PDA

View Full Version : While it's all very nice, it's time someone put a stop to to this Welsh nonsense

Burney
07-04-2016, 08:28 AM
It doesn't do to encourage the Welsh to think of themselves as anything other than the deformed and retarded youngest sibling of the British family and this sort of run in a major football tournament is only going to give them ideas above their station. They need a humiliating drubbing to put them back in their place, I'm afraid.

Sir C
07-04-2016, 08:30 AM
It doesn't do to encourage the Welsh to think of themselves as anything other than the deformed and retarded youngest sibling of the British family and this sort of run in a major football tournament is only going to give them ideas above their station. They need a humiliating drubbing to put them back in their place, I'm afraid.

Sadly, Portugal are capable of being really quite poor. I can see the welshers giving them a game.

Pokster
07-04-2016, 08:34 AM
Sadly, Portugal are capable of being really quite poor. I can see the welshers giving them a game.

And it would be very nice to see preening Ronaldo looking all upset

Burney
07-04-2016, 08:34 AM

Yes. This is my feeling as well. Mind you, surely Ronaldo will raise his game against he who consumes the berries of the plant Musa acuminata with his pedal extremities?

Luis Anaconda
07-04-2016, 08:38 AM

Remind them they are a rugby nation - and look at recent results

Sir C
07-04-2016, 08:38 AM
Yes. This is my feeling as well. Mind you, surely Ronaldo will raise his game against he who consumes the berries of the plant Musa acuminata with his pedal extremities?

One would imagine so.

I don't understand why the simian-looking one boils my piss so very severely, but he really, really, does. The sight of him has me instantly enraged. As far as I know, the poor chap has never done anything to me.

Burney
07-04-2016, 08:41 AM
One would imagine so.

I don't understand why the simian-looking one boils my piss so very severely, but he really, really, does. The sight of him has me instantly enraged. As far as I know, the poor chap has never done anything to me.

I think the combination of being really rather good and playing for Spurs is a hard one to forgive or forget. He could give all his money away and devote the rest of his life to rescuing tiny, fluffy kittens and I'd still think he was a ****. :shrug:

Burney
07-04-2016, 08:41 AM
Remind them they are a rugby nation - and look at recent results

I'm hoping the fact that they will be without Ramsey will **** them, tbh.

Sir C
07-04-2016, 08:43 AM
I think the combination of being really rather good and playing for Spurs is a hard one to forgive or forget. He could give all his money away and devote the rest of his life to rescuing tiny, fluffy kittens and I'd still think he was a ****. :shrug:

I suppose that's it, yes. The odour of Spurs still hangs around him like, well, a bad smell.

Burney
07-04-2016, 08:46 AM
I suppose that's it, yes. The odour of Spurs still hangs around him like, well, a bad smell.

Mind you, he probably would be quite good at rescuing kittens, what with his prehensile feet and ability to climb trees.

Luis Anaconda
07-04-2016, 08:47 AM
I'm hoping the fact that they will be without Ramsey will **** them, tbh.

Yep - will be a big blow. Particularly as he replacement appears to be some sort of Charlie Drake tribute act

Mo Britain less Europe
07-04-2016, 08:53 AM
Sour as your collective grapes might be, they will be even sourer when the boyos hit the final.

Burney
07-04-2016, 08:55 AM
Sour as your collective grapes might be, they will be even sourer when the boyos hit the final.

Why would my grapes be sour? I hold absolutely no brief for any international team. :shrug:

Mo Britain less Europe
07-04-2016, 08:57 AM
Why would my grapes be sour? I hold absolutely no brief for any international team. :shrug:

Only you can explain that, it may have nothing to do with football. But it's there in your posts on this thread I'm afraid.

Burney
07-04-2016, 09:05 AM
Only you can explain that, it may have nothing to do with football. But it's there in your posts on this thread I'm afraid.

Sour grapes would imply that I am in some way envious or jealous of Wales' success. I am not. I simply do not approve of it going any further.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-04-2016, 09:06 AM
Sour grapes would imply that I am in some way envious or jealous of Wales' success. I am not. I simply do not approve of it going any further.

Because you're envious of it.

Burney
07-04-2016, 09:11 AM
Because you're envious of it.

Nope. Because in order to be envious I'd want it to be happening to someone else instead - and I don't.
You will search in vain for any history of me supporting any international side - let alone England.

You could perhaps say I'm resentful of Wales' success, but even that would be overstating it. I simply don't like underdog stories and find the Welsh rather hard to warm to, so I'd prefer that they got their arses kicked.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-04-2016, 09:14 AM
When a team outplays another team like Wales did to Belgium the "underdog" bit doesn't even begin to come into it.

But you have to analyse your irrational hatred of the Welsh, it may be something deeply Freudian and damaging to you.

Sir C
07-04-2016, 09:18 AM
When a team outplays another team like Wales did to Belgium the "underdog" bit doesn't even begin to come into it.

But you have to analyse your irrational hatred of the Welsh, it may be something deeply Freudian and damaging to you.

Have you ever been to wales, m? It's, you know, full of welshers :-(

Burney
07-04-2016, 09:21 AM

Oh, some of them are alright (my brother in law's one and a splendid - if rather taciturn - fellow), but en masse I find them pretty dreary with all their singing and moaning and their horrid, ugly language.