PDA

View Full Version : Hold on, Olympics this summer? :yikes:

Sir C
07-07-2016, 03:07 PM
That means horse dancing and chaps jumping into the water. Also running and throwing spears.

I can hardly wait.

Burney
07-07-2016, 03:10 PM
That means horse dancing and chaps jumping into the water. Also running and throwing spears.

I can hardly wait.

I didn't watch it when it was on in my own city. I'm ****ed if I'll watch it when it's in Bongo-bongo land or wherever it is.

SWv2
07-07-2016, 03:11 PM

I can hardly wait.

Golf also. Olympic Golf.

Rory McIlroy pulled out due to the Zika virus.

I don't understand the Olympics anymore.

Burney
07-07-2016, 03:13 PM
Golf also. Olympic Golf.

Zika virus? Is that the one where your babies come out looking like Alex Oxlade Chamberlain?

If they're letting golf in, it can't be long before we get cricket back in, surely?

SWv2
07-07-2016, 03:16 PM
Zika virus? Is that the one where your babies come out looking like Alex Oxlade Chamberlain?

If they're letting golf in, it can't be long before we get cricket back in, surely?

We both know that cricket only exists at a test level in order to facilitate the Ashes series every few years.

World Cup? Do **** off.

Summer test victory over Sri Lanka / India / whoever, nice but hardly one to get over excited about.

20/20, scorned.

County series. For perverts.

Burney
07-07-2016, 03:17 PM
We both know that cricket only exists at a test level in order to facilitate the Ashes series every few years.

World Cup? Do **** off.

Summer test victory over Sri Lanka / India / whoever, nice but hardly one to get over excited about.

20/20, scorned.

County series. For perverts.

Oh, they'd do a T20 version. Would take too long otherwise. Would be better than golf.

Sir C
07-07-2016, 03:19 PM
I didn't watch it when it was on in my own city. I'm ****ed if I'll watch it when it's in Bongo-bongo land or wherever it is.

I rather enjoyed the few bits I saw when it was in London. Mo Farah doing his thing, that rather attractive lady from Sheffield, Jessica Anus or something, you know. It was a moment of optimism amidst the gloom, I thought.

Sir C
07-07-2016, 03:20 PM
Golf also. Olympic Golf.

As you know, I reject sweeping generalisations and the dismissal of others' opinions, interests and pleasures absolutely.

Golfists, however, are entirely wrong.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
07-07-2016, 03:22 PM

Using the term Bongo-bongo land says a great deal about the type of person you are. Everyone knows it's Wogga-wogga-bongo land - show some respect.

Burney
07-07-2016, 03:22 PM
I rather enjoyed the few bits I saw when it was in London. Mo Farah doing his thing, that rather attractive lady from Sheffield, Jessica Anus or something, you know. It was a moment of optimism amidst the gloom, I thought.

Oh, I just find it all a bit tiresome, really. Perhaps the problem is that I think of it as sport rather than as entertainment. As sport, it's rubbish, but taken purely as a distraction I suppose it would be OK.

Besides, I was put off by the rampant communist propaganda that was the Opening Ceremony. They had Shami Chakhrabarti in it, ffs! :shout:

SWv2
07-07-2016, 03:24 PM

The opening ceremony was good - Underworld, **** Buttons.

Burney
07-07-2016, 03:24 PM
As you know, I reject sweeping generalisations and the dismissal of others' opinions, interests and pleasures absolutely.

Golfists, however, are entirely wrong.

You must see them out there every day in their unpleasant trousers and polo shirts. :-( It's bound to make you take agin them.

Burney
07-07-2016, 03:25 PM
The opening ceremony was good - Underworld, **** Buttons.

Communist.

Sir C
07-07-2016, 03:25 PM
Oh, I just find it all a bit tiresome, really. Perhaps the problem is that I think of it as sport rather than as entertainment. As sport, it's rubbish, but taken purely as a distraction I suppose it would be OK.

Besides, I was put off by the rampant communist propaganda that was the Opening Ceremony. They had Shami Chakhrabarti in it, ffs! :shout:

Yes, I watched the opening ceremnoy in France and it very much made me want the whole thing to fall on its arse.

Pat Vegas
07-07-2016, 03:27 PM

I can hardly wait.

Sir C it has arrived :cloud9:

I am like a kid waiting for Christmas now. need to go home and open it immediately.

Burney
07-07-2016, 03:27 PM
Yes, I watched the opening ceremnoy in France and it very much made me want the whole thing to fall on its arse.

I, too, was in France for a portion of it. They seemed oddly obsessed with handball, which is a very silly game indeed.

Sir C
07-07-2016, 03:29 PM
Sir C it has arrived :cloud9:

I am like a kid waiting for Christmas now. need to go home and open it immediately.

Marvellous. Exciting stuff indeed. What will you play first? Post a video perhaps.

SWv2
Communist.

It was uplifitng and joyous. The marching around behind flags was not cool but I am open minded enough to look beyond that, you are clearly not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQZo2rsReEM

Pat Vegas
I, too, was in France for a portion of it. They seemed oddly obsessed with handball, which is a very silly game indeed.

I think people abroad seemed more interested in it when it was in London.
anytime I would go away people would ask me about it. In particular Americans.

Pat Vegas
07-07-2016, 03:30 PM
Marvellous. Exciting stuff indeed. What will you play first? Post a video perhaps.

I may have to learn something new for a video. I am a bit rusty.
Maybe I'll do the solo from Whole lotta love.

Sir C
07-07-2016, 03:32 PM
You must see them out there every day in their unpleasant trousers and polo shirts. :-( It's bound to make you take agin them.

Oh, I never look in that direction. Lord, no.

Burney
07-07-2016, 03:36 PM
It was uplifitng and joyous. The marching around behind flags was not cool but I am open minded enough to look beyond that, you are clearly not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQZo2rsReEM

:hehe: You'll have to forgive me, sw, but I find it hard to believe that anything short of a wheelbarrow full of ecstasy could make you 'uplifted and joyous'.

Burney
07-07-2016, 03:38 PM
Oh, I never look in that direction. Lord, no.

Why do they have to dress like that? Where in the Royal & Ancient's rules does it say that dressing like a prize **** is a strict necessity?

SWv2
07-07-2016, 03:39 PM
:hehe: You'll have to forgive me, sw, but I find it hard to believe that anything short of a wheelbarrow full of ecstasy could make you 'uplifted and joyous'.

Yes, myself and two chums went along to see the oddly name act ‘live’ in the Button Factory about 2 years ago. Blimey.

I wasn’t right until about Tuesday. The Sunday afternoon trip to the park with the kids was a ****ing ordeal.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
07-07-2016, 03:53 PM
I may have to learn something new for a video. I am a bit rusty.
Maybe I'll do the solo from Whole lotta love.

Can you seriously pull that off Fash?

Pat Vegas
07-07-2016, 04:00 PM
Can you seriously pull that off Fash?

I haven't tried it yet but I think I will be able too. I saw a video on youtube that breaks it down very nicely. Chris Zoupa.

Not a queen fan but I was surprised how easy it was to learn the solo from Bohemian Rhapsody.

marrcena
07-25-2016, 06:31 AM
And prepare for the mosquitoes and rubbery! I'd just do exercises at home then, which is a kind of support.