PDA

View Full Version : It's a shame that Gove is a less than imposing physical specimen, isn't it?

Sir C
06-30-2016, 03:43 PM
He just doesn't look like a statesman. On the other hand, he is said to be incredibly intelligent, and, to the best of my knowledge, he managed to heartily piss off every teacher in the country, so he must be a decent guy.

May just seems like the safe, uninpsiring choice.

So, dull, or geek? What's it to be?

redgunamo
06-30-2016, 03:48 PM
He just doesn't look like a statesman. On the other hand, he is said to be incredibly intelligent, and, to the best of my knowledge, he managed to heartily piss off every teacher in the country, so he must be a decent guy.

If he's said to be incredibly intelligent, he'll surely get destroyed at a general election, won't he? Nobody likes that sort of thing.

And I just image-searched this May female :-|

Ash
06-30-2016, 03:56 PM

He doesn't look like Pob any more, though.

Burney
06-30-2016, 04:03 PM

I'd prefer him as leader in the sense of being capable, but I fear for him at an election, where things like looking a bit nerdy and sounding...well...Scotch will weigh heavily against him.

Mind you, Theresa May looks like the sort of woman who'd have her hand on your thigh after a couple of glasses of lady petrol, so who knows?

redgunamo
06-30-2016, 04:28 PM
I'd prefer him as leader in the sense of being capable, but I fear for him at an election, where things like looking a bit nerdy and sounding...well...Scotch will weigh heavily against him.

Mind you, Theresa May looks like the sort of woman who'd have her hand on your thigh after a couple of glasses of lady petrol, so who knows?

Well, one certainly would, of course, but that's hardly the point here, is it.

But, on that grubby note, who was our last childless PM?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-30-2016, 05:07 PM

It's also a shame that he is an insufferable **** bucket.

Burney
06-30-2016, 07:28 PM
Heath. And, as Wilson said about him: 'The problem with Ted is that when he gets home in the evening, he has no-one to abuse but himself.' :hehe:

redgunamo
06-30-2016, 07:43 PM
Heath. And, as Wilson said about him: 'The problem with Ted is that when he gets home in the evening, he has no-one to abuse but himself.' :hehe:

loooooooooooooool.

Luis Anaconda
07-01-2016, 10:25 AM

I've worked for the man, sir c. he struggled to make a decision on a ****ing headline - fit to lead the country, my arse.

And don't get me started on his wife - the stories I could tell

Tony C
07-01-2016, 10:30 AM
doesn't look like he's worked a day in his life....

Luis Anaconda
07-01-2016, 10:31 AM
doesn't look like he's worked a day in his life....

Hang on t - he worked with me.... oh yeah

Ash
07-01-2016, 10:45 AM
And don't get me started on his wife - the stories I could tell

No, by all means, get started on his wife.

Pic, btw?

Mo Britain less Europe
07-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Looks like you don't to have an imposing physique to wield a stiletto with effect. Poor Boris.

Ash
07-01-2016, 10:56 AM
Looks like you don't to have an imposing physique to wield a stiletto with effect. Poor Boris.

Looks like the knives could be out for Gove now, too.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-01-2016, 11:11 AM
Looks like the knives could be out for Gove now, too.

He has been a stupid **** and allowed himself to get carried away with the whiff of power. May couldn't deal with Johnson so they got Gove to betray him and now Judas-like he finds he hasn't got any support himself. Fool

Ash
07-01-2016, 11:47 AM
He has been a stupid **** and allowed himself to get carried away with the whiff of power. May couldn't deal with Johnson so they got Gove to betray him and now Judas-like he finds he hasn't got any support himself. Fool

You have to hand it to the Tories. They are bloody good at political assassinations.

I'm half expecting Tony Blair to throw his hat in the ring for Tory leader. He thinks that a 'great statesman' likes him is required to do the negotiations. By that I assume he intends to negotiate to stay in.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-01-2016, 01:21 PM
You have to hand it to the Tories. They are bloody good at political assassinations.

I'm half expecting Tony Blair to throw his hat in the ring for Tory leader. He thinks that a 'great statesman' likes him is required to do the negotiations. By that I assume he intends to negotiate to stay in.

And get a nice fat commission to boot.

7sisters
07-01-2016, 01:29 PM

It never ceases to amaze me how political parties of all hues fail to see how unelectable many of their leaders are to the generl public.
It's almost as if they're too close to the process and candidates to stop and ask themselves the obvious question..

Ash
07-01-2016, 01:39 PM
And get a nice fat commission to boot.

"Lets see *gets out calculator* ... ten grand a day for two years ...."