View Full Version : AW letting Thierry go from the club

PSRB
07-12-2016, 07:50 AM
hardly surprising and yet our fans appear to be "losing their ****" over it

Undermining your employer on national TV is never going to end well

*Slight retraction, apparently Sky said Arsenal or us, TH took the £4m a year

Yesterday Once More
07-12-2016, 08:00 AM
I agree it's hardly surprising, but it's also profoundly unhealthy and a reflection of TOF's inability to take criticism.

There are too many ex-Arsenal pundits like Wrighty and Keown in whose eyes Wenger can do no wrong. Thierry still has a lot of regard for the man who helped him achieve so much in the game, but he is prepared to tell it as it is when there are shortcomings at the Club. Much though I think we'd miss his presence around the club, I hope he chooses his Sky role and comes back to help whoever takes over when the elephant is no longer in the room.

Rich
07-12-2016, 08:02 AM
I agree it's hardly surprising, but it's also profoundly unhealthy and a reflection of TOF's inability to take criticism.

There are too many ex-Arsenal pundits like Wrighty and Keown in whose eyes Wenger can do no wrong. Thierry still has a lot of regard for the man who helped him achieve so much in the game, but he is prepared to tell it as it is when there are shortcomings at the Club. Much though I think we'd miss his presence around the club, I hope he chooses his Sky role and comes back to help whoever takes over when the elephant is no longer in the room.

Shut your mouth, you ****ing cretin.

Pokster
07-12-2016, 08:07 AM
Shut your mouth, you ****ing cretin.

How dare he have an opinion

IUFG
07-12-2016, 10:05 AM
don't be such a ********, r

SWv2
07-12-2016, 10:05 AM

I think us missing his presence is a little rose tinted now, he has not exactly been an ever present over the years. An increasing presence perhaps as he has been using the facilities as part of his path to coaching badges but hardly an integral and fundamental part of the club structure.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-12-2016, 10:41 AM
I think it may be salutary to remember that not only is Arsenal bigger than Arsene Wenger, it's also bigger than Thierry Henry. Sorry, but it makes no sense for a club employee to be making massive amounts of money elsewhere which occasionally involve dissing the club or its players.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
07-12-2016, 10:58 AM
hardly surprising and yet our fans appear to be "losing their ****" over it

Undermining your employer on national TV is never going to end well

*Slight retraction, apparently Sky said Arsenal or us, TH took the £4m a year

What has happened here. I can't find anything about Henry and Arsenal online?

SWv2
07-12-2016, 11:04 AM
What has happened here. I can't find anything about Henry and Arsenal online?

That's because it is a complete non-story.

Henry will cease to work with a group of kids probably none of whom will ever make it at Arsenal. Instead he had chosen to focus on his £4.5m per annum career of sitting down and watching football, occasionally throwing in the odd contracted critical comment.

Personally I am incandescent.

We should have ex-players working in every corner and function within the club.

7sisters
07-12-2016, 11:58 AM
That's because it is a complete non-story.

Henry will cease to work with a group of kids probably none of whom will ever make it at Arsenal. Instead he had chosen to focus on his £4.5m per annum career of sitting down and watching football, occasionally throwing in the odd contracted critical comment.

Personally I am incandescent.

We should have ex-players working in every corner and function within the club.

That's not likely to happen in todays highly paid culture. At least not to those ex players you'd want sticking around.
The days of ex pro's buying up pubs or working for insurance companies...
4.5m for the pundits contract at Sky.. **** me.. That's probably more in a year than he got paid while playing.

Just Trent
07-12-2016, 12:07 PM
There had been some talk about Tony Adams also coaching the U18 side with Henry. Clearly Arsene sensed a potential coup, and acted swiftly to restore order. It's hard not to admire the man's resolve. Even Napoleon didn't last this long.

eastgermanautos
07-12-2016, 01:24 PM
Cut off the gangrenous limb, the body survives. Thus with our friend Thierry Henry.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-12-2016, 02:20 PM
Not the first time Titi has chosen money ahead of the Arsenal.

Pat Vegas
07-12-2016, 02:22 PM
Not the first time Titi has chosen money ahead of the Arsenal.

Shame we didn't cash on him properly.
Ridicules deal when Darren Bent went to Tottenham for a similar fee. (if not slightly more expensive)

Mo Britain less Europe
07-12-2016, 02:25 PM
Shame we didn't cash on him properly.
Ridicules deal when Darren Bent went to Tottenham for a similar fee. (if not slightly more expensive)

Two bent deals then.