PDA

View Full Version : Who will cling on longest, Jezza or Wenger?

Yesterday Once More
07-03-2016, 05:04 PM
There must be something about the climate in Islington that breeds deluded old fools who don't know when enough is enough.

I am sure that if Jezza's Momentum proper-uppers set him a target of a top-four finish at the 2020 General Election he could deliver on it, behind the Tories, Lib Dems (as the haven for EU democracy-denying types) and UKIP (who will swallow up the northern and midland working-class vote, especially if we are still prevaricating over Article 50). All Jezza needs for his top four trophy, ahead of wee Jimmy Krankie and her wrecking crew north of the border, is to somehow get just over 50 seats from his London bubble and one or two other places like Bristol.

Shame it won't be enough to keep him in Europe, but let's face it he doesn't really want to be there.

Just Trent
07-03-2016, 06:27 PM
Arsene will still be here in 2020. Which is also the year that Takuma Asano will make his first premiership start for Arsenal.

Ash
07-03-2016, 07:05 PM
...if we are still prevaricating over Article 50...

You probably meant procrastinating, rather than prevaricating. Most popular malapropism ever imo.

Rich
07-04-2016, 08:37 AM
Arsene will still be here in 2020. Which is also the year that Takuma Asano will make his first premiership start for Arsenal.

I admire your optimism. I don't think that he will ever make a Premier League start for Arsenal. He'll be loaned to Brighton next season, start brightly before demotion to the bench and then the match day squad.

Loans to a host of Championship clubs will follow before he moves to the German second division on a free transfer.

Burney
07-04-2016, 09:24 AM
Who will cling on longest, Jezza or Wenger?

It's 'Who will cling on longer' when the comparison is between just two things or people. It would be 'longest' if it were more than two.