PDA

View Full Version : Good piece on how ridiculous some transfer valuations are......

PSRB
07-12-2016, 08:43 AM
http://www.football365.com/news/top-ten-most-ridiculous-transfer-valuations

Pokster
07-12-2016, 08:50 AM

When Troy Deeney was being valued at £30m you knew it had gone crazy.... shows that if AW wants to sign a top striker he will have to pay £50m+ to get a proven one......... But does he wasnt to spend that much???

PSRB
07-12-2016, 08:57 AM
When Troy Deeney was being valued at £30m you knew it had gone crazy.... shows that if AW wants to sign a top striker he will have to pay £50m+ to get a proven one......... But does he wasnt to spend that much???

Does rather depend who else he wants to sign......we are not going to sign 2 £50m+ players this window. I suspect Draxler will the addition in that price bracket

Billy Goat Sverige
07-12-2016, 09:11 AM
Does rather depend who else he wants to sign......we are not going to sign 2 £50m+ players this window. I suspect Draxler will the addition in that price bracket

I don't even see him going after Draxler to be honest. We've too many wide players and the talk of him playing as a centre forward is just that imo. Now these Higuain links :cloud9:

PSRB
07-12-2016, 09:24 AM
I don't even see him going after Draxler to be honest. We've too many wide players and the talk of him playing as a centre forward is just that imo. Now these Higuain links :cloud9:

We are not going to pay £50m plus Giroud for Higuain

7sisters
07-12-2016, 09:29 AM

30m is the new 10m, I suppose. Remember how we secured 24m ish for Anelka, and now that sum seems to only secure a middle of the road player. Palace, who almost went tits up a couple of years back, have recently signed two players for that amount.
Lester now looking at paying several players over 100k pw to retain their services.
In real terms, if any of the top clubs pick up a decent player for below 30m, they're doing well. :-\

Rich
07-12-2016, 09:39 AM

I honestly don't expect a striker to arrive. There is just no value in the market. You're better off trying to develop one yourself from a young age. Anyway, Giroud showed at the Euros that he can do a job with maybe a slight change in system; potentially with Alexis playing off him.

I too suspect that we might sign Draxler as his age/ability represents much better long term value.

Jake
07-12-2016, 09:47 AM

Arsene would rather suck Mou off than let Giroud go imo.

Jake
07-12-2016, 09:48 AM
30m is the new 10m, I suppose. Remember how we secured 24m ish for Anelka, and now that sum seems to only secure a middle of the road player. Palace, who almost went tits up a couple of years back, have recently signed two players for that amount.
Lester now looking at paying several players over 100k pw to retain their services.
In real terms, if any of the top clubs pick up a decent player for below 30m, they're doing well. :-\

Bayern will sign Coman for circa 30m. One of the best prospects in football.

****s.