PDA

View Full Version : So Euros, football, tonight’s game.

SWv2
07-07-2016, 03:31 PM
Ozil, Kroos, Muller, Draxler / Pogba, Griezmann, Matuidi, Payet.

Marvellous.

Given how you Brits openly dislike both Germans and the French who are you cheering for?

Allez les Bleus.

Sir C
07-07-2016, 03:36 PM

Marvellous.

Given how you Brits openly dislike both Germans and the French who are you cheering for?

Allez les Bleus.

I haven't been impressed with Kroos, Muller, Draxler, Pogba or Matuidi.

Obviously one wishes for 'whoever Germany is playing' to win; this is only natural and right. However, the thought of all those happy frogs is somewhat upsetting.

On balance, I should like them both to lose.

Burney
07-07-2016, 03:39 PM

Marvellous.

Allez les Bleus.

I think recent form (i.e. since 1914) dictates that, where it comes down to an off between these two parties, we tend to favour the frogs.

Burney
07-07-2016, 03:40 PM

Obviously one wishes for 'whoever Germany is playing' to win; this is only natural and right. However, the thought of all those happy frogs is somewhat upsetting.

The Germans seem smugly certain that they are going to win the whole ****ing thing, so I should very much like it if they didn't.

7sisters
07-07-2016, 03:43 PM

Frankly, I'm shocked that Maureen is trying to prise him away from Juve with an offer of £100m :yikes:
How sick must the OT directors feel, knowing he was once one of their own.

SWv2
07-07-2016, 03:44 PM

You are nothing short of an ageing killjoy hair dying *******s to be frank and I mean that in no way offensive..

While they may not have set this tournament alight Kroos is one of my favourite midfield footballers in the world, the basic simplicity with which he plays the game. Pogba I love to watch due to the languid manner in which he strolls around a football pitch with the appearance of one who does not give a *******s, yet normally is very much in control. In short, I love him.

Muller has been ****e (so far).

Ash
07-07-2016, 04:02 PM

Marvellous.

Allez les Bleus.

I dislike neither, in fact they are two of my favourite international teams.

France have two gunners to Germany's one though, so Allez, as you say, les Bleus.

Sir C
07-07-2016, 04:04 PM
You are nothing short of an ageing killjoy hair dying *******s to be frank and I mean that in no way offensive..

While they may not have set this tournament alight Kroos is one of my favourite midfield footballers in the world, the basic simplicity with which he plays the game. Pogba I love to watch due to the languid manner in which he strolls around a football pitch with the appearance of one who does not give a *******s, yet normally is very much in control. In short, I love him.

Muller has been ****e (so far).

I wonder if we might clarify a small point?

I don't dye my hair. I have never dyed my hair, unless you count that unfortunate incident in the 80s when I had a small silver streak in the front. Otherwise, no dye.

Thank you.

SWv2
07-07-2016, 04:05 PM

France have two gunners to Germany's one though, so Allez, as you say, les Bleus.

A simplistic yet logical way of picking sides.

Wd A.

Though, Mirror**** over Ozil?

:shudder:

SWv2
07-07-2016, 04:07 PM
I wonder if we might clarify a small point?

I don't dye my hair. I have never dyed my hair, unless you count that unfortunate incident in the 80s when I had a small silver streak in the front. Otherwise, no dye.

Thank you.

Hmm, I was led to believe you did dye your hair so it appears I have been misled and apologise.

I suppose you don’t drink white wine either?

Poove.

Sir C
07-07-2016, 04:07 PM

Germans, a. They bombed our chippy, for God's sake.

Never Forget.

Burney
07-07-2016, 04:08 PM
I can attest to this. I've seen a professional handle your hair and there was no dyeing involved.

Sir C
07-07-2016, 04:09 PM
Hmm, I was led to believe you did dye your hair so it appears I have been misled and apologise.

I suppose you don’t drink white wine either?

Poove.

You have indeed been misled, although I am surprised that a chap of your advanced age would be so easily taken in by the ravings of the criminally jealous. Never mind, I accept your apology.

I have enjoyed a glass of white wine on occasion, and generally feel that a day without champagne is like a day without sunshine.

What. Of. It?

Sir C
07-07-2016, 04:10 PM
I can attest to this. I've seen a professional handle your hair and there was no dyeing involved.

ty, b. I need to go and see him again soon, actually.

Burney
07-07-2016, 04:12 PM
Ah, yes. Lovely fellow. I fear he may be an homosexualist, of course. NTTAWWI

SWv2
07-07-2016, 04:13 PM
You have indeed been misled, although I am surprised that a chap of your advanced age would be so easily taken in by the ravings of the criminally jealous. Never mind, I accept your apology.

I have enjoyed a glass of white wine on occasion, and generally feel that a day without champagne is like a day without sunshine.

What. Of. It?

I quite like champagne as it goes. Are you ever of a mind to take it with Guinness? Your head will hurt next day I tell you.

Sir C
07-07-2016, 04:14 PM
Ah, yes. Lovely fellow. I fear he may be an homosexualist, of course. NTTAWWI

Amazingly, he isn't. During my last sojourn in the chair he spoke at length about his girlfriend and his occasional extra-curricular indicretions with the trainee and work experience girls in the salon, who are easy meat as they are 'naive'.

I did wonder whether 'naive', in this instance, was a euphemism for 'children'.

Sir C
07-07-2016, 04:15 PM
I quite like champagne as it goes. Are you ever of a mind to take it with Guinness? Your head will hurt next day I tell you.

It's marvellous with oysters, Black Velvet, but simply MUST be supped from a pewter jug.

And yes, it ****s you right up.

Ash
07-07-2016, 04:16 PM
A simplistic yet logical way of picking sides.

Wd A.

Though, Mirror**** over Ozil?

:shudder:

Yeah, there is that. :-|

I shall be happy whoever wins.

Ash
07-07-2016, 04:20 PM
Germans, a. They bombed our chippy, for God's sake.

Never Forget.

And my grandfather put the fire out. Forgiveness is important, though. It's not as if they're still trying to turn Europe into a Teutonic-led superstate.

Oh.

Burney
07-07-2016, 04:21 PM
Good God! I could have sworn he was of the sodomitical persuasion. I suppose it's like actors with hairdressers, though: you go a bit camp because every other bloke you work with is a screamer.

barrybueno
07-07-2016, 07:07 PM
As long as the winners trounce Portugal in the final I don't care v2...

Ash
07-07-2016, 07:29 PM
As long as the winners trounce Portugal in the final I don't care v2...

Yes, but you supported Portugal against the boyos, so if Portugal win it's ALL your fault.

barrybueno
07-07-2016, 07:55 PM
ABW Ash my friend... They had me worried I'll admit.