PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile Palace have bid £30m for a striker.

SWv2
06-28-2016, 10:42 AM
30 ****ing million. Crystal Palace.

The world is ****ed.

Burney
06-28-2016, 10:47 AM

The world is ****ed.

Yes, I saw that. Mind you, it was probably on 25 million when they made the original bid and then the pound tanked. :hehe:

redgunamo
06-28-2016, 10:59 AM

The world is ****ed.

George is no doubt weeping onto his latte at the news; that was one of the forwards he really fancied for us.

Pat Vegas
06-28-2016, 11:00 AM

The world is ****ed.

They have been looking at the currency exchange the wrong way round.

SWv2
06-28-2016, 11:06 AM
George is no doubt weeping onto his latte at the news; that was one of the forwards he really fancied for us.

He was indeed on the list supplied by our former great European. It would appear that what with this chap and the other Lacazette chap from Ligue 1 that roughly £30m is a starting point as other (can I say lesser??) clubs such as West Ham and now Palace are wading in with big bucks.

Poor old Arsene is in for a tough summer.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-28-2016, 11:17 AM

The world is ****ed.

Liverpool have just paid £34m for Mane ffs :hehe: The market is crazy.

SWv2
06-28-2016, 11:34 AM
Liverpool have just paid £34m for Mane ffs :hehe: The market is crazy.

Especially when they are ****ed out of the country in two years.

#brexit
#takingourjobs
#promoteenglishtalent

redgunamo
06-28-2016, 11:36 AM
He was indeed on the list supplied by our former great European. It would appear that what with this chap and the other Lacazette chap from Ligue 1 that roughly £30m is a starting point as other (can I say lesser??) clubs such as West Ham and now Palace are wading in with big bucks.

Poor old Arsene is in for a tough summer.

At least we've got Champions League football to offer.

SWv2
06-28-2016, 11:46 AM
At least we've got Champions League football to offer.

We do, but that will count for little if Arsene and Ivan were unwilling to match the largesse of these other clubs in order to be allowed to speak with said players and then entice them with CL football.

Ultimately these clubs paying these silly fees will price the more sane others out of the equation.

We went for Vardy because he was cheap and potentially useful, not because he was a player we had been watching for a long time. I would love to be a fly on the wall in Arsene Towers.

barrybueno
06-28-2016, 12:03 PM
Stop the world v2, I wanna get off :hehe:

redgunamo
06-28-2016, 01:06 PM
We do, but that will count for little if Arsene and Ivan were unwilling to match the largesse of these other clubs in order to be allowed to speak with said players and then entice them with CL football.

Ultimately these clubs paying these silly fees will price the more sane others out of the equation.

We went for Vardy because he was cheap and potentially useful, not because he was a player we had been watching for a long time. I would love to be a fly on the wall in Arsene Towers.

Agreed. Major strategic error there, in my view. It can't be good for your players to know that the main reason you bought them is that they were cheap. And further, if they were actually any good, they would, in fact, be playing for someone else, somebody decent :-\

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-28-2016, 03:47 PM
Yes, I saw that. Mind you, it was probably on 25 million when they made the original bid and then the pound tanked. :hehe:

Mind you..... this gives Wenger a perfect excuse not to sign a striker. The one he wanted didn't want to come and all the other options suddenly cost too much.