PDA

View Full Version : Why won't anyone join us? Vardy, Mkhitarayn etc. Why don't they like us? Bottom

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
07-05-2016, 02:03 AM
line - we can't get better is players don't want to join.

We kept all that money in the bank and now, cos of the TV deal, prices have gone up 2x so our savings are worth half as much in real terms.

Suddenly, spending £55m on Suarez or £45m on Higuain {had those deals been poss} would have looked like good buys.

Ok, Olly and Rambo have looked ok at the Euros. Maybe Olly will become the 30 a season striker we need. {Though with Welbz out, we have no cover.}

And maybe Xhaka's signing will mean that Rambo can play between him and Ozzy and do as well in terms of goals as he did that half season when he played between MA8 and Ozzy.

And then maybe Santi could move out to the right and still score as many as in his first season, still create as many, still be involved as much while still being the Parlour/Freddie L that allowed us to have a wide left striker and a wide right MF when we used to win leagues.

But I feel I'm clutching at straws.

Why don't these ****s want to join us?

Mu granddad had season tickets he passed to dad. I've supported us all my life and first watched us on telly in the '78 cup final when I was almost 7. So these ****s should be paying to join us to make me happy. Who the **** do they think they are?

7sisters
07-05-2016, 07:59 AM
No glamour :shrug: The old man's 84 and probably dribbling into his muesli with the nurse standing by to wipe his chin this morning, while Jose skipped out of his Maserati with some posh, knightsbridge totty as the sun was coming up, barking orders at his agents to spend, spend, spend !

Luis Anaconda
07-05-2016, 08:01 AM
line - we can't get better is players don't want to join.

We kept all that money in the bank and now, cos of the TV deal, prices have gone up 2x so our savings are worth half as much in real terms.

Suddenly, spending £55m on Suarez or £45m on Higuain {had those deals been poss} would have looked like good buys.

Ok, Olly and Rambo have looked ok at the Euros. Maybe Olly will become the 30 a season striker we need. {Though with Welbz out, we have no cover.}

And maybe Xhaka's signing will mean that Rambo can play between him and Ozzy and do as well in terms of goals as he did that half season when he played between MA8 and Ozzy.

And then maybe Santi could move out to the right and still score as many as in his first season, still create as many, still be involved as much while still being the Parlour/Freddie L that allowed us to have a wide left striker and a wide right MF when we used to win leagues.

But I feel I'm clutching at straws.

Why don't these ****s want to join us?

Mu granddad had season tickets he passed to dad. I've supported us all my life and first watched us on telly in the '78 cup final when I was almost 7. So these ****s should be paying to join us to make me happy. Who the **** do they think they are?
I take it this post was written after a few drinks?

7sisters
07-05-2016, 08:22 AM
I take it this post was written after a few drinks?

Clutching at bar stools on his way to the floor.
A short sighted elderly bloke with a regular rendez vous with the scotch was seen regularly performing this act at a pub I used to frequent. The juggler, is what they affectionately called him, although this was probably more GG's era tbh.

Luis Anaconda
07-05-2016, 08:29 AM
Clutching at bar stools on his way to the floor.
A short sighted elderly bloke with a regular rendez vous with the scotch was seen regularly performing this act at a pub I used to frequent. The juggler, is what they affectionately called him, although this was probably more GG's era tbh.

We've all been there, 7

Billy Goat Sverige
07-05-2016, 09:21 AM
Raiola to make fortunes as Mendes did before him.

Rich
07-05-2016, 09:29 AM
Raiola to make fortunes as Mendes did before him.

I see that massive black defender from Napoli is off to Chelsea.

He does have a point, imo. Why do all of our rivals seem to find signing players so easy while we strain and struggle to get anything over the line.

Which striker do you fancy? I'm thinking Higuain might be the most likely.

Luis Anaconda
07-05-2016, 09:36 AM
I see that massive black defender from Napoli is off to Chelsea.

He does have a point, imo. Why do all of our rivals seem to find signing players so easy while we strain and struggle to get anything over the line.

Possibly because like you've done there you consider a deal by another club as done even though it clearly isn't yet, but Arsenal transfers seem to "drag on" because you won't consider it a done deal until announced on Arsenal.com (obviously not just you)

SWv2
07-05-2016, 12:33 PM
Far too early to be stressing about **** like this.

SWv2
07-05-2016, 12:35 PM

God only knows why I am even bothering, but what would make you think Higuain to be "likely".

Tony C
07-05-2016, 04:14 PM
Our philosophy needs to change to match the new pricing of players today.

You go fkin Watford rejecting £30m bids for their players...it's insane.

I think it's far more likely we will stay true to who we are and look for bargains like Ozil, Alexis and Xhaka rather than go crazy...

Vardy at £20m is evidence of this pattern of behaviour...

Tony C
07-05-2016, 04:16 PM
By the way...Morata can go f himself...seriously...

It was always going to be a war vs the Italian back 3 but he had 1 chance...and simple header after he'd finally eluded Chelinni but he completely bottled it.

No thanks.

For £60m that's going into the back of the net and he's leading Spain in the quarters....no thanks.