PDA

View Full Version : la and reg; how are the locals reacting?

Sir C
06-30-2016, 12:42 PM
My French chums have got quite sniffy and are suggesting that they'll be better off with us gone, and that they can't wait until we've buggered off and left us alone.

I have been forced to remind them of what European nations tend to do to each other without our guiding influence. The cheeky garlic-eating ****s.

Are those around you giving you stick? More than the usual, I mean.

Luis Anaconda
06-30-2016, 12:56 PM
My French chums have got quite sniffy and are suggesting that they'll be better off with us gone, and that they can't wait until we've buggered off and left us alone.

I have been forced to remind them of what European nations tend to do to each other without our guiding influence. The cheeky garlic-eating ****s.

A mixture of incredulity and sympathy, mostly. Though, I think it is dawning on the Germans that it's like late at night in the pub, and although he was drunk and often quite abusive, one look at who you're left stuck with once John Bull has gone home is a very sobering thought indeed

Sir C
06-30-2016, 12:58 PM
A mixture of incredulity and sympathy, mostly. Though, I think it is dawning on the Germans that it's like late at night in the pub, and although he was drunk and often quite abusive, one look at who you're left stuck with once John Bull has gone home is a very sobering thought indeed

Yes, I suppose once we've withdrawn our financial contribution, it will be Germany tht has to make up the shortfall. What with France being a nation of feckless wasters, and that.

Luis Anaconda
06-30-2016, 01:03 PM
Yes, I suppose once we've withdrawn our financial contribution, it will be Germany tht has to make up the shortfall. What with France being a nation of feckless wasters, and that.

Yes indeed - maybe the Russians would like to get involved

Ash
06-30-2016, 01:14 PM

Someone has to buy all those motor cars you make over there, and having just got back from France, I can see that it isn't the French.

Luis Anaconda
06-30-2016, 01:17 PM
Someone has to buy all those motor cars you make over there, and having just got back from France, I can see that it isn't the French.
Well BMW is basically designing for the Chinese markets these days - so Bayern are all right

redgunamo
06-30-2016, 02:26 PM

There's not a little envy actually, that at the very least, we've had our say. *They* should be so lucky, seems to be the gist of the thing.