PDA

View Full Version : Gove's register has become increasingly alarming.

7sisters
07-04-2016, 12:57 PM
Since this whole brexit thing, his tone has become hushed with a softened yet breathy air of a bloke in a mac proffering bon bons at the school gates.
I don't care much for any of these Tory candidates; even the bookies favourite looks to be teetering on the brink of chemotherapy.
Just not Gove.. Anyone but him really.

Ash
07-04-2016, 01:03 PM
If he's talking differently it's probably because he has been advised to do so by someone like this:

http://www.postavy.cz/foto/stewart-pearson-foto.jpg

Burney
07-04-2016, 01:09 PM
Since this whole brexit thing, his tone has become hushed with a softened yet breathy air of a bloke in a mac proffering bon bons at the school gates.
I don't care much for any of these Tory candidates; even the bookies favourite looks to be teetering on the brink of chemotherapy.
Just not Gove.. Anyone but him really.

Gove would be the most able, but the least electable. Boris would have been the least able, but the most electable. May is a bit less able than Gove, but a lot more electable. She is also a lot more able than Boris and only a bit less electable.

I'm not really sure why the others are even bothering.

7sisters
07-04-2016, 01:10 PM
If he's talking differently it's probably because he has been advised to do so by someone like this:

http://www.postavy.cz/foto/stewart-pearson-foto.jpg

Or perhaps this bloke..
Which could explain quite a lot.

http://www.conservativehome.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Screen-shot-2014-05-11-at-08.47.16.png

Luis Anaconda
07-04-2016, 01:12 PM
Gove would be the most able, but the least electable. Boris would have been the least able, but the most electable. May is a bit less able than Gove, but a lot more electable. She is also a lot more able than Boris and only a bit less electable.

I'm not really sure why the others are even bothering.

:nod: Gove would be like a Tory Miliband - he's just a bit freaky. Could never make his mind up on headline and coverlines either

Burney
07-04-2016, 01:13 PM
Or perhaps this bloke..
Which could explain quite a lot.

http://www.conservativehome.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Screen-shot-2014-05-11-at-08.47.16.png

Pointing out the aesthetic shortcomings or personality defects of the sort of people who go into politics is shooting fish in a barrel, 7s. If they weren't weird, they wouldn't be doing it.

Burney
07-04-2016, 01:18 PM
:nod: Gove would be like a Tory Miliband - he's just a bit freaky. Could never make his mind up on headline and coverlines either

Yes. I fear that Mr Gove is about to discover that the tory party tends to be singularly ruthless in its choice of leaders, with the single question 'Will they win elections?' overriding any other concerns.

Ash
07-04-2016, 01:19 PM

Maybe the indecision is because he's thoughtful. I hear he's one of the few politicians of genuine principle there are. Corbz, for example, has certainly blown his claim to be in that small group.

Gove should certainly be central to the negotiations.

Burney
07-04-2016, 01:23 PM
Maybe the indecision is because he's thoughtful. I hear he's one of the few politicians of genuine principle there are. Corbz, for example, has certainly blown his claim to be in that small group.

Oh, he is. And I happen to think his work at education deserves enormous credit. I agree he should be central to negotiations, but I'm afraid what matters is winning the next election and I don't think he can do that (unless Corbyn magically hangs on for another few years).

Sir C
07-04-2016, 01:34 PM

I meant to ask this of you, a. Given your previous stated admiration for Corbyn's integrity, do you feel somewhat betrayed now that he appears to be an dreadful anti-semite and all-round hypocrite, or do you think he has been royally stitched up by the press?

Luis Anaconda
07-04-2016, 01:36 PM
Yes. I fear that Mr Gove is about to discover that the tory party tends to be singularly ruthless in its choice of leaders, with the single question 'Will they win elections?' overriding any other concerns.

And they quite often go for a surprise candidate - which frightens me a tad

Luis Anaconda
07-04-2016, 01:38 PM

Ah - I wished I tried that line when production were phoning up demanding we send the pages as the press was running and the lorries had the engines started. "I'm sorry - Mr Gove is being thoughtful"

Burney
07-04-2016, 01:47 PM
And they quite often go for a surprise candidate - which frightens me a tad

Hopefully, the mad Christian woman and the other Christy one with a weird beard can be discounted. That just leaves Liam Fox - he of the very close personal friend. :hehe:

Sir C
07-04-2016, 01:50 PM
Hopefully, the mad Christian woman and the other Christy one with a weird beard can be discounted. That just leaves Liam Fox - he of the very close personal friend. :hehe:

Crabb? Is he a religious type? :-(

I thought he seemed rather sensible.

Burney
07-04-2016, 01:56 PM
Crabb? Is he a religious type? :-(

I thought he seemed rather sensible.

Yup. He's basically a fundamentalist who believes you can cure gayness. He's also Welsh and owns a beard. :judge:

Sir C
07-04-2016, 01:58 PM
Yup. He's basically a fundamentalist who believes you can cure gayness. He's also Welsh and owns a beard. :judge:

Hmm. He may be right on the gaying issue, of course. I mean, who's to say that it couldn't be dealt with by means of, I don't know, psychotherapy? Aversion therapy?

Other than that he sounds like a complete wrong 'un, of course.

Burney
07-04-2016, 02:05 PM
Hmm. He may be right on the gaying issue, of course. I mean, who's to say that it couldn't be dealt with by means of, I don't know, psychotherapy? Aversion therapy?

Other than that he sounds like a complete wrong 'un, of course.

I think they've tried aversion therapy. But I'm not sure that putting someone off gaying is the same thing as making them straight.

Ash
07-04-2016, 02:13 PM
I meant to ask this of you, a. Given your previous stated admiration for Corbyn's integrity, do you feel somewhat betrayed now that he appears to be an dreadful anti-semite and all-round hypocrite, or do you think he has been royally stitched up by the press?

I had previously disagreed with his position on Israel, but reluctantly recognised that it is basically canon-law for leftists of a certain DNA. Opposition to the actions of the Israeli government do not, of course automatically make someone a Joo-hater, but the one-sidedness that surrounds the whole debate around that country (and other 'pariah' states) does suggest that some pre-judgement may well be operating somewhere.

On Europe, he has clearly ditched his principle for expediency. In retrospect this looks like a bad move, and perhaps he would have been truer had he not got slaughtered by almost the whole of the political and media establishment for everything he did and said since becoming leader. Despite this he is still more honest than the Blairites, who have been lying for decades about which party they should be in.

In short, yes, I am disappoint, but will not join in the stoning to which he has been subjected.

Sir C
07-04-2016, 02:13 PM
I think they've tried aversion therapy. But I'm not sure that putting someone off gaying is the same thing as making them straight.

Well if a chap is putting his peter in another man's dung no more, it's a step in the right direction, at the very least.

Burney
07-04-2016, 02:18 PM
I had previously disagreed with his position on Israel, but reluctantly recognised that it is basically canon-law for leftists of a certain DNA. Opposition to the actions of the Israeli government do not, of course automatically make someone a Joo-hater, but the one-sidedness that surrounds the whole debate around that country (and other 'pariah' states) does suggest that some pre-judgement may well be operating somewhere.

On Europe, he has clearly ditched his principle for expediency. In retrospect this looks like a bad move, and perhaps he would have been truer had he not got slaughtered by almost the whole of the political and media establishment for everything he did and said since becoming leader. Despite this he is still more honest than the Blairites, who have been lying for decades about which party they should be in.

In short, yes, I am disappoint, but will not join in the stoning to which he has been subjected.

Yes. I increasingly think he missed a golden opportunity to wrong-foot the PLP by backing Leave. It would have taken massive balls, but it would have put him on the same side as the people he was supposed to win back to the party.

Sir C
07-04-2016, 02:26 PM

I am sorry, a. This must have been a painful time.

Decent life lesson, mind. "Trust no ****."