PDA

View Full Version : Hej Jorge! I ditched my 'droid and got an iPhone. It's ACE!

Ash
07-08-2016, 02:01 PM
Gonna buy a macbook and everything!

Billy Goat Sverige
07-08-2016, 02:02 PM
Gonna buy a macbook and everything!

I just upgraded my macbook and put an ssd in it and 8gb of RAM. It's even more ace now :cloud9:

Ash
07-08-2016, 02:15 PM
I just upgraded my macbook and put an ssd in it and 8gb of RAM. It's even more ace now :cloud9:

What's it like for gaming? Apart from Civ 5 which I know it runs because Jorge said so.

I was lying, btw.

Pat Vegas
07-08-2016, 02:18 PM
What's it like for gaming? Apart from Civ 5 which I know it runs because Jorge said so.

I was lying, btw.

Tell you what it is good for Mr Ash.

Music. I am able to record easy and have a variety of different effects. can put tracks together easy,
Good for practicing without need to use an amp.

Billy Goat Sverige
07-08-2016, 02:23 PM

I was lying, btw.

My one is **** (it has intel graphics). It can run old games at maybe medium/low settings but anything new it really struggles. The newer ones that use AMD graphics are better. I've just bought a new monitor, graphics card and SSD for my gaming rig. I got the new AMD RX 480 GPU and a FreeSync monitor. No more screen tearing :cloud9:

Ash
07-08-2016, 02:24 PM
Tell you what it is good for Mr Ash.

Music. I am able to record easy and have a variety of different effects. can put tracks together easy,
Good for practicing without need to use an amp.

You might have sold me there, Mr Vegas. :thumbup: I haven't treated myself to a luxury item since my last laptop maybe seven years ago!

Pat Vegas
07-08-2016, 02:24 PM
My one is **** (it has intel graphics). It can run old games at maybe medium/low settings but anything new it really struggles. The newer ones that use AMD graphics are better. I've just bought a new monitor, graphics card and SSD for my gaming rig. I got the new AMD RX 480 GPU and a FreeSync monitor. No more screen tearing :cloud9:

The thing I hate about my macbook is it's trivial sized hard drive.
I've got everything saving directly to my external drive now.

I want to set it so PHOTO is located on the hard drive but it says I have to format it in Mac lingo :furious: I hate the way it duplicates photos.

Ash
07-08-2016, 02:25 PM

The gaming box is a PC set up, I take it.

Pat Vegas
07-08-2016, 02:28 PM
You might have sold me there, Mr Vegas. :thumbup: I haven't treated myself to a luxury item since my last laptop maybe seven years ago!

I am sure there are just as good software for PC. But it comes with Garage band which is not bad for a start pretty much plug and play. You could put an entire track together yourself if needed.

I also use Guitar Rig 5 and Amplitube. they can be a bit fiddly to set up but fine once you work it out.

Also this is ace.
http://www.lindy.co.uk/cables-adapters-c1/music-c393/usb-guitar-cable-5m-p488

Billy Goat Sverige
07-08-2016, 02:28 PM
This is a PC set up, I take it.

Yeah. I built it about 5 years ago but haven't used it for about two years. Decided to upgrade it as i started getting the urge to play this new first person shooter called Overwatch. The baby goes to bed at 7pm now and sleeps through so i can get some gaming in of a night. It's probably just a phase.

Sir C
07-08-2016, 02:34 PM

If you check the Apple site you will find the option to buy a refurbished won. Jorge himself told me about this wonce. The prices seem awfully good.

Burney
07-08-2016, 02:36 PM
If you check the Apple site you will find the option to buy a refurbished won. Jorge himself told me about this wonce. The prices seem awfully good.

Previously loved? Does your very soul not rebel at the thought?

Pat Vegas
07-08-2016, 02:36 PM

I thought they are more dud returns that they fixed up.

Sir C
07-08-2016, 02:38 PM

I'm unlikely to take advantage personally, but I understand that that is simply a matter of my own peculiarity.

Mind you, I have been tempted by the previously-cherished watch shop at Bluewater. Some amazing prices on as-new quality timepieces, all with original boxes and paperwork. One day I may take the plunge.

Burney
07-08-2016, 02:46 PM
I'm unlikely to take advantage personally, but I understand that that is simply a matter of my own peculiarity.

Mind you, I have been tempted by the previously-cherished watch shop at Bluewater. Some amazing prices on as-new quality timepieces, all with original boxes and paperwork. One day I may take the plunge.

Surely you have enough watches? Do you not have a favourite? In which case, why would you ever wear any of the others?

I have my Omega Seamaster and that's it. I expect it will see me out.

Sir C
07-08-2016, 02:49 PM
Surely you have enough watches? Do you not have a favourite? In which case, why would you ever wear any of the others?

I have my Omega Seamaster and that's it. I expect it will see me out.

There are three or four more I would like to consider the collection complete; I yearn for an IWC Portuguese, for example, and a little corner of my heart would like a Breguet in honour of the doctor. And, of course, one day, if God is very good, a Patek Philippe.

Burney
07-08-2016, 02:53 PM
There are three or four more I would like to consider the collection complete; I yearn for an IWC Portuguese, for example, and a little corner of my heart would like a Breguet in honour of the doctor. And, of course, one day, if God is very good, a Patek Philippe.

Different ways of looking at things, I suppose. I think of my watch in roughly the same way I think of my wedding ring - it's my watch and it's sort of part of me. The idea of it as a fashion item never really occurs.

Sir C
07-08-2016, 02:55 PM
Different ways of looking at things, I suppose. I think of my watch in roughly the same way I think of my wedding ring - it's my watch and it's sort of part of me. The idea of it as a fashion item never really occurs.

'Fashion item'?

**** off.

Burney
07-08-2016, 02:58 PM
'Fashion item'?

**** off.

I honestly meant no slight by the description. :shrug:

Sir C
07-08-2016, 03:02 PM
I honestly meant no slight by the description. :shrug:

It is an offensive term, though. You wouldn't describe a chap's collection of rennaisance art as 'fashion items', would you? A gentleman's car collection? Tom Travers' silver cow creamers?

Burney
07-08-2016, 03:03 PM
It is an offensive term, though. You wouldn't describe a chap's collection of rennaisance art as 'fashion items', would you? A gentleman's car collection? Tom Travers' silver cow creamers?

No, but those aren't things one wears. A watch is a wearable item and is therefore as prone to fashion as any other item of apparel.

Ash
07-08-2016, 03:13 PM
No, but those aren't things one wears. A watch is a wearable item and is therefore as prone to fashion as any other item of apparel.

One does wear a car, in a sense.

Burney
07-08-2016, 03:21 PM
One does wear a car, in a sense.

In a very strange and not really accurate sense of the word 'wear', yes.

Ash
07-08-2016, 03:27 PM
In a very strange and not really accurate sense of the word 'wear', yes.

Where is your sense of poetry and metaphor? People wear nice clothes to look good. People wear nice cars to look good.

barrybueno
07-08-2016, 09:07 PM
:clap: best 'lets get J back ever' B ain't gonna like this son...