PDA

View Full Version : Yeah I think that's hand ball guv

Tony C
07-02-2016, 08:38 PM
Looooooooooooooooooooool wtf was he thinking

Monty92
07-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Looooooooooooooooooooool wtf was he thinking

I'm not sure it was 100% clear cut. He had his hands up there as defenders often do to demonstrate to the ref that he wasn't fouling his opponent. So it certainly wasn't intentional handball. And whilst refs are directed to penalise handballs when the hand is in an "unnatural" position, I interpret that to mean when hands are positioned deliberately so that the ball may hit them. Which I don't think applies to Boetang.

Pokster
07-04-2016, 07:56 AM
I'm not sure it was 100% clear cut. He had his hands up there as defenders often do to demonstrate to the ref that he wasn't fouling his opponent. So it certainly wasn't intentional handball. And whilst refs are directed to penalise handballs when the hand is in an "unnatural" position, I interpret that to mean when hands are positioned deliberately so that the ball may hit them. Which I don't think applies to Boetang.

If you don't think that is a clear hand ball then they might as well never give 1 again

Sir C
07-04-2016, 08:04 AM
If you don't think that is a clear hand ball then they might as well never give 1 again

Why do you say that? Do you think his intention was to handle the ball?

Luis Anaconda
07-04-2016, 08:13 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Pokster
07-04-2016, 08:16 AM
Why do you say that? Do you think his intention was to handle the ball?

The bloke heading the ball could only have headed it in that way if he was directing it towards the goal, so to jump with your hands up like that increases the chances of a hand ball by a large %, so the defender knew what he was doing and can't claim that it was accidental because his hands were ina natural position...... if you don't give that you might as well let defenders star jump at everything and never give a handball again.

Sir C
07-04-2016, 08:21 AM
The bloke heading the ball could only have headed it in that way if he was directing it towards the goal, so to jump with your hands up like that increases the chances of a hand ball by a large %, so the defender knew what he was doing and can't claim that it was accidental because his hands were ina natural position...... if you don't give that you might as well let defenders star jump at everything and never give a handball again.

It's just another example of how ridiculous the hand ball rule (law?) really is; there is far too much room for interpretation. I'd probably have called it as hand ball, but I can quite see Monty's point. It's in no way as clear cut as you make out.

Pokster
07-04-2016, 08:24 AM
It's just another example of how ridiculous the hand ball rule (law?) really is; there is far too much room for interpretation. I'd probably have called it as hand ball, but I can quite see Monty's point. It's in no way as clear cut as you make out.

Perhaps not, but if you jump with your hands like that and the ref doesn't give it (he would anywhere else on the pitch) then you might as well scrap the law completely.