PDA

View Full Version : Damn you Sir C!

Pat Vegas
07-12-2016, 02:05 PM
now I want a Gretsch!

Ash
07-12-2016, 02:17 PM
now I want a Gretsch!

How to experience instant unhappiness. Start wanting something that you never knew you needed five minutes ago. :-(

Pat Vegas
07-12-2016, 02:19 PM
How to create instant unhappiness. Start wanting something that you never knew you needed five minutes ago. :-(

:hehe: He simply reminded me that I had looked at them before.

Then again if I need reminding I don't need one. I am happy with my new Les Paul, I won't be buying any others for a while. even then when I bought this one I offloaded some of my small collection. So win win.

I have only 2 electrics now.

Sir C
07-12-2016, 02:25 PM
now I want a Gretsch!

They just look nice. I've no idea who one would associate with the Gretsch; Duane Eddy?

Pat Vegas
07-12-2016, 02:26 PM
They just look nice. I've no idea who one would associate with the Gretsch; Duane Eddy?

First one that comes to mind is Brian Setzer.

Sir C
07-12-2016, 02:27 PM
First one that comes to mind is Brian Setzer.

I prefer his brother, Alka.

SWv2
07-12-2016, 02:49 PM
I think Miles Hunt from the Wonder Stuff was using a Gretsch when I saw them in March.

Sir C
07-12-2016, 02:53 PM
I think Miles Hunt from the Wonder Stuff was using a Gretsch when I saw them in March.

I prefer his brother, Mike Hunt.

Seriously though, wasn't The Wonder Stuff a TV show about a kid growing up who had a girlfriend called Winnie?

SWv2
07-12-2016, 03:00 PM
I prefer his brother, Mike Hunt.

Seriously though, wasn't The Wonder Stuff a TV show about a kid growing up who had a girlfriend called Winnie?

I think you are getting confused with the Wonder Years.

Wonder Stuff, late 80s/early 90s band from Stourbridge. Hugely popular at one time. You were probably late 20s or early 30s at the time, you simply must know them.

They came to a party in my flat once on Green Lanes. Drank a lot of our alcohol, took some of our drugs, terribly rude in hindsight but people were very impressed at the time.

Ash
07-12-2016, 03:01 PM

I think of Gretchen Hofner - a band I used to go and see about 20 years ago. Guitarist had a Gretch, the bassist a Hofner.

Sir C
07-12-2016, 03:06 PM
I think of Gretchen Hofner - a band I used to go and see about 20 years ago. Guitarist had a Gretch, the bassist a Hofner.

The Logical Brothers.

Sir C
07-12-2016, 03:09 PM
I think you are getting confused with the Wonder Years.

Wonder Stuff, late 80s/early 90s band from Stourbridge. Hugely popular at one time. You were probably late 20s or early 30s at the time, you simply must know them.

They came to a party in my flat once on Green Lanes. Drank a lot of our alcohol, took some of our drugs, terribly rude in hindsight but people were very impressed at the time.

Missed them, I'm afraid. I wonder why?

They weren't a bit poppy, were they? :-(

SWv2
07-12-2016, 03:13 PM
Missed them, I'm afraid. I wonder why?

They weren't a bit poppy, were they? :-(

Not poppy, but they became a little too frivolous for me I must say, silly celebrity collaborations with Vic Reeves, bizarrely a time when their commercial success peaked. But not for me, all went a bit ****.

As indeed I told them.

:-\

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
07-12-2016, 03:14 PM
I've no idea who one would associate with the Gretsch; Duane Eddy?

Eddie Cochran you know nothing tosspot! (aimed at Sir C :-) )

http://www.eddiecochran.info/Picture/Biography/Eddie_Cochran_IV.jpg

Sir C
07-12-2016, 03:23 PM
Eddie Cochran you know nothing tosspot! (aimed at Sir C :-) )

http://www.eddiecochran.info/Picture/Biography/Eddie_Cochran_IV.jpg

Looks like a sex case.

07-12-2016, 03:37 PM
Looks like a sex case.

You calling Eddie Cochran a nonce? I'll hunt you down and stick my Eddie Cochran Signature Gretsch G6120 up your dirty stretch marked arse 'ole - fat end first.

Ash
07-12-2016, 03:41 PM
As indeed I told them.

:-\

How did that go down?

SWv2
07-12-2016, 03:48 PM
How did that go down?

Kind of conversation killer to be fair but then they were very much on an upward trajectory and the odd dissenting comment was water off the ducks back, as such. I suppose these people are more used to chaps fawning over them.

07-12-2016, 03:54 PM
Kind of conversation killer to be fair but then they were very much on an upward trajectory and the odd dissenting comment was water off the ducks back, as such. I suppose these people are more used to chaps fawning over them.

I once saw them introduce a song by saying "this is called - anyone who so much as taps their foot is a ****in' ****er".

SWv2
07-12-2016, 04:08 PM
I once saw them introduce a song by saying "this is called - anyone who so much as taps their foot is a ****in' ****er".

Indeed, you don’t get such band audience repartee at the ilk of gig that Sir C may attend.

The lead singer is (or was) a mouthy little ****er but a very sound chap in person. I supposed one need’s a certain personality to front a band. They had a youthful arrogance and attitude, off the time. Not sure it exists now with bands. Probably does.