PDA

View Full Version : Portugal must be about the least inspiring team to do well at a tournament

Sir C
07-01-2016, 01:28 PM
since Greece dulled their way to victory wheneveritwas.

Even watching Ronaldo air-kicking chances can't make up for the blandness of the bizarre Russian-sounding suckling-pig-bothering Atlantic-facing Iberian layabouts :-(

Mo Britain less Europe
07-01-2016, 01:30 PM
Yes. One has to hope they will be knocked out in the semis. Excpet for winning games they really haven';t been much better than England.

SWv2
07-01-2016, 01:31 PM
Surprised you don’t want to become a Portuguese citizen.

Football content: impressed last evening by young Sanches.

Sir C
07-01-2016, 01:34 PM

You don't know that I don't want to become a Portuguese citizen. But anyway, I don't need to, because I am already a British, Irish and Dutch national, and nothing you can do can stop me coming to your country and living on your (I assume) extremely generous benefits system.

Football content: He bloody did, didn't see? Apart from all the flair, he seemed remarkably composed and quite intelligent.

Ash
07-01-2016, 01:37 PM

In the previous game he impressed by 'putting himself about' a bit. Even more from him last night.

Pokster
07-01-2016, 01:39 PM
Yes. One has to hope they will be knocked out in the semis. Excpet for winning games they really haven';t been much better than England.

Well since they haven't won a game in 90 minutes in 1 sense they are behind England

Burney
07-01-2016, 01:41 PM
You don't know that I don't want to become a Portuguese citizen. But anyway, I don't need to, because I am already a British, Irish and Dutch national, and nothing you can do can stop me coming to your country and living on your (I assume) extremely generous benefits system.

Football content: He bloody did, didn't see? Apart from all the flair, he seemed remarkably composed and quite intelligent.

So does this mean I get to tell you to **** off back to your own country and racially abuse you on public transport?

Clogbogwog

SWv2
07-01-2016, 01:42 PM

I will never view you as an equal, let us be clear about this. You’re nothing but a filthy passport whore, happy to dilute your national pride and take up with a people you readily dismiss as animals. You are the societal equivalent of a player leaving Spurs for Arsenal.

I can see the logic, however expensive it may seem now, in Bayern spending big on this kid. Only his 46th professional appearance last night (forgive me if this is wrong but I am basing this on the commentator, and in any case J is not here to correct me nor point out who he played for from ages 7-12). To step up and take a penalty in such an important game and to then despatch it in the manner he did, blimey.

I shall whisper this but last evening was one of the first times I also noticed what a very good defender Pepe is, or can be.

Sir C
07-01-2016, 01:48 PM
So does this mean I get to tell you to **** off back to your own country and racially abuse you on public transport?

Clogbogwog

Why, certainly it does; after all, "Britain’s raging racism calls for more than symbolic safety pins ..."

"the xenophobic morass Britain has descended into" (Surely, "the xenophobic morass into which Britain has descended"?)

"The racism and xenophobia that runs through our society have been thrust out into the open."

The ****s spreading these lies in a desperate effort to create conflict need to be shot.

Sir C
07-01-2016, 01:50 PM
I will never view you as an equal, let us be clear about this. You’re nothing but a filthy passport whore, happy to dilute your national pride and take up with a people you readily dismiss as animals. You are the societal equivalent of a player leaving Spurs for Arsenal.

I can see the logic, however expensive it may seem now, in Bayern spending big on this kid. Only his 46th professional appearance last night (forgive me if this is wrong but I am basing this on the commentator, and in any case J is not here to correct me nor point out who he played for from ages 7-12). To step up and take a penalty in such an important game and to then despatch it in the manner he did, blimey.

I shall whisper this but last evening was one of the first times I also noticed what a very good defender Pepe is, or can be.

Hold on, didn't you come from the English bit of the island in the north?

I'm more Irish than you, bejaysus.

The odd thing about Pepe is that he doesn't need all the *******s, and plays better when he just gets on with it. Perhaps he is mentally deficient?

Ash
07-01-2016, 01:52 PM
I can see the logic, however expensive it may seem now, in Bayern spending big on this kid. Only his 46th professional appearance last night (forgive me if this is wrong but I am basing this on the commentator, and in any case J is not here to correct me nor point out who he played for from ages 7-12).

:nod: I used to love watching him play for Benfica's B team in the second division a few years ago.

Burney
07-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Why, certainly it does; after all, "Britain’s raging racism calls for more than symbolic safety pins ..."

"the xenophobic morass Britain has descended into" (Surely, "the xenophobic morass into which Britain has descended"?)

"The racism and xenophobia that runs through our society have been thrust out into the open."

The ****s spreading these lies in a desperate effort to create conflict need to be shot.

Yes - while at the same time their editor panhandles for money to help sustain their Brexit coverage. glwtpimo

Sir C
07-01-2016, 01:56 PM
Yes - while at the same time their editor panhandles for money to help sustain their Brexit coverage. glwtpimo

One wonders whether there isn't an argument for reporting this as an example of the "hate speech" so beloved of these pricks.

SWv2
07-01-2016, 01:57 PM
:nod: I used to love watching him play for Benfica's B team in the second division a few years ago.

As much as I like you and on many occasions have partaken in the mutual exchange of pints, the fact is you are simply an Aldi version of J.

You see he would have called it the Segunda Liga.

Norn Iron
07-01-2016, 02:11 PM
I bet on them at the start to avail of the Betfair offer where every time they win a game I get a free £5 bet.
They haven't won a single game in 90 minutes :-|