PDA

View Full Version : 1st world dilema.

Pat Vegas
07-06-2016, 09:27 AM
If you wanted to make a purchase.

You can buy it brand new for a certain price but only comes with a gigbag
Or you can get a 'as new' one on ebay that's £20 cheaper but comes with proper gibson hardcase which would cost probably £150 on it's own.

Which won?

Sir C
07-06-2016, 09:30 AM
If you wanted to make a purchase.

You can buy it brand new for a certain price but only comes with a gigbag
Or you can get a 'as new' one on ebay that's £20 cheaper but comes with proper gibson hardcase which would cost probably £150 on it's own.

Which won?

The 'previously cherished' one, with the case. Easy.

Which model are we talking?

Pat Vegas
07-06-2016, 09:33 AM
The 'previously cherished' one, with the case. Easy.

Which model are we talking?

Nothing too fancy. Ebony Gibson Les Paul studio

https://content.andertons.co.uk/2/1/images/catalog/i/xxld_94173-HLPSTFOSECH1_front.jpg

Sir C
07-06-2016, 09:36 AM
Nothing too fancy. Ebony Gibson Les Paul studio

https://content.andertons.co.uk/2/1/images/catalog/i/xxld_94173-HLPSTFOSECH1_front.jpg

Nice. My black LP standard is my favourite guitar.

Pat Vegas
07-06-2016, 09:38 AM
Nice. My black LP standard is my favourite guitar.

It's strange all of a sudden I like that colour.

I was looking through all the different bursts they do. I would like one day to get a lemonburst or iced tea LP. But the reviews on the 2016 models are really good. Gibson upped their game after the last few years. Glad they got rid of the silly tuners and that weird nut they put on the 2015 models.

This will be my workhorse.

SWv2
07-06-2016, 09:40 AM
I would have thought that with any purchase if you can afford brand new, and the item in question is not vintage or deadstock or whatever the appropriate term is (i.e. still commonly available), then why go second hand?

Pat Vegas
07-06-2016, 09:42 AM
I would have thought that with any purchase if you can afford brand new, and the item in question is not vintage or deadstock or whatever the appropriate term is (i.e. still commonly available), then why go second hand?

Well the thing here is I would want to buy a case anyway. So I can save a bit on that. And even thought it's 2nd hand it's not very old as it's this years model.