PDA

View Full Version : glw away until Sunday, so some important decisions must be made.

Sir C
07-08-2016, 02:44 PM
Sorted for tonight; 10oz rib-eye, baguette, watercress, horseradish.

Tomorrow I'm considering a visit to Chatham Historic Dockyard followed by an all-you-can-eat chinese buffet. Pork balls in cold, congealing orange fluorescent gloop ahoy! The trouble is, the guilt and self-loathing which will follow :-(

What plans for adventure do you have this weekend?

Burney
07-08-2016, 02:46 PM

Tomorrow I'm considering a visit to Chatham Historic Dockyard followed by an all-you-can-eat chinese buffet. Pork balls in cold, congealing orange fluorescent gloop ahoy! The trouble is, the guilt and self-loathing which will follow :-(

I'm going to fly to Sicily and stay there for a week.

SWv2
07-08-2016, 02:47 PM

Stone Roses tomorrow night if the weather is pleasant, if not they can **** off with their useless singer.

Sunday, allez les Bleus!

Pat Vegas
07-08-2016, 02:48 PM

I need to trim my hedge,

Then I will learn some new riffs.

PSRB
07-08-2016, 02:49 PM

Sleep, the littlest child is at Grandmas tonight, so I intend to have an entire night's undisturbed sleep.......a few beers first though

Sir C
07-08-2016, 02:50 PM
I'm going to fly to Sicily and stay there for a week.

A sound plan. There may be pseudo-Italians, you appreciate that, do you?

Ash
07-08-2016, 02:50 PM

Meeting a Finnish friend for drinks and eatz in Marylebone ce soir. She'll probably be angry with me for being a knuckle-dragging xylophobe and so on, but so be it. Ms A's birthday tomorrow, where she will pick a walk or two of the Time Out London Walks book she's got as a present, then a Specials and Madness covers band at the 100 club later. British GP, Wombledon final and Euro final on Sunday.

Sir C
07-08-2016, 02:51 PM
Stone Roses tomorrow night if the weather is pleasant, if not they can **** off with their useless singer.

Sunday, allez les Bleus!

Do they have a new singer, sw? They used to have that chap who sang while he danced and played the maracaras, I remember.

Ash
07-08-2016, 02:52 PM
I need to trim my hedge,

You have a hedge? Or is that a euphemism for something?

Sir C
I need to trim my hedge,

That guitar needs a top hot with lots of curly hair coming out from under it, you dig me?

Sir C
Sleep, the littlest child is at Grandmas tonight, so I intend to have an entire night's undisturbed sleep.......a few beers first though

Perhaps a little jiggy-jiggy?

Pat Vegas
07-08-2016, 02:54 PM
You have a hedge? Or is that a euphemism for something?

I do, It's a big ******* on the path to the front door. There is another tree thing growing out of control and I need to cut the grass it's just a small area.

When I came back from holidays it looked like a jungle.

Burney
A sound plan. There may be pseudo-Italians, you appreciate that, do you?

Oh, yes. I've been there before. A grand bunch of lads, they are.

Sir C
Meeting a Finnish friend for drinks and eatz in Marylebone ce soir. She'll probably be angry with me for being a knuckle-dragging xylophobe and so on, but so be it. Ms A's birthday tomorrow, where she will pick a walk or two of the Time Out London Walks book she's got as a present, then a Specials and Madness covers band at the 100 club later. British GP, Wombledon final and Euro final on Sunday.

A full and excellent schedule, a. Wish mrs a many happy returns from us, of course.

I can heartily recommend this excellent Marylebone dinery https://www.fischers.co.uk/
]

Pat Vegas
07-08-2016, 02:55 PM
That guitar needs a top hot with lots of curly hair coming out from under it, you dig me?

:nod: I am still amazed why he would sell it at nearly half price :sherlock:

Not a scratch on it, strings are new they still have that new buzz to em. Set up nicely. very pleased. gibson have a nice touch now to include a photo of the guitar on their workbench.

Burney
07-08-2016, 02:56 PM
I do, It's a big ******* on the path to the front door. There is another tree thing growing out of control and I need to cut the grass it's just a small area.

When I came back from holidays it looked like a jungle.

I do love the way you appear to have gone from your wild 20s to stolid middle age with no apparent intervening period of adjustment. :hehe:

PSRB
07-08-2016, 02:56 PM
Perhaps a little jiggy-jiggy?

Not again, no

Burney
07-08-2016, 02:57 PM
A full and excellent schedule, a. Wish mrs a many happy returns from us, of course.

I can heartily recommend this excellent Marylebone dinery https://www.fischers.co.uk/
]

You have to be careful with Finns, as I found out to my cost in the Granny Tunnels. :yikes:

Burney
07-08-2016, 02:57 PM
Not again, no

Still, it was nice of Sir C to offer, I thought.

SWv2
07-08-2016, 02:58 PM
Do they have a new singer, sw? They used to have that chap who sang while he danced and played the maracaras, I remember.

Nope, same chap, Ian Brown. Can not sing live for toffee, as such.

Drink only, no drugs, so I would notice. In the past I have been oblivious and been carried away in the euphoria.

In fact I am getting too old for outdoor gigs in general, and they are ****. **** them. Think I will stay in.

Pat Vegas
07-08-2016, 02:58 PM
I do love the way you appear to have gone from your wild 20s to stolid middle age with no apparent intervening period of adjustment. :hehe:

I know it surprises me too. 5 years ago I was just about to book my first Las Vegas trip wearing ill fitting strange design t-shirts.

Sir C
07-08-2016, 02:59 PM
Nope, same chap, Ian Brown. Can not sing live for toffee, as such.

Drink only, no drugs, so I would notice. In the past I have been oblivious and been carried away in the euphoria.

In fact I am getting too old for outdoor gigs in general, and they are ****. **** them. Think I will stay in.

:clap: That's the spirit sw! :curmudgeon:

SWv2

For undisturbed sleep I am sure it is recommended to stay clear of alcohol.

Sir C
Still, it was nice of Sir C to offer, I thought.

Yes, I thought that he might have been short of his oats recently, yet find my advances spurned :-(

Burney
07-08-2016, 03:00 PM
Yes, I thought that he might have been short of his oats recently, yet find my advances spurned :-(

Yes. Rather brusquely as well, I thought. No need for him to be rude imo.

SWv2
07-08-2016, 03:03 PM
:clap: That's the spirit sw! :curmudgeon:

What if it rains?

Sir C
07-08-2016, 03:05 PM
What if it rains?

Oh I quite agree. Indeed, some 3 years ago I even sacked off a Bruce gig due to pissing rain. I was booked to go again the following day, but still.

Burney
07-08-2016, 03:06 PM
Oh I quite agree. Indeed, some 3 years ago I even sacked off a Bruce gig due to pissing rain. I was booked to go again the following day, but still.

That seems an awfully cavalier way to treat New Jersey's answer to Bryan Adams imo. I thought you were more hardcore than that?

Ash
07-08-2016, 03:07 PM

I've always thought that about outdoor gigs. The sound, for a start, is better inside with a bit of natural reverb. Then there's the weather, the **** beer, the toilets, the crowds... ugh.

SWv2
07-08-2016, 03:07 PM

I was in the RDS for Neil Young a few years ago and it was ****ing grim, then last year in Kilmainham for Weller I had people, couples if you will, just “chatting” and having fun while the great man played, they were doing selfies and all.

It was a fine summer evening but still think I should have killed them.

Sir C
07-08-2016, 03:09 PM
That seems an awfully cavalier way to treat New Jersey's answer to Bryan Adams imo. I thought you were more hardcore than that?

I certainly used to be, of course. Now I'm just old and feeble.

The Groover from Vancouver, eh? Fine chap. Fan of the UK, I believe.

Pat Vegas
07-08-2016, 03:11 PM
I certainly used to be, of course. Now I'm just old and feeble.

The Groover from Vancouver, eh? Fine chap. Fan of the UK, I believe.

Didn't he buy the pub next to his house just to shut it down as it was too noisy. the Ironic chap.

barrybueno
07-08-2016, 09:17 PM
****ing pissing myself right now at this. As B says there' no transition. wd Fash :hehe:s