PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones finale - favourite bit?

Burney
06-28-2016, 08:55 AM
Arya killing Walder Frey was good, but I'd have to say for sheer nastiness, it would have to be Cersei handing over Septa Unella to the tender mercies of the Revenant Mountain and saying 'Shame! Shame!' as she locked the door. :hehe:

Billy Goat Sverige
06-28-2016, 09:00 AM
Arya killing Walder Frey was good, but I'd have to say for sheer nastiness, it would have to be Cersei handing over Septa Unella to the tender mercies of the Revenant Mountain and saying 'Shame! Shame!' as she locked the door. :hehe:

The King in the North bit. I've been waiting for Jon to be king since Robb was done away with, but i also liked seeing the look on Littlefinger's face. Finally one of his schemes didn't come off :****er:

Burney
06-28-2016, 09:03 AM
The King in the North bit. I've been waiting for Jon to be king since Robb was done away with, but i also liked seeing the look on Littlefinger's face. Finally one of his schemes didn't come off :****er:

Yeah. Also, little Lady Mormont is swiftly becoming my favourite character. :hehe:

Did you notice that the close ups of Littlefinger revealed that his hair is weirdly dyed. It's jet black on top, but snow white at the sides. He looks bizarre. Also, he's possibly the worst actor in the entire thing.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-28-2016, 09:07 AM
Yeah. Also, little Lady Mormont is swiftly becoming my favourite character. :hehe:

Did you notice that the close ups of Littlefinger revealed that his hair is weirdly dyed. It's jet black on top, but snow white at the sides. He looks bizarre. Also, he's possibly the worst actor in the entire thing.

Yeah i noticed that, very skunk like. At least he seems to have stuck on an accent now rather than changing it every season. Ten months to wait for the next season, and then it's only going to be seven episodes :cry:

Ash
06-28-2016, 11:15 AM

I think Arya's bit, though nuking the Sept was pretty ****ing spectacular. Sad for Marge and the bum bandit, of course. And I did rewind Olenna's scene in Dorne a couple of times. Dianna Rigg :bow:

Burney
06-28-2016, 11:20 AM
I think Arya's bit, though nuking the Sept was pretty ****ing spectacular. Sad for Marge and the bum bandit, of course. And I did rewind Olenna's scene in Dorne a couple of times. Dianna Rigg :bow:

Yeah, I'll miss Maergery. Not least because she was so easy on the eye. Poor old fanny-befuddled Tommen probably could have done with a quick arm round the shoulder and a bit of 'there's plenty more fish in the sea'-type reassurance rather than tossing himself off like that.

Yes, you do feel the scriptwriters gave Olenna those lines to express everyone's feelings about the Sand Snakes. :hehe:

Ash
06-28-2016, 11:21 AM

They'll have to watch that Baelish. Or preferably just kill him. Ironic that they were roaring about Ned's blood in Jon's veins moments after it was officially confirmed not to be the case. Presumably Bran will turn up and announce this just as the North are about to smash the Lannisters, scattering the houses. Captain Darling though :bow:

Ash
06-28-2016, 11:28 AM

Ickle Lady Mormont is superb. She almost deserves a spin-off series already. The Littlefinger actor seems to have got worse. I'm sure he was better in the scenes with Varys. Maybe the better actor's skillz rubbed off on him.

Burney
06-28-2016, 11:35 AM
Ickle Lady Mormont is superb. She almost deserves a spin-off series already. The Littlefinger actor seems to have got worse. I'm sure he was better in the scenes with Varys. Maybe the better actor's skillz rubbed off on him.

Yes. She would be ace in a series where she just basically goes around busting the balls of grown men. :hehe:

The Littlefinger actor seems to have taken to growling. He sounds like a pirate.

SWv2
06-28-2016, 11:35 AM
I never knew you were a GoTer A.

Burney
06-28-2016, 11:36 AM

All the best people are, sw.

Ash
06-28-2016, 11:56 AM

Been there from the start. If, one day, you set aside your reservations and watch it you might be pleasantly surprised. Think of costume-drama, scaled-up House of Cards with about a dozen Frank Underwoods and lots of scheming and smiting, and you'll hardly notice the supernatural stuff.

Sir C
06-28-2016, 12:02 PM

It's got boobies in :cloud9:

Luis Anaconda
06-29-2016, 08:43 AM

Now I've caught up, I couldn't possibly choose - though the look on Cersei's face when she walked out of the room in that scene was pure evil brilliance. Ending was superbly done as well, I thought

Alexism - Atheoist
06-29-2016, 02:52 PM
I vote for Cersei standing at the window drinking her wine watching all her enemies burn, although that look Jaime was giving her at the end was another great moment. That's really signalling trouble ahead.

I am also genetically predisposed to respond that little girl with what I assume was a Scottish accent saying "and you didn't answer the call." I thought that was a great scene.