PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2016.....The QuarterFinals....

Tony C
06-29-2016, 01:46 PM
Thoughts lads?

Poland vs Portugal

Somehow Portugal have gotten this far...personally think their progress to this stage has been more surprising than Icelands.

With Ronaldo you always have a chance but they have been generally poor so far and my feelings is that Poles will get the job done.

Lewandowski is just sitting on a big performance...strikers like him DO NOT got such long periods without scoring....

Wales vs Belgium

Pretty easy this one...Belgium should have just too much class for this lot....Class all around, playing as a team and Hazards quality shining through....remains to be seen whether the can put two classy performances back to back but Wales are hardly a major test for them.

Germany vs Italy

A classic match up.....Germany big favourites especially with the the change up front with Gomes coming back in for fat Mario Gotze.

He gives them a big cutting edge up front.

Italy produced an unbelievable performance vs Spain....2-0 really flattered Spain....Italy were good for a few more goals. They play a beautiful 3-5-2 but the los of Thiago Motta might be the crucial blow for their chances.

they've never lost to Germany in Knock Out football and with Conte rallying the troops they won't let that record slip without making Germany play to their absolute best.

Classic match...will be hoping for an Italian win but won't be upset if Germany show their class....you can't knock quality football.

France vs Iceland

Firstly...as much as I want England to do well I'm glad they got knocked up...I'm sorry the French wouldve ripped them apart.

Easy Peasy for the French...easy peasy....Pogba will be too much for the Icelanders to handle in midfield and the space and time Giroud will buy Payet and Griezemann the time they need to rip into them.

By the way..if Germany or Italy had Giroud up front they would be pretty much unbeatable....just my thoughts on how Ollie has performed so far.....makes me wonder if we actually need a new striker....maybe for league football over 38 games it's a requirement given the demanding nature of it and the need to be flexible for different opponents and strategies.

Ash
06-29-2016, 03:09 PM
Should things be level I expect Poland will be a lot keener on playing out for pelanties then Portugal.

SWv2
06-29-2016, 03:21 PM
Thoughts lads?

......if Germany or Italy had Giroud up front they would be pretty much unbeatable....just my thoughts on how Ollie has performed so far.....makes me wonder if we actually need a new striker....maybe for league football over 38 games it's a requirement given the demanding nature of it and the need to be flexible for different opponents and strategies.

We do need a new striker as Giroud has continually proven himself to be ineffectual and too fleeting in his qualities – and he does have qualities, as much as I may dislike him.

He does well each season, 20 goals, mind you I would see that as a base criteria for a first choice striker at our club – however season upon season he goes through a patch, quite a patch last season, where he does not score which is not good enough for first choice striker at top level side. And man when he is poor he is ****ing shocking. At least when Danny is ****e he runs around a lot, little like a headless Duracell bunny but he does run around.

I’m not saying ship him out, as much as I would like to ship him out, but an upgrade is in order. Just like my new phone as it goes.

And he is a preening over dramatic mirror****, even at this Euros, have I mentioned that.