll all be sorted with a late loan move for Wilfried Bony

Pat Vegas
07-13-2016, 11:02 AM
https://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/08/1-dont-panic.jpg

I am not panicking however let's see if Wenger does indeed buy a striker.

However if we go another season with Giroud as the only man for the job it doesn't look very positive at all.
Also for the record I would like Giroud to stay. signing a new striker doesn't mean he has to go he is a good option to have.

Tony C
07-13-2016, 11:16 AM
Could've nabbed him years ago for peanuts....the deal was done but SOMEONE thought it would be funny to offer £40m + £1 for Suarez.

All our striker transfers issues stem from that point.

Suppose it's not as bad as United paying £100m for Pogba....

SWv2
07-13-2016, 01:03 PM
Could've nabbed him years ago for peanuts....the deal was done but SOMEONE thought it would be funny to offer £40m + £1 for Suarez.

Purely for correction purposes the deal was done but then the selling club chose to move the goalposts and ask a higher fee, one which we stalled on (or completely declined) while the newly appointed Benitez at Napoli charged straight in and paid.

An error? Perhaps so, well no perhaps about it, definitely so – however Arsene within his principles took umbrage at the manner of an agreed deal suddenly changing.

It was not simply that we changed our mind and went for Suarez.

For the record I would pay 100m for Pogba. A magnificent footballer at a brilliant age to buy.

Rich
07-13-2016, 01:11 PM
Purely for correction purposes the deal was done but then the selling club chose to move the goalposts and ask a higher fee, one which we stalled on (or completely declined) while the newly appointed Benitez at Napoli charged straight in and paid.

An error? Perhaps so, well no perhaps about it, definitely so – however Arsene within his principles took umbrage at the manner of an agreed deal suddenly changing.

For the record I would pay 100m for Pogba. A magnificent footballer at a brilliant age to buy.

But would we change it? We got Alexis instead who is a truly magnificent footballer. We wouldn't have been able to afford both.

Pokster
07-13-2016, 01:24 PM
But would we change it? We got Alexis instead who is a truly magnificent footballer. We wouldn't have been able to afford both.

Yes we would... we knew the new Sky deal was coming and clubs knew what the payments would be, so we could have afforded him from future earnings

Sir C
07-13-2016, 01:27 PM
Yes we would... we knew the new Sky deal was coming and clubs knew what the payments would be, so we could have afforded him from future earnings

Spend it before you've earned it?

That way lies disaster.

7sisters
07-13-2016, 01:27 PM

That's a pretty damming statement on Ferguson , who let him walk for nothing.
When you consider the abundant shyte they've employed in midfield since, it's hard to believe they couldn't spot the lads potential.

Pokster
07-13-2016, 01:38 PM
Spend it before you've earned it?

That way lies disaster.

If you have a guaranteed amount coming in in the future then it isn't disaster at all... no different to spending a bonus before you get it paid

Sir C
07-13-2016, 01:40 PM
If you have a guaranteed amount coming in in the future then it isn't disaster at all... no different to spending a bonus before you get it paid

Nothing in life is guaranteed. And as for spending a bonus before it is paid... are you serious? :yikes:

No wonders the banks crashed. Your attitude is cavalier and reckless.

Pokster
07-13-2016, 01:51 PM
Nothing in life is guaranteed. And as for spending a bonus before it is paid... are you serious? :yikes:

No wonders the banks crashed. Your attitude is cavalier and reckless.

Grow up!!!

Of course I'm serious, if you know you are getting £x in 2 months then there is nothing to stop you spending it now, it's what businesses do everyday... but you knew that

Sir C
07-13-2016, 01:55 PM
Grow up!!!

Of course I'm serious, if you know you are getting £x in 2 months then there is nothing to stop you spending it now, it's what businesses do everyday... but you knew that

Debt is grown up?

SWv2
07-13-2016, 02:00 PM
That's a pretty damming statement on Ferguson , who let him walk for nothing.
When you consider the abundant shyte they've employed in midfield since, it's hard to believe they couldn't spot the lads potential.

Purely for correction Pogba left United when his contract ran out, a situation we know a football club can do little about.

An offer was made to him to stay but he had already decided to leave on the belief that first team chances were not coming his way, a situation which came to a head when in the absence of many established players Ferguson chose to play one of the Brazilian twin lads ahead of Pogba.

He chose to join Juventus.

Just Trent
07-13-2016, 02:04 PM
Don't panic. Arsene has pulled the plug on the deal :hehe:

http://ct.moreover.com/?a=27246552467&p=14e&v=1&x=2MyS3dZaAckF1OTnoEGT1Q&u1=SET&u2=g1440

Rich
07-13-2016, 02:05 PM
Doesn't matter anyway because we have Sanogo. I'm positive that he has potential so perhaps this is his time to shine.

Come on Yaya.

Rich
07-13-2016, 02:08 PM

http://ct.moreover.com/?a=27246552467&p=14e&v=1&x=2MyS3dZaAckF1OTnoEGT1Q&u1=SET&u2=g1440

Back to Lacazette/Morata, then.

SWv2
07-13-2016, 02:16 PM

Just between us I doubt there was ever a deal to pull out of.

Just Trent
07-13-2016, 02:21 PM
Indeed. It's all come from an Italian journo. The idea that we would pay more than double what we refused to pay 3 years ago, always seemed a little fanciful.

Pokster
07-13-2016, 02:25 PM
Debt is grown up?

Of course, I forgot that you are Lorded gentry who has never owed anyone any money ever..... oh i wish we could all be so lucky

Ash
07-13-2016, 02:26 PM
Grow up!!!

Yeah, because all the ITV digital money *definitely* turned up, didn't it? No-one got caught out there, did they? No, siree Bob.

Pokster
07-13-2016, 02:27 PM
Yeah, because all the ITV digital money *definitely* turned up, didn't it? No-one got caught out there, did they? No, siree Bob.

So no club or business should ever spend any mopney before it turns up..... I'm sure all the players contracts have it written in that their wages will be reduced if SKY go tits up

Sir C
07-13-2016, 02:28 PM
Of course, I forgot that you are Loreded gentry who has never owed anyone any money ever..... oh i wish we could all be so lucky

There is nothing lucky about waiting until you can afford something before buying it. That seems to me more about common sense than luck.

I do not know what loreded gentry is, but I suppose you are being personally abusive again, which seems your default position if disagreed with. I suppose that is because you are so much more grown up than anyone else.

Ash
07-13-2016, 02:29 PM
So no club or business should ever spend any mopney before it turns up..... I'm sure all the players contracts have it written in that their wages will be reduced if SKY go tits up

I didn't say that. Just giving an example of a broadcasting revenue bubble that burst.

Pokster
07-13-2016, 02:33 PM
There is nothing lucky about waiting until you can afford something before buying it. That seems to me more about common sense than luck.

I do not know what loreded gentry is, but I suppose you are being personally abusive again, which seems your default position if disagreed with. I suppose that is because you are so much more grown up than anyone else.

Oh dear.

You can afford something if you know you are getting cash in on a future date, it's what millions of people do every month waiting for payday.... businesses run it the same way, they get credit lines from the bank against guaranteed future income. I don't think it's hard to realise that football clubs can and do do this.

Pokster
07-13-2016, 02:35 PM
I didn't say that. Just giving an example of a broadcasting revenue bubble that burst.

Chmpionship and lower league football TV rights were nothing like the PL, Sky is now a long standing company so the chances of them going bust are very remote so if Arsenal had decided to use future income to buy a player 2 years ago then it wouldn't have been frowned on

Sir C
07-13-2016, 02:38 PM
Oh dear.

You can afford something if you know you are getting cash in on a future date, it's what millions of people do every month waiting for payday.... businesses run it the same way, they get credit lines from the bank against guaranteed future income. I don't think it's hard to realise that football clubs can and do do this.

Yes. I've been running a business for 30 years and I've watched countless businesses spend money before it's been earned, and I've watched countless businesses operating at the wim of a bank manager. I've watched countless businesses go skint, and seen the directors of those businesses shrug their shoulders, wipe their hands and carry on a sif nothing had happened.

Of course the real victims of these reckless individuals and companies are the suppliers who end up never being paid. I find the whole thing immoral, and the common acceptance of this model as 'normal' beggars the imagination.

SWv2
07-13-2016, 02:43 PM
Yes. I've been running a business for 30 years and I've watched countless businesses spend money before it's been earned, and I've watched countless businesses operating at the wim of a bank manager. I've watched countless businesses go skint, and seen the directors of those businesses shrug their shoulders, wipe their hands and carry on a sif nothing had happened.

Of course the real victims of these reckless individuals and companies are the suppliers who end up never being paid. I find the whole thing immoral, and the common acceptance of this model as 'normal' beggars the imagination.

Hear hear.

I wager none of these businesses that went bust were sitting on over 100m cash in bank figures on their balance sheet mind you.

Pokster
07-13-2016, 02:43 PM

So you don't think Arsenal should spend any money they haven't yet received??? Goodbye to the stadium :cry:

Ash
07-13-2016, 02:46 PM
Chmpionship and lower league football TV rights were nothing like the PL, Sky is now a long standing company so the chances of them going bust are very remote so if Arsenal had decided to use future income to buy a player 2 years ago then it wouldn't have been frowned on

Not sure if BT Sport are making any money. Maybe their model is to bankroll their losses from their comms infrastructure monopoly until they bleed Sky white. These deals are vastly inflated. I haven't taken on BT and am thinking of ditching Sky who charge more and more for less and less. I expect many others are thinking the same.

SWv2
07-13-2016, 02:51 PM
Not sure if BT Sport are making any money. Maybe their model is to bankroll their losses from their comms infrastructure monopoly until they bleed Sky white. These deals are vastly inflated. I haven't taken on BT and am thinking of ditching Sky who charge more and more for less and less. I expect many others are thinking the same.

I got BT last week for free along with Setanta.

Both channels (suppliers) have been bought in Ireland by Eircom, our traditional national telephone landline supplier, and the channels, 7 in total, have been given to Eircom broadband customers for free.

I shall be dispensing with Sky Sports soon.

FREE TV!!

Ash
07-13-2016, 03:01 PM
I got BT last week for free along with Setanta.

Both channels (suppliers) have been bought in Ireland by Eircom, our traditional national telephone landline supplier, and the channels, 7 in total, have been given to Eircom broadband customers for free.

I shall be dispensing with Sky Sports soon.

FREE TV!!

Similar to BT, who were, and might still, be throwing in the sports channels with their broadband deal. Might be a concerted plan by the natural monopoly-owners to squeeze out Sky imo.

7sisters
07-13-2016, 03:09 PM
Purely for correction Pogba left United when his contract ran out, a situation we know a football club can do little about.

An offer was made to him to stay but he had already decided to leave on the belief that first team chances were not coming his way, a situation which came to a head when in the absence of many established players Ferguson chose to play one of the Brazilian twin lads ahead of Pogba.

He chose to join Juventus.

No issue with the events. They're well documented. Mine was merely an observation. Pogba is a very special talent. Anelka's was spotted at 17 and he quickly became an Arsenal regular shortly afterwards, likewise Fabregas.
These types of players don't come along that often, although there's no guarantee their development will continue.
I was just a little surprised that Ferguson didn't break the bank, or throw him in to the first eleven more often, in order to keep him. The player must have felt he was good enough in training, otherwise he may have been persuaded to bide his time. I mean, you know when you're better or worse than the chaps you train alongside, right ?
His rapid development towards a 100m player at Juve illustrates they had a bit more faith in him.
Still, hindsight and all that.
Whatever the events, it doesn't look that great on United as he only walked three seasons back.

Pat Vegas
07-13-2016, 03:09 PM
Oh dear.

When I rent a place. I assume I will get paid and be able to pay the rent. Not have a years rent in the bank spare.

SWv2
07-13-2016, 03:21 PM
No issue with the events. They're well documented. Mine was merely an observation. Pogba is a very special talent. Anelka's was spotted at 17 and he quickly became an Arsenal regular shortly afterwards, likewise Fabregas.
These types of players don't come along that often, although there's no guarantee their development will continue.
I was just a little surprised that Ferguson didn't break the bank, or throw him in to the first eleven more often, in order to keep him. The player must have felt he was good enough in training, otherwise he may have been persuaded to bide his time. I mean, you know when you're better or worse than the chaps you train alongside, right ?
His rapid development towards a 100m player at Juve illustrates they had a bit more faith in him.
Still, hindsight and all that.
Whatever the events, it doesn't look that great on United as he only walked three seasons back.

I fully agree and I am sure at board level the concept of paying €100m for an asset that walked away for zero only 3 years ago is causing some healthy debate.

I have read comments since his departure from established players along the lines that he was always obviously a talent, but he was not at that stage at a level to displace players such as Carrick and others from the United midfield. He wanted to play first 11, others were ahead of him, he was impatient in this respect and walked because of contractual freedom.

His agent then had a big falling out with Ferguson which meant any proposed gesture of compromise from either party was unlikely. The agent then did his job and secured the deal with Juventus very much to the annoyance of his then employer.

It does beg the question about being not good enough for United but plenty good enough for Juventus, especially at a time of obvious flux and United in clear decline. I expect there is more to this story, just depends who you listen to.

Still, Mourinho looking to bring him back at 100m is extraordinary.

Fast Eddie
07-13-2016, 05:02 PM
Transfer fees have gone tits up. I wouldn't be spending the wonga been rumoured for the players we are linked with and for the other mad fees for other players. £100m for Pogba! :eek: But then does that leave us behind? There has to be a happy medium. FIFA have to step in and put an end to the madness.