PDA

View Full Version : Robin van Persie. Could he and Theo offer competition to Giroud?

Rich
07-04-2016, 01:46 PM
Seems to tick many boxes. Short term solution until Danny W is back. Would be cheap. Knows Arsene and our style of play.

Then once Welbeck is back at the end of this coming season, the three of them should be able to perform adequately until such time as someone like Akpom/Asano can join the first team.

eastgermanautos
07-04-2016, 01:48 PM
He's completely done. If you don't believe me, look at the fortunes of the Dutch team. No, he's betrayed us for his twenty pieces of silver and now that'll be his eternal soul, smirched to the blackest hue.

Burney
07-04-2016, 01:49 PM
He's completely done. If you don't believe me, look at the fortunes of the Dutch team. No, he's betrayed us for his twenty pieces of silver and now that'll be his eternal soul, smirched to the blackest hue.

I'm pretty sure the going rate is 30 pieces of silver. He should sack his agent.

Pokster
07-04-2016, 01:50 PM
Seems to tick many boxes. Short term solution until Danny W is back. Would be cheap. Knows Arsene and our style of play.

Then once Welbeck is back at the end of this coming season, the three of them should be able to perform adequately until such time as someone like Akpom/Asano can join the first team.

**** me, are we going for the very cheap **** option? If we don't sign a decent striker I would be gobsmacked and would happily lead the Wenger out chants (from my sofa or course)

Rich
07-04-2016, 01:50 PM

I'm not sure that's fair. Can't knock a man for wanting to look after his family and winning some pots at the same time. Most of us would do the same.

Given the lack of value in the striker market at the moment (Deeney for £30million) it would seem a good value and likely piece of business to me.

Rich
07-04-2016, 01:52 PM
**** me, are we going for the very cheap **** option? If we don't sign a decent striker I would be gobsmacked and would happily lead the Wenger out chants (from my sofa or course)

I think '****' is harsh. 14 goals in 29 games last season.

Sir C
07-04-2016, 01:52 PM

There aren't any decent strikers around in Europe at the moment. There's a decent French lad who seems to be dragging them towards the European Championships, maybe we could try to, oh.

Rich
07-04-2016, 01:55 PM
There aren't any decent strikers around in Europe at the moment. There's a decent French lad who seems to be dragging them towards the European Championships, maybe we could try to, oh.

Greizmann :cloud9:

Sir C
07-04-2016, 02:00 PM
Greizmann :cloud9:

If you're that admiring of the bloke you might do him the basic courtesy of spelling his ****ing name right.

Tony C
07-04-2016, 02:03 PM
good god

Rich
07-04-2016, 02:08 PM
good god

Well if we don't have the budget to be signing a superstar then we can't exactly make do with Giroud and Theo for a season, can we?

SWv2
07-04-2016, 02:19 PM
Well if we don't have the budget to be signing a superstar then we can't exactly make do with Giroud and Theo for a season, can we?

I expect what we are missing is the will to sign a superstar, or perhaps simply the opening in which to do so.

The budget is not an issue.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-04-2016, 03:05 PM
I assume the original post is a wind-up.

Van Persie should not be allowed back into our stadium even as a spectator.

With Giroud and the new Japanese wunderkind we do not need an aged wretch like him.

SWv2
07-04-2016, 03:13 PM

Of course it is a wind-up, witness the ****ing idiot who created the scenario.

Rich
07-04-2016, 03:19 PM

Van Persie should not be allowed back into our stadium even as a spectator.

With Giroud and the new Japanese wunderkind we do not need an aged wretch like him.

The media seem to be giving it some credence. Football is no place to hold a grudge. All professionals.

It wouldn't be my number one option, but I can think of worse.