PDA

View Full Version : Enda Kenny, Irish Taoiseach

Ash
06-28-2016, 12:47 PM
"I want to assure the Irish public that we have prepared to the greatest extent possible for the eventuality of the UK leaving the EU."

So, more preparation than the British Govt seem to have done then for this eventuality.

SWv2
06-28-2016, 12:51 PM
"I want to assure the Irish public that we have prepared to the greatest extent possible for the eventuality of the UK leaving the EU."

So, more preparation than the British Govt seem to have done then for this eventuality.

I suspect he is lying. This is a chap liked and trusted by few, a chap who may struggle to find his own arse with both hands.

Mo Britain less Europe
06-28-2016, 12:52 PM
Are they going to hold a vote on Irish reunification with the rest of the United Kingdom?

Sir C
06-28-2016, 12:54 PM
I suspect he is lying. This is a chap liked and trusted by few, a chap who may struggle to find his own arse with both hands.

He's a man? A man called Edna?

You've got a trans prime minister? **** me, things have changed.

Luis Anaconda
06-28-2016, 12:56 PM

They're very inclusive these days - they made a goblin president

Sir C
06-28-2016, 12:57 PM
They're very inclusive these days - they made a goblin president

Jesus H Christ. That gene pool is well and truly ****ed.

Mo Britain less Europe
06-28-2016, 12:57 PM
Yes. A modern, forward-thinking European state which criminalises terminations even for the victims of rape.

SWv2
06-28-2016, 01:06 PM
Jesus H Christ. That gene pool is well and truly ****ed.

I did not vote for that wee ****ing freakshow.

Burney
06-28-2016, 01:07 PM

Yes. It does appear that Dave & Co. were working on the principle that preparing for Brexit would jinx their chances of winning. :-\

Burney
06-28-2016, 01:09 PM

When he feels particularly aggrieved, he is a Bitter Enda.
When he travels to the Orient he is an East Enda.
When he expires he will be a Dead Enda.

SWv2
06-28-2016, 01:10 PM
Are they going to hold a vote on Irish reunification with the rest of the United Kingdom?

Oops I mis-read the question.

Burney
06-28-2016, 01:12 PM
I did not vote for that wee ****ing freakshow.

You voted for him? I assumed he just appeared when you found his pot of gold and set you a riddle.

Sir C
06-28-2016, 01:13 PM
When he feels particularly aggrieved, he is a Bitter Enda.
When he travels to the Orient he is an East Enda.
When he expires he will be a Dead Enda.

Enda. Enda isn't a name.

Savages. I told you, and you argued with me. A load of savages.

Luis Anaconda
06-28-2016, 01:13 PM
You voted for him? I assumed he just appeared when you found his pot of gold and set you a riddle.

You see I was trying to avoid the obvious leprechaun tag
Bloody English and your racial stereotypes ;)

redgunamo
06-28-2016, 01:16 PM

Like, why the **** should I stay at Aston Villa?

http://i.embed.ly/1/display/resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FCKHdLKcWo AAMzd9.jpg

SWv2
06-28-2016, 01:19 PM

Yes, he was up against another couple of ****ing eejits including Dana (I think, maybe she dropped out of the race early).

I took the wise decision and voted for none of them.

Burney
06-28-2016, 01:20 PM
You see I was trying to avoid the obvious leprechaun tag
Bloody English and your racial stereotypes ;)

Look mate, I call a spade a spade. And if you have a tiny Irish fella who looks like a mythical creature, then I'm going to go with the culturally appropriate stereotype.

Burney
06-28-2016, 01:22 PM
Yes, he was up against another couple of ****ing eejits including Dana (I think, maybe she dropped out of the race early).

I took the wise decision and voted for none of them.

Dana? :hehe: The one who sang 'All Kinds of Everything' and now seems to be slightly more Catholic than the Pope? That Dana? :hehe:

**** me. This 'whole monarch as head of state' thing sounds better every minute. :hehe:

Are you going to give Johnny Logan a go next? :hehe:

SWv2
06-28-2016, 01:31 PM
Dana? :hehe: The one who sang 'All Kinds of Everything' and now seems to be slightly more Catholic than the Pope? That Dana? :hehe:

**** me. This 'whole monarch as head of state' thing sounds better every minute. :hehe:

Are you going to give Johnny Logan a go next? :hehe:

That's her. Turns out she came 6th though her campaign was troubled by allegations of her brother being some kind of sexual deviant.

Who'd have thought.

Sir C
06-28-2016, 01:36 PM
look mate, i call a spade a spade. And if you have a tiny irish fella who looks like a mythical creature, then i'm going to go with the culturally appropriate stereotype.

#postbrexitracistbrokenbritain :-(

Burney
06-28-2016, 01:47 PM
#postbrexitracistbrokenbritain :-(

Yes, I'll be off to beat up some Bangladeshi kids and pour petrol through a Romanian's letterbox later, since that's what I do now, apparently. According to The Guardian, anyway.

Ash
06-28-2016, 01:48 PM
Yes. It does appear that Dave & Co. were working on the principle that preparing for Brexit would jinx their chances of winning. :-\

Or that it never crossed their minds that they might lose, because it was never supposed to be a chance for the voters to leave the EU, but just a strategy to see off the Tory Eurosceptics and eliminate the threat from UKIP. They assumed that when Goldman Sachs and David Beckham told everyone how they should vote, people would do what they were told.

Sir C
06-28-2016, 01:48 PM
Yes, I'll be off to beat up some Bangladeshi kids and pour petrol through a Romanian's letterbox, since that's what I do now, apparently. According to The Guardian, anyway.

Yes, a tidal wave of nationalism has been released which is sweepuing the nation #krystalnacht

Burney
06-28-2016, 01:51 PM
Yes, a tidal wave of nationalism has been released which is sweepuing the nation #krystalnacht

:hehe: How's Ian Harvey taking all this, btw? I'm sure we can rely on him for calm and good sense.

Burney
06-28-2016, 01:56 PM
Or that it never crossed their minds that they might lose, because it was never supposed to be a chance for the voters to leave the EU, but just a strategy to see off the Tory Eurosceptics and eliminate the threat from UKIP. They assumed that when Goldman Sachs and David Beckham told everyone how they should vote, people would do what they were told.

Yes, well they clearly hadn't read their Chesterton, had they?

They have given us into the hand of new unhappy lords,
Lords without anger and honour, who dare not carry their swords.
They fight by shuffling papers; they have bright dead alien eyes;
They look at our labour and laughter as a tired man looks at flies.
And the load of their loveless pity is worse than the ancient wrongs,
Their doors are shut in the evening; and they know no songs.

We hear men speaking for us of new laws strong and sweet,
Yet is there no man speaketh as we speak in the street.
It may be we shall rise the last as Frenchmen rose the first,
Our wrath come after Russia's wrath and our wrath be the worst.
It may be we are meant to mark with our riot and our rest
God's scorn for all men governing. It may be beer is best.
But we are the people of England; and we have not spoken yet.
Smile at us, pay us, pass us. But do not quite forge

Mo Britain less Europe
06-28-2016, 02:08 PM
Yes, I'll be off to beat up some Bangladeshi kids and pour petrol through a Romanian's letterbox later, since that's what I do now, apparently. According to The Guardian, anyway.

Letterbox? I thought Romanians were homeless? That's why a third of Big Issue sellers nowadays are from those parts?

Sir C
06-28-2016, 02:14 PM
:hehe: How's Ian Harvey taking all this, btw? I'm sure we can rely on him for calm and good sense.

I can't even begin to describe the tsunami of hysteria, moral superiority and 'I demand you look at me!' virtue signalling emanating from his camp. It's funny, if a touch emetic.

Burney
06-28-2016, 02:17 PM
I can't even begin to describe the tsunami of hysteria, moral superiority and 'I demand you look at me!' virtue signalling emanating from his camp. It's funny, if a touch emetic.

:hehe: And there was me thinking he might have voted Leave. :hehe:

Ash
06-28-2016, 02:18 PM
Letterbox? I thought Romanians were homeless? That's why a third of Big Issue sellers nowadays are from those parts?

Not the ones living in Burnt Oak and Edgware.

Ash
06-28-2016, 02:20 PM
It may be beer is best.

I find this to be the case.

redgunamo
06-28-2016, 02:35 PM

Sound fellow, old Gilberto.

Luis Anaconda
06-28-2016, 03:01 PM

Some things we can all agree upon :)