PDA

View Full Version : Whilst I have toyed with the idea a few times in the past few years.

Pat Vegas
06-27-2016, 11:53 AM
I am going to submit the papers to leave the country in October. this can take anywhere from 1 year to 10 months to finalise. Before this I will apply for my British passport to avoid future problems once the exit from the EU is complete.

Lately several factors seem to be leading to this.
Redundancies, probably having to move out as our place will be demolished, and now with this economic uncertainty it's perhaps time to go.

Now I am 'mid thirties' time to set up shop elsewhere with a quieter lifestyle but a good standard of living, somewhere I can actually afford to buy a home. I have actually been offered a mortgage abroad without even living there.

I hope the pound value stabilises as it hits our plan a bit but still doable. I was nearly able to get double my money in Canadian dollar.

This time it will be done. If anyone wants a good deal on a Fiat 500l In October let me know :thumbup:
I will probably replace it with a pick up truck or ford mustang once I am settled in new parts.

SWv2
06-27-2016, 11:55 AM
I am going to submit the papers to leave the country in October. this can take anywhere from 1 year to 10 months to finalise. Before this I will apply for my British passport to avoid future problems once the exit from the EU is complete.

Redundancies, probably having to move out as our place will be demolished, and now with this economic uncertainty it's perhaps time to go.

Now I am 'mid thirties' time to set up shop elsewhere with a quieter lifestyle but a good standard of living, somewhere I can actually afford to buy a home. I have actually been offered a mortgage abroad without even living there.

I hope the pound value stabilises as it hits our plan a bit but still doable. I was nearly able to get double my money in Canadian dollar.

This time it will be done. If anyone wants a good deal on a Fiat 500l In October let me know :thumbup:
I will probably replace it with a pick up truck or ford mustang once I am settled in new parts.

Why do you have to fill out papers to leave?

Burney

:hehe: This is taking the Fash Flounce to a whole new level, f.

Sir C

Erm, you don't have to apply to leave the country, f. We don't live in the DDR.

Pat Vegas
06-27-2016, 11:56 AM
Why do you have to fill out papers to leave?

To make room for my wife.

Ash
06-27-2016, 11:58 AM
Pexit?

--------

Pat Vegas
06-27-2016, 11:59 AM
Pexit?

--------

fashxit. 10 characters

Burney
06-27-2016, 12:01 PM
Erm, you don't have to apply to leave the country, f. We don't live in the DDR.

I think poor old f has become overwrought. He doesn't like turmoil. It has a bad effect on him. :-(

Pat Vegas
06-27-2016, 12:03 PM
I think poor old f has become overwrought. He doesn't like turmoil. It has a bad effect on him. :-(

yep. I do not like unsettled stuff.

However my recent visit may have led to the decision :-)

Relatives with basements bigger than my flat :-( not that it's all about having a big house. I'd quite like to have one.

SWv2
06-27-2016, 12:04 PM
To make room for my wife.

Is Mrs F a chubby lass then?

Burney
06-27-2016, 12:05 PM
yep. I do not like unsettled stuff.

However my recent visit may have led to the decision :-)

Relatives with basements bigger than my flat :-( not that it's all about having a big house. I'd quite like to have one.

Yes, well Canada is a big place with lots of space. No denying it.

It's also as dull as ****, of course, but it's your call.

Pat Vegas
06-27-2016, 12:05 PM
Is Mrs F a chubby lass then?

Nah she fits in my pocket.

Pat Vegas
06-27-2016, 12:07 PM
Yes, well Canada is a big place with lots of space. No denying it.

It's also as dull as ****, of course, but it's your call.

That being said Burney. They have rather good supermarkets.

This is the best supermarket I have ever been to. http://www.blogto.com/city/2011/11/new_loblaws_unveiled_at_maple_leaf_gardens/

Burney
06-27-2016, 12:09 PM
That being said Burney. They have rather good supermarkets.

This is the best supermarket I have ever been to. http://www.blogto.com/city/2011/11/new_loblaws_unveiled_at_maple_leaf_gardens/

:hehe: Well that's me sold, then.

Pat Vegas
06-27-2016, 12:11 PM
:hehe: Well that's me sold, then.

I thought that would do it.

The only thing that was odd. lack of Lamb for sale.

Ash
06-27-2016, 12:15 PM
fashxit. 10 characters

Will you post a Daily Grumble every 5pm like GSTB used to?

Pat Vegas
06-27-2016, 12:19 PM
Will you post a Daily Grumble every 5pm like GSTB used to?

I can do it much earlier if I move to the East coast.

around this time of day.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-27-2016, 12:25 PM

I'll be applying for a Swedish passport once i can (September) for airport queues :hehe:

SWv2
06-27-2016, 12:29 PM
I'll be applying for a Swedish passport once i can (September) for airport queues :hehe:

How much does it all cost? Over a grand to become one of us.

redgunamo
06-27-2016, 12:31 PM

**** all, I think, so long as you can get there.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-27-2016, 12:33 PM

Roughly £150 for the citizenship application and then £35 for the passport.

Luis Anaconda
06-27-2016, 12:36 PM

where did you get that figure from?

Sir C
06-27-2016, 12:38 PM

You might want to consider getting out while you can, la :-(

Luis Anaconda
06-27-2016, 12:40 PM
You might want to consider getting out while you can, la :-(

I though that was what I did when I left the UK, sir C

Ash
06-27-2016, 12:43 PM

One of what, an Ulsterman?

:hide:

Speaking of which, your lads have seized on this thing to put a referendum on unification on the agenda. Exciting, eh? Then you'd never have to worry about any borders when popping up to see the rellies. Just 750k angry prods, of course.

SWv2
06-27-2016, 12:44 PM

That is the sum fees for one who has to become an Irish citizen as opposed to a person who has the family heritage to obtain one.

The fee for each application for naturalisation is €175.

The following are the relevant fees to be paid when the certificate of naturalisation is issued.
Application on behalf of a minor €200
Widow, widower or surviving civil partner of Irish citizen €200
Refugee, stateless person or programme refugee No charge
Others €950

SWv2
06-27-2016, 12:50 PM
Speaking of which, your lads have seized on this thing to put a referendum on unification on the agenda. Exciting, eh? Then you'd never have to worry about any borders when popping up to see the rellies. Just 750k angry prods, of course.

Yes, I noted SF straight onto the bandwagon with that one. James McLean even found time during this preparations for the France game to tweet on the matter. Enormous ****ing **** that he is.

I suppose their assumption is that all or most Catholics will be Nationalists and will vote for reunification, the dirty Hun obviously not. I am unsure if it will simply be as black and white as that of course as (some) people will want to look at other economic and social issues as opposed to us simply having one football team.

I have to say an enforced border would be a horrible pain in the arse and I wish only good luck to whatever security forces were ordered to roll into areas in South Armagh etc. to enforce this.

redgunamo
06-27-2016, 12:51 PM
http://www.dailystormer.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/MIGRANTS-.jpg

That is the sum fees for one who has to become an Irish citizen as opposed to a person who has the family heritage to obtain one.

The following are the relevant fees to be paid when the certificate of naturalisation is issued.
Others €950

Luis Anaconda
06-27-2016, 01:53 PM

Others €950
ah yes - that would make sense